• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Watervale, SA Disappearance?

gerhard1

Abominable Snowman
Not certain what to make of this. It's a strange enough story, the only thing is I can't find hide no hair of it anywhere except on this video. Watervale is a real town in South Australia, about 100 km north of Adelaide but a google search turned up nothing on Marie , and the sane results were obtained in searches of national Australian missing persons database.

Either the youtube poster was himself taken in or he is pulling our legs

Her remains were found within 2 weeks, and the police claimed no indication of foul play ...
Elisa Curry Disappearance: Police Confirm Human Remains Are Those Of Missing Jogger

Human remains found near Anglesea have been identified as those of missing mum Elisa Curry.
The body of missing Melbourne mother Elisa Curry has been found and identified, Victoria Police confirmed on Monday.

Authorities said human remains found near Anglesea on Wednesday October 11 are those of the missing 43-year-old, who was last seen at her Aireys Inlet holiday home on September 30.

"Police were called to Point Roadknight beach about 11.30am on Wednesday after a woman walking a dog located suspected human remains," a police statement said.

"The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage but the investigation remains ongoing." ...

FULL STORY: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2...mains-are-those-of-missing-jogger_a_23244308/

That's not the same woman or the same town in Australia though.

Sorry, that's correct. I posted the Guardian link. Not sure if I thought it was the same person. I think I posted the link because gerhard1 questioned the veracity of the podcast story and that was the closest factual link regarding a missing female jogger from Australia. I didn't clearly state that at the time.

Sometimes my mind jumps way ahead of what I'm doing and I forget that I need to explain to others how I've joined two separate thoughts.

That's not the same woman or the same town in Australia though.

The Watervale Runner story is listed as a "subscriber story." On the Bedtime Stories home page the site describes 3 categories of stories they supply:

Bedtime Stories focuses first and foremost on entertaining the viewer and whilst most of the cases we cover are grounded in the details of recorded events, we do throw in the odd urban legend and even some of our subscribers’ own stories!

https://www.bedtime-stories.uk

The Wikitubia entry for this site states:

The channel has also made videos based on stories told by their subscribers.

https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/Bedtime_Stories

As such, I always had the impression Bedtime Stories includes both dramatized versions of actual mysterious events and occasional items which are fictionalized or perhaps even outright fiction submitted by their subscribers.

Sorry, that's correct. I posted the Guardian link. Not sure if I thought it was the same person. I think I posted the link because gerhard1 questioned the veracity of the podcast story and that was the closest factual link regarding a missing female jogger from Australia. I didn't clearly state that at the time. ...

I can attest to the fact that as of January 2019 there was no trace of any "real" Australian news story analogous to the podcast story except the Elisa Curry case.

Back