• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I've read this entire thread and it strikes me that I didn't spot any guns. Dunno why that crossed my mind.

Last edited:
Afternoon, bit if a weird one this. I dreamt last night that I was at a funeral and went to have a look at the hearse and saw the coffin... it had my name on it!!!! I couldn't see any of my relatives or friends/workmates. I went to the chapel/church and it was a bun to get to the front but it wasn't a church, it was a hall. Next thing I knew,I was at the wake but I could not speak to anyone and they couldn't see me!!!! I saw this woman and spoke to her and said no one would see me or talk to me and see just looked at me....then I woke up.

I had this impression that I was a ghost and I was at my funeral. I wasn't scared, more confused.

How's that for a Crimbo ghost story!!!!

Sounds like an awesome dream. I just hope it's because you've been watching too much Ebenezer Scrooge and not some type of premonition.

I'fe red this entire thread and it strikes me that I didn't spot any guns. Dunno why that crossed my mind.

I don't think I've ever dreamt about guns. Mind you, I've only ever seen one single gun IRL, so they've never been part of my life.

Last night's dream featured talking kittens, an embezzling banker and a postmodern Rapunzel. Unsure how it all linked together.

Edit: Just recalled that the middle section of the dream featured a lorry magician.
It'd make a great book!

In my last dream I was at Liverpool Lime Street Station, on way to Manchester Piccadilly station, where I'm actually going tomorrow.

Having walked in through the side/taxi entrance I noticed was nearly deserted, which is unusual, and I could hear an alarm tone.

I thought 'This is a fire drill...' then 'Hold on, they don't have random fire drills, is this an actual fire?'
No evidence of fire, like smoke or firemen, was apparent so I concluded it was a bomb threat. Was there really a bomb or was it a false alarm, whether accidental or malicious?

The best thing to do was one, as the Scousers say, so I decided to leave. Which was the safest way out though, main or side doors?
As I pondered, I woke up.

This is about the worry that a lot of my colleagues have around violence and terrorism.

In my dream last night, Bill Clinton came to the campus where I work, and for some reason dropped by my office suite. (Not my real world office, but a more open floor plan with several desks and cubicles.) He was about to leave when I was returning from somewhere else. Since he was standing near my desk, I casually said hello, and then wondered to myself if I was being too familiar with an ex-president I hadn't met before. Clinton turned to an assistant standing beside him and said "Want to go to lunch?" and then turned to me and said the same thing. Of course I accepted.

Before leaving for lunch, I walked with him to a temporary office they had set up for him, and waited in a hallway a little distance away. There was an informational video screen there, and at one point it played a clip of Clinton speaking about the importance of volunteerism. I mentioned - loudly enough for him to hear me - that I wished I wasn't so busy and tired all the time so that I could volunteer for community service. Clinton looked upset by this, and started to look about the office for something. He came out with a rather thick paperback, which I correctly assumed to be a book he had written that would encourage me to volunteer. It was an odd edition, though, with the entire text of the book in three languages separated into three parallel columns.

Then my alarm went off.

Escargot was your dream showing that you need to find the right way to be away from that difficult colleague?

Escargot was your dream showing that you need to find the right way to be away from that difficult colleague?

What, like having him blown up? Sounds good!

Well I was thinking about maybe the different shift . It's not a good thing for your health because even though you are brave maybe your subconscious is worried.
I personally know what working with toxic people can do to you.

Well I was thinking about maybe the different shift . It's not a good thing for your health because even though you are brave maybe your subconscious is worried.
I personally know what working with toxic people can do to you.

Thank you!

I looked at some websites (mainly police) which give advice about harassment/stalking and they all say you should talk about it rather than keeping it to yourself. So yeah, I tell anyone who will listen and everyone knows what I think. I've warned everyone about him and stressed the he's not just a danger to me, it's any woman he's alone with or even maybe any man if he's far gone enough.

As long as I'm not on a shift where I'll bump into him, or if I am, I'm not alone with him, I can deal with it. Until he goes totally psychotic he's shrewd enough not to go for me in front of anyone.

Thank you!

