• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Last night I dreamt that 4 enormous bunches of red roses were delivered.
One for each of my daughters and me.

I wonder what red roses mean in dream language?

I've just shit myself up. I was half asleep, rolled over and saw a tall man wearing a white motorbike helmet standing by the bed looking at me. My heart leapt and I raised my fist then realised I was just looking at a pattern on the curtains.

I won't say what last night's dream was, but I was left with a scene from it which had me worrying, "Was that supposed to be an erotic dream? Because it didn't succeed!" But after thinking on it I realised it meant I was hungry. So there's a public service announcement for you: your worrying dreams are probably your subconscious thinking about lunch.

I've just shit myself up. I was half asleep, rolled over and saw a tall man wearing a white motorbike helmet standing by the bed looking at me. My heart leapt and I raised my fist then realised I was just looking at a pattern on the curtains.

Yup, been there. I have a poster-sized photo of Escette and Mr Escette on my bedroom wall and I sometimes wake up staring at it convinced it's something weird.

Dreamed I'd been put forward to help present a conference on the crimes of Jimmy Saville. I turned up with Paul, a former work colleague, to meet my fellow delegates and was shown into a large and bustling conference centre-type refectory where the lighting was poor.

I went over to an easel which held a big sign with a photo of a smirking Saville with a cigar - typical jaunty image - and a vulgar slogan, something like 'Jimmy was fixing it for HIMSELF! Don't let it happen to YOU!'
This made me feel so angry that I gripped the drum stick I was carrying and made it into a graceful arc shape.

My companion had already found our group's table, a big round one with about 5 or 6 important-looking people sitting at it. One had a uniform and hat like a senior police officer. I grumbled that I didn't have a seat but was shown one with my own bag on it which had been reserved for me, like a seat of honour. I felt welcomed then and knew things would go well.

This is about my problem at work. Dunno where the drum stick came from though.

Dreamt a neighbours house sold for $2.7 million, and thought it odd, as it had sold two years ago for half that price...

I was in a big public space - Trafalgar Square? - and l’d spotted a celebrity with whom l wanted to take a selfie. (This is 180⁰ away from my real-life personality).

The recipient of my fanboi attentions was a black chap, apparently a noted Olympic runner. He was being very diffident and self-effacing, dismissing his achievements, while l gushed about him doing something that nobody else in the world could do. l remember that he was wearing a ghastly, sub-Withnail checked tweed overcoat.

Fin.

maximus otter

Two dreams last night.

First dream:
In the first, Mr Zebra and I were at somebody's house (no idea who) looking at kittens he has for sale. For a while we looked at male ones and then realised it was a female one we wanted. So we looked at a couple of those. But each time we looked at one, our dogs who were both lying in the room, would have a little growl when they saw the kitten. We finally realised we didn't want a kitten after all because the dogs wouldn't get on with it. The chap selling them was growing quite impatient and "hoped we'd pick one soon" - we seemed to have been there several hours looking at the kittens.

Second dream:
This was quite a short one. We were watching some random telly program or internet video, and they were showing different 'cards' of scenes or places. When the next card came up I was really hoping it would be for the "Mount Button Hotel"... and I was thoroughly overjoyed when indeed it was.

In my dream our bathroom toilet was suddenly blocked, as happened a year or so back. The bowl was full of TP and, y'know. My idea was to scoop it out and then see if I could get the flush to work.
Woke up as I was peering intently down t'pan trying to gauge how well it was emptying.

Our work toilet block is currently out of use due to a mysterious blockage so maybe that's on my mind as it's most inconvenient.

I was in an off-licence, holding up an impatient queue of people while l bought three bottles of luxury malt whisky, total price £540.

For a few seconds after l woke up l was thinking, “God, how am l going to justify that to my wife?”

maximus otter

I was in an off-licence, holding up an impatient queue of people while l bought three bottles of luxury malt whisky, total price £540.

For a few seconds after l woke up l was thinking, “God, how am l going to justify that to my wife?”

maximus otter
People are always polite to the man with the shotgun.

Just for the record. I had a very unusual dream last night. And not related to anything I had been watching on the TV or thinking about even.

In the dream, I was watching a TV news report about some kind of flight (couldn't say for sure whether rocket or airplane) which had gone wrong leading to the occupants ejecting. However, the report was making a big thing about the fact that "This was the highest altitude ejection ever achieved", and footage was being shown of it happening. As the footage played the reporter was saying "....and if you can just make out those tiny specks, that's the 2 parachutes opening...." and indeed I was watching two tiny specks on the screen and following their path as they became obvious parachutes, becoming nearer and easier to see, before finally seeing them reaching the ground.

Something about it makes me feel more that it was a rocket launch, but I'm not sure why.

Dreamt I had salamanders up my nose. I'd get a 'full' feeling and have to blow my nose, whence a ball of tiny salamanders would shoot out. They would then untangle themselves and wander off. Cute looking little things. No sense of unease or discomfort.

Dreamt I had salamanders up my nose. I'd get a 'full' feeling and have to blow my nose, whence a ball of tiny salamanders would shoot out. They would then untangle themselves and wander off. Cute looking little things. No sense of unease or discomfort.
's'not normal.

At work and for cycling I wear a sweatband on my wrist. My currents ones are in a rainbow design. Last night I dreamed of chatting with customers about the attributes of various female celebrities, when it occurred to me that they assumed I'd be interested because the rainbow sweatband made me look gay. So I then had the brief dilemma of deciding whether to explain that... naaah, I just got on with my job.

Dreamt I was a character on Coronation Street, and had to step in and stop an argument between two characters that haven't been on the show in more than 20 years...

Dreamt I was a character on Coronation Street, and had to step in and stop an argument between two characters that haven't been on the show in more than 20 years...

Did they shout elegant epithets such as 'Yer gobby COWWW!'?

I had a very odd dream last night, one of those ones which seem to go on forever. Part of it involved a large old house and a strange stove, but that's a bit long winded.

The other part involved a road which we drove on when it was being built and then again once it was built; and each time, at precisely the same spot, a woman would be waiting and she would throw something made of solid plastic or metal, from her shoulder and onto the road right in front of us.

Twas only when I was relating the tale to Mr Zebra this morning that the pun hit me; we were driving along a road, and the woman was throwing a 'hard shoulder' at us...:)

No idea what it meant, nor what the rest of the dream meant either.

she would throw something made of solid plastic or metal, from her shoulder and onto the road right in front of us.

Similar happened to us today! Techy was driving me home from work when a young lad threw something across the road in front of us. He did indeed launch it from shoulder-height and the object he threw was some kind of large plastic industrial fitting, black, like two boxes joined together. We continued past it and arrived home for lunch.

A recurring one.

I am moving on to some place. And start packing my tools. But the more I pack the more there seems still to pack.

The move never happens. I don't get past the packing.

I had a very odd dream last night, one of those ones which seem to go on forever. Part of it involved a large old house and a strange stove, but that's a bit long winded.

The other part involved a road which we drove on when it was being built and then again once it was built; and each time, at precisely the same spot, a woman would be waiting and she would throw something made of solid plastic or metal, from her shoulder and onto the road right in front of us.

Twas only when I was relating the tale to Mr Zebra this morning that the pun hit me; we were driving along a road, and the woman was throwing a 'hard shoulder' at us...:)

No idea what it meant, nor what the rest of the dream meant either.

You are going to rob a bank and the police are throwing a stinger in front of you to prevent you escaping.

Back