• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I was going to suggest that Skywalker may mean "orphan" - as in free to roam the stars without a home. Game of Thrones orphans from the North are all called Snow. What if the surname Skywalker is given to children without parnents but who turn to the force for guidance (Luke, Rey etc). But then I remembered that Anakin and his mother Shmi already had the Skywalker surname.
Am I right in remembering that earlier drafts had Luke as Luke Starkiller instead of walker? .. if so, maybe Lucas changed the name because of stars like Sharon Tate and John Lennon being killed? .. dunno?

Am I right in remembering that earlier drafts had Luke as Luke Starkiller instead of walker? .. if so, maybe Lucas changed the name because of stars like Sharon Tate and John Lennon being killed? .. dunno?

Tate died in 1969, Lennon in 1980 so it wouldn't be because of those particular murders. "The Skywalker" appears as Luke Starkiller's Jedi name in an early draft from 1975.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Adventures_of_the_Starkiller,_Episode_I:_The_Star_Wars

I'd guess "Skywalker" is just a much nicer-sounding name for a hero. A name for a wanderer amongst the stars. "Starkiller" evokes images of a fierce warrior who likely strikes dramatic poses, laser sword in one hand and damsel he's just rescued in the other.

Question : Assuming Luke appears in the next film, what will he look like?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/48447/the-true-power-of-force-ghosts

Tate died in 1969, Lennon in 1980 so it wouldn't be because of those particular murders. "The Skywalker" appears as Luke Starkiller's Jedi name in an early draft from 1975.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Adventures_of_the_Starkiller,_Episode_I:_The_Star_Wars

I'd guess "Skywalker" is just a much nicer-sounding name for a hero. A name for a wanderer amongst the stars. "Starkiller" evokes images of a fierce warrior who likely strikes dramatic poses, laser sword in one hand and damsel he's just rescued in the other.
Cheers Tribble although my theory of possible influence is suggesting that Tate's murder was only 6 years earlier than '75 so would have still been up there in the popular conscience/public awareness .. it's a long shot I admit ..

2:20

Never bothered with the Rebels cartoons, but this is actually pretty good.

Then this

Then this
Most satisfying. Thank you Bizney and friends.

Referring to the sentience of the Falcon - it was added to canon in 'Solo' that the intelligence/personality of L3-37 was uploaded to the ship's systems, so that theory is on the money.

Oh cool. I didn't watch Solo. Might do so now. The reviews said it was abominable.

Depends on the draft I believe. There was indeed a Luke Starkiller, but also at one point an Anakin Starkiller. Same person though, the young potential savior. There was also a General Skywalker, who was more the wizened older warrior/mentor Obi Wan type.

Depends on the draft I believe. There was indeed a Luke Starkiller, but also at one point an Anakin Starkiller. Same person though, the young potential savior. There was also a General Skywalker, who was more the wizened older warrior/mentor Obi Wan type.

'hem
V V V
[QUOTE="skinny, post: 1890986, member: 38187"

2:20
[/QUOTE]

Or will it be the easy way out and we find out that Luke is Rey's father, leading to a new classic "Rey, I am your Father" line?

Or will it be the easy way out and we find out that Luke is Rey's father, leading to a new classic "Rey, I am your Father" line?
Nooooo...

achewy.gif

The trailer doesn't tell us much, which is fine. I hope it's good, which is seemingly unlikely given corner they painted themselves with the last one, or that it's a complete shitshow I can laugh at. It will probably just be a semi-competent, semi-coherent muddle at that's "OK".

Please let Star Wars die, Disney, it's time to be taken behind the barn and shot.

The trailer doesn't tell us much, which is fine. I hope it's good, which is seemingly unlikely given corner they painted themselves with the last one, or that it's a complete shitshow I can laugh at. It will probably just be a semi-competent, semi-coherent muddle at that's "OK".

Please let Star Wars die, Disney, it's time to be taken behind the barn and shot.
As long as they bring Spock back, I'll be fine.

The return of a certain character makes me worry we are in for another remake. At least Last Jedi had a new plot.

Too late, there's a Boba Fett TV show on soon.

The bit in the trailer with C3-PO... aww...

Back