• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
One of the latest videos doing its rounds on the interweb.
This showed up in The Sun first from what I saw. It's also from 2015, so not new. Isn't it "silly season"?
Nothing ever came of it. So, it fails to be all that they scream it is.

Dan Ackroyd talks about Bigfoot (and various other crypto/forteana topics) with Joe Rogan and how we should be approaching 'this stuff'

Last edited:
Watched Mysteries Decoded in the US on cable for the first time..the Big foot episode.....I liked the skepticism of the lady who was the head of the show..a private investigator. In the end she was unconvinced of the reality of Bigfoot after all the evidence and positions presented over the course of her investigation in British Columbia and those she talked to. She didn't think an y of the current 'evidence' proved anything.

Mysterious sounds in the Canadian wilderness
Sasquatch or Wendigo? Mysterious howls in Canadian wilderness spark confusion
Hunters and government biologists searching for explanations after unusual sounds recorded in forests of north-western Ontario
Leyland Cecco in Toronto
Fri 15 Nov 2019 19.00 GMTLast modified on Fri 15 Nov 2019 21.22 GMT
‘It sounded kind of heavy,’ Gino Meekis said of the noises. Some speculate the sounds could come from a grizzly bear while others think it could be a large wolf. Photograph: Don Johnston/Getty Images/All Canada Photos

A series of howls and shrieks recorded in the Canadian wilderness have left a hunter and government biologists searching for explanations.
Gino Meekis was out hunting grouse with his wife and grandson in the forests of north-western Ontario – more than 50km from the closest town – when they heard a series of eerie noises in the distance.
etc

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/15/canada-forest-howls-shrieks-video

This sent chills up and down my spine. It also sounded familiar. This is "the moors" scene in American Werewolf in London (one of my favourite movies). What do you think?

I played it back again and thought the sound might be mechanical - perhaps some sort of heavy lifting equipment used in the lumber trade. The sound could be distorted over distance and by echoes etc.
On the other hand, it could be something big, hairy and hungry.

There is a REALLY REALLY big difference between a Sasquatch and a Wendigo. When these beings become all jumbled up and the origins forgotten, it shows how these questions of strange experiences have become unmoored from any reasonable explanations.

There is a REALLY REALLY big difference between a Sasquatch and a Wendigo. When these beings become all jumbled up and the origins forgotten, it shows how these questions of strange experiences have become unmoored from any reasonable explanations.
Isn't there some confusion between the elemental "Wendigo", and "Windigo" which is another tribal name for Sasquatch?

I also played this to the wife and she immediately said it sounded mechanical. She thought maybe wood going though one of those big circular saws.
I’m not totally convinced by that. When I listen to it as an animal it’s not quite right and when I listen to it as something mechanical it’s not quite right.

I also played this to the wife and she immediately said it sounded mechanical. She thought maybe wood going though one of those big circular saws.
I’m not totally convinced by that. When I listen to it as an animal it’s not quite right and when I listen to it as something mechanical it’s not quite right.
It is surprisingly regular, yes.

It reminds me a bit of the noise the bin lorries make when they are around my way, that sort screechy, roaring mechanical sound of some piece of heavy equipment that's seen better days. Sounds like mating season in Jurassic Park round my way sometimes.

It reminds me a bit of the noise the bin lorries make when they are around my way, that sort screechy, roaring mechanical sound of some piece of heavy equipment that's seen better days.

7bb0ac3983714f772f2ede65ddf7e3cb.gif

....She thought maybe wood going though one of those big circular saws....When I listen to it as an animal it’s not quite right and when I listen to it as something mechanical it’s not quite right.
A saw horse?

It is very regular, with very little variation in tone or duration.

No, not a saw horse, that’s the framework for supporting the wood that needs sawing.
Something like this
43B66107-374F-474D-BEF2-4680ABE8449E.jpeg

No, not a saw horse, that’s the framework for supporting the wood that needs sawing.
Something like this
Yes. I knew that.

It's an (admittedly) weak pun on the animal / machine dichotomy with which you had presented us previously.

Isn't there some confusion between the elemental "Wendigo", and "Windigo" which is another tribal name for Sasquatch?

Wendigo and Windigo are just spelling variations of the same name, which is a mythological creature in Algonquian culture. (There is also Wendigo psychosis, one manifestation of which was that poor man on a bus in western Canada a few years ago who was killed and chewed on by a First Nations man who had some mental problems.) A sasquatch (aka Bigfoot) is, supposedly, an actual animal, same sort of thing as a yeti.

Wendigo and Windigo are just spelling variations of the same name, which is a mythological creature in Algonquian culture. (There is also Wendigo psychosis, one manifestation of which was that poor man on a bus in western Canada a few years ago who was killed and chewed on by a First Nations man who had some mental problems.) A sasquatch (aka Bigfoot) is, supposedly, an actual animal, same sort of thing as a yeti.
The murderer Vince Li was Chinese Canadian, not First Nations.

On a slightly more humorous Sasquatch note...

ohio.png.jpg

'Bigfoot' Enlisted to Sell Home in Ohio
A real estate agent in Ohio came up with a rather clever way of ensuring that her latest listing captured the attention of prospective home buyers by featuring Bigfoot in some of the photos showcasing the property. The cryptozoological concept was reportedly the brainchild of realtor Shauna Bailey, who initially intended to use a Sasquatch costume which she purchased last month to spice up images of an otherwise unremarkable vacant piece of land that she was selling.
Source: https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/bigfoot-enlisted-to-sell-home-in-ohio

Back