I looked at some websites (mainly police) which give advice about harassment/stalking and they all say you should talk about it rather than keeping it to yourself. So yeah, I tell anyone who will listen and everyone knows what I think. I've warned everyone about him and stressed the he's not just a danger to me, it's any woman he's alone with or even maybe any man if he's far gone enough.

As long as I'm not on a shift where I'll bump into him, or if I am, I'm not alone with him, I can deal with it. Until he goes totally psychotic he's shrewd enough not to go for me in front of anyone.
If he's still there then you shouldn't be X .. Iris is correct, it's not worth the mental and emotional drain .. Tim Field PHD, leading expert in this field would advise you against ..

I'm on beta blockers at the moment and a known side effect is weird dreams ..

I've just shouted out loud and woken myself up. The dream ended with a large buzzing fly that felt like it was trying to burrow into the back of my neck, no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of it. I asked a bloke standing in the corner of the room but he wouldn't help me. A TV was on and the news was reporting these flies. The man shrieked because blood had started to run down my back but the buzzing had stopped. Then another fly appeared to be doing the same thing again to me.

I shouted out so woke myself up, felt the back of my neck and checked my pillow in case I was actually lying on a fly. I thought I could feel a boil or spot. I'm now feeling a bit perturbed.

I dreamed I walked into an office workplace chattering about some crap and shouting 'Hey up!' to everyone, and nobody responded except with glares. I'd interrupted a Remembrance silence.

Two weirder than usual dreams over two nights.

First, I went into my bedroom to find it in darkness, and my brother was trying to shift my bed from the far wall out of the window. He was a shadow person, very tall and blocky. Also furious, so I pretended to help before yelling in a pirate voice "Arr! The light is failing!!!" He responded by bearing down on me, I cowered and he slammed into me, then I woke up. I don't have a brother, incidentally.

Second, I was in a railway sleeping compartment, and trying to avoid waking someone (generic passenger character) whose feet were under the covers next to a button I was trying to press. They woke up and (understandably) demanded to know what I was doing, waking the other passengers sitting alongside. I started wrestling with the covers and shouting in a military officer voice "Colonel Mustard! I might have known!" as I pretended to be sleepwalking. Then the two other passengers laughed "Don't you realise we were lying all along?" and I looked round to see they were smiling dolls' heads on a fold out table. Then I woke up.

Two weirder than usual dreams over two nights.

First, I went into my bedroom to find it in darkness, and my brother was trying to shift my bed from the far wall out of the window. He was a shadow person, very tall and blocky. Also furious, so I pretended to help before yelling in a pirate voice "Arr! The light is failing!!!" He responded by bearing down on me, I cowered and he slammed into me, then I woke up. I don't have a brother, incidentally.

Second, I was in a railway sleeping compartment, and trying to avoid waking someone (generic passenger character) whose feet were under the covers next to a button I was trying to press. They woke up and (understandably) demanded to know what I was doing, waking the other passengers sitting alongside. I started wrestling with the covers and shouting in a military officer voice "Colonel Mustard! I might have known!" as I pretended to be sleepwalking. Then the two other passengers laughed "Don't you realise we were lying all along?" and I looked round to see they were smiling dolls' heads on a fold out table. Then I woke up.

This made me laugh so hard I think my lung has collapsed. :rollingw:
:hoff:

Yesterday after work I dozed on the sofa and had a micro-dream in which someone held out an unlit vanilla-scented candle for me to sniff. I inhaled gently, taking in the delicate perfume.

In reality I did one of those loud hog-snores. Techy sent me to bed.

1. I wiggled one of my lower left premolar teeth with my tongue until it came loose and fell out.

2. l was with some other men in a cave half way up a wooded hill. We were being attacked by Zulus, and were defending ourselves with black powder rifles. l could see puffs of smoke from between the trees on a nearby hill where the Zulus were shooting at us.

Down below, a column of Zulus was approaching us from my left along a river valley. Bizarrely, the advancing warriors were interspersed with white women in modern wedding dresses! l took careful aim at them and fired, and saw one of the advancing figures fall, though l’m unsure whether it was Cetshwayo, Shaka or Tatler’s Bride of the Year. Oops!

maximus otter

Dreamt that I had big hair, and was very confused, since I knew I'd had it cut last week, and couldn't have grown so fast and so much in a week. Basically, I looked like this -
images.jpeg

Back