• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Too late, there's a Boba Fett TV show on soon.

The bit in the trailer with C3-PO... aww...

And an Obi-Wan series about his time on Tattoine between episodes 3 and 4 (I mean, who doesn't want to know what he got up to with the Jawas) and God knows how many more series and at least one more trilogy is in the works and probably a second if they haven't canned Rian Johnson's.

STAR WARS WILL HAUNT OUR MINDS UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD.

Which, mercifully, doesn't look to far away.

And an Obi-Wan series about his time on Tattoine between episodes 3 and 4 (I mean, who doesn't want to know what he got up to with the Jawas)

Dear Diary,

DAY 1 : Tattooine Passport Control sucks. Baggage handlers lost my suitcase and now there's sand in my boots.

DAY 10 : I hate sand.

DAY 100 : I really hate sand. And sandpeople. So rude. I only wanted to borrow some milk and they deliberately misinterpreted it as a sexual advance on the chieftain's wife.

DAY 200 : Did I mention how much I hate sand?

DAY 300 : Jawas tried to sell me some sand. This "Fall to the Dark Side and massacre everyone" thing sounds better and better every day.

DAY 500 : There's only so many ways you can prepare womp rat and they all taste like ass.

DAY 1000 : Nothing happened today.

DAY 8321 : That Skywalker kid picked a fight with the sandpeople. Stupid kid. And they still haven't forgiven me for the milk incident. Broke into a little song and dance routine to pacify them and they ran off. Stupid sandpeople.

And an Obi-Wan series about his time on Tattoine between episodes 3 and 4 (I mean, who doesn't want to know what he got up to with the Jawas)
I saw a film that showed that, but I'd be surprised if they'd show it on Disney+.

(OK, so it was actually him and a Sandperson, but still...)

I saw a film that showed that, but I'd be surprised if they'd show it on Disney+.

(OK, so it was actually him and a Sandperson, but still...)

The Sandpeople referred to him as a "Bantha Rider" I'll let you interpret that.

Kevin Smith getting a bit excited about the new trailer NSFW

There isn't a Boba Fett TV show in the works.

There's a series called 'The Mandalorian' that isn't about Boba Fett, but it is about someone who wears armour from the same 'hood.

There isn't a Boba Fett TV show in the works.

There's a series called 'The Mandalorian' that isn't about Boba Fett, but it is about someone who wears armour from the same 'hood.

And everywhere he goes, every planet, every space station, every backwater moon, people turn and look at him and whisper to each other "Yeah, he's kinda cool, as Mandalorian bounty hunters go, but he's no Boba Fett."

Frustratingly, Boba Fett apparently isn't "a Mandalorian", he just wears the armour or summit.

So, you invent a character who is in perhaps three scenes in two films, who doesn't actually do much and only says a handful of lines and you invent a "race/planet/culture" which explains his armour but then despite him being the only Mandalorian that 99% of Star Wars fans know, he isn't one.

FUCK THIS NERD ASS SHIT.

Frustratingly, Boba Fett apparently isn't "a Mandalorian", he just wears the armour or summit.

So, you invent a character who is in perhaps three scenes in two films, who doesn't actually do much and only says a handful of lines and you invent a "race/planet/culture" which explains his armour but then despite him being the only Mandalorian that 99% of Star Wars fans know, he isn't one.

FUCK THIS NERD ASS SHIT.

Not raised in the Mandalorian "Gotta go to war with 'em all" tradition, but he's a clone of someone who might or might not be of Mandalorian stock.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jango_Fett#Early_life

I never got why people like boba Fett anyway. He's a completely incidental character.

I never got why people like boba Fett anyway. He's a completely incidental character.

Because they are massive, massive twats.

I'm all about Gonk:

GNKpowerdroid-DB.png

I have had little to say, and mayhap I should say it.

In what strange Galaxy was SW sold to Disney??? Not this one, surley?

I have enjoyed most of the outpourings of these last decades. (With the exception of The Passion of Anakin Skywalker, in ROTS, but I am just squeamish)

I enjoyed the Clone Wars cartoon series, Even Ahsoka, (Who needs sending to her room)

And Rebels...oddly grim for so-say kids stuff. (And Disney) (Ezra needs a clip round the ear...and a hug) There was some winceworthy scenes in The Clone Wars too....if I had kids I think I would watch it by myself first. I wouldnt make the assumption that because it is kids stuff its suitable for them.

TFA and TLJ had their up moments. I wouldnt slate them like some folk did. And even Kitten Ren grew into a slight badass. (His dealing with Snoke was classic)

I even liked Solo.

But Im not sure I thought I liked R1. The characters never grow on you,

I see the plans for a new SW trilogy have been scuppered by Game of Thrones' Benioff and Weiss leaving the project. Conspiracy theories start here! Fan backlash? Them recently admitting publicly they didn't know what they were doing on GoT? Netflix vs Disney rivalry?

This was Hamill's 2017 Carrie tribute - about 50min

This was the 'Lost' Star Wars doco on the making of ESB.

Last edited:
I see the plans for a new SW trilogy have been scuppered by Game of Thrones' Benioff and Weiss leaving the project. Conspiracy theories start here! Fan backlash? Them recently admitting publicly they didn't know what they were doing on GoT? Netflix vs Disney rivalry?

I think the backlash against the final series of GoT was a big factor and I think they were dumped rather than walking away, they may have had a pitch for a trilogy that initially sounded good but then weren't able to flesh it out and/or were uncooperative/incompetent/incoherent when it came to trying to flesh out those ideas.

I think the backlash against the final series of GoT was a big factor and I think they were dumped rather than walking away, they may have had a pitch for a trilogy that initially sounded good but then weren't able to flesh it out and/or were uncooperative/incompetent/incoherent when it came to trying to flesh out those ideas.

I didn't follow up the article on here, but the news said the reason was the streaming wars: Disney didn't want them working for Netflix simultaneously with them. Mind you, their plummeting standing and aforementioned (ill-advised) self-deprecating remarks can't have helped.

I didn't follow up the article on here, but the news said the reason was the streaming wars: Disney didn't want them working for Netflix simultaneously with them. Mind you, their plummeting standing and aforementioned (ill-advised) self-deprecating remarks can't have helped.

There's a rumour going around that they were sacked in May as a direct result of the final season of GoT and it was kept quiet, perhaps in both parties' interests, the streaming thing makes sense, I hadn't thought of that.

Back