• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I've long since tired of Star Trek but I thought, for the most part, Deep Space Nine was the high point of the franchise. I followed it for quite a few seasons. A sad loss! RIP Aron
Yes, I think it was probably my favourite too. I liked the collection of odd characters.

New Picard trailer:

Looks like they're getting all the guest stars in, by which I mean, all the guest stars who haven't acted since their ST shows ended.

Looks like they're getting all the guest stars in, by which I mean, all the guest stars who haven't acted since their ST shows ended.
So... will Kes and Tasha Yar be in it?

So... will Kes and Tasha Yar be in it?

Denise Crosby (Tasha) isn't in the show... yet (according to IMDb she's still getting a fair few roles). Mind you, if Picard is themed around the aftermath of the destruction of Romulus, it's quite possible Sela will pop up. (In Star Trek Online lore, Tasha Yar died on a prison planet but Sela, with the Tal Shiar, is struggling to reclaim the Romulan Star Empire from the new Romulan Republic)

Jennifer Lien (Kes) is retired from acting and is struggling with mental health issues (and had run-ins with the law because of it).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Lien#Personal_life

The other TNG/Voyager veterans reprising their roles have been doing quite well for themselves by the looks of it.

Sad about Jennifer Lien, but I was watching Denise Crosby in a film out this year. She's not Tasha Yar-shaped anymore, but still has presence.

Last time i saw Denise Crosby it was in a disaster movie about a huge tidal wave cant remember the name tho

Good to remember that like so many, she left the franchise to avoid type-casting, avoid restricting her work opportunities, and give herself more space to show off her talent. They kill off our friends and for what?

Good to remember that like so many, she left the franchise to avoid type-casting, avoid restricting her work opportunities, and give herself more space to show off her talent.
It didn't work for her. Her career went off a cliff after Star Trek.

It didn't work for her. Her career went off a cliff after Star Trek.
Like others. I haven't had a broadcast tv in years but I don't recall running into what's her name the trill after she left ds9. Neither was a very good actor. And for that matter what did duchovny do after he quit x files?

Like others. I haven't had a broadcast tv in years but I don't recall running into what's her name the trill after she left ds9. Neither was a very good actor.

Terry Farrell. I think what did for her career was an unfortunate quote about Mickey Rourke. What an image!

Denise Crosby was in most of the last season of Suits...one of my guilty pleasures...she played a mean Lawyer who had official power via The Bar in the US. She was very good in the role. She also was in a tv comedy about quirky people in south Florida Keys...back in the late 90's maybe..? Good show that didn't last.

Terry Farrell. I think what did for her career was an unfortunate quote about Mickey Rourke. What an image!
She was in Becker for about 5 or 6 years...another quirky comedy that was pretty funny imho.

She was in Becker for about 5 or 6 years...another quirky comedy that was pretty funny imho.

I'd forgotten that, it was only on a fairly obscure channel over here so didn't make much of an impression. Maybe it was her Star Trek career that was scuppered after the Mickey Rourke quote (she was replaced against her will in the last season of DS9).

I'd forgotten that, it was only on a fairly obscure channel over here so didn't make much of an impression. Maybe it was her Star Trek career that was scuppered after the Mickey Rourke quote (she was replaced against her will in the last season of DS9).
What did she say about him...?

I was watching this, and forgive me i was crying, must be the way i am feeling at the mo, i adore space battles and this is a little different, the end got to me the most, i am sure you might not understand why probably

What did she say about him...?

Better spoiler tag this one, it's very rude...

I can't remember it exactly, but when she was his girlfriend he used to enjoy anal sex with her - but she didn't. She said it just felt like she needed to take a massive shit.

You can see why that wouldn't have gone down well with the ST bosses.

Of course on ST there is no such thing as dead. You can and do return.

Now Nickelodeon have announced they are going to do an animated Star Trek series.

Kes should be long dead since the Ocampa have extremely short life cycles and after leaving the ship she's in a later season episode and near the end of her lifespan.
Yes, but they have the technology to extend her lifespan. Tada!

Back