• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Desecration Of Clop Hill

The eldritch horror that sent a vicar insane.
Thanks for posting that. I'll have to find part 2 tomorrow.

That poor man. And after the tragedies of his wife and child dying. Then after all the stuff with the bones, he retires and moves to a cottage..... No wonder he nearly had a breakdown.

I wonder if in terms of satanic ritual if there's anything significant about the location or landscape? People who are seriously into that really make sure about time, location, date, numerology, symbolism, etc.

I wonder if in terms of satanic ritual if there's anything significant about the location or landscape?
It is a curious video, though quite polished. The book in the foreground is, I am guessing, the principal source, apart from a jaunt to the location and a talk with a local, which feature towards the end. Inserts are from stock or are unacknowledged recreations.

This sort of material needs to be set in the context of 1960s Sunday Newspaper sensationalism. You could print almost anything about anybody and the only redress might be a tiny retraction six months later.

I can remember being enthralled by these stories in the late sixties but the Clophill cluster, if it existed, was before I was taking much notice. The featured book might be a good place to start investigating, providing, that is, it is equipped with accurate quotes and full references to sources. :thought:

Yet again, I am caught at taking things at face value. I must stop doing that and question it all.

I can remember being enthralled by these stories in the late sixties
I was only 3 days old on the 16th March 1963, the day those boys rode to the church, but also remember from the late 60’s and early 70’s similar such stories, usually in the News of the World. Such stories would have contributed to my interest in all things occult orientated.

Back