• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Reversing the polarity and modulating the output? Works every time.

Even Dirac didn't think of that solution.

I wonder if reversing a collapsed wave function is what is going on it time travel (should it even be possible) ?

INT21.

It's "not fewer"!
No, I believe it can be argued that the word 'fewer' would only apply if We were all just numeric quantities. The departure of some might be said to make us fewer, the loss of others will make us collectively-less.

<"Game. Second set. Federer.">

(ps if you want me to defend you in court, I'll do it pro bono if you're innocent, and quite-economically if you're guilty)

No, I believe it can be argued that the word 'fewer' would only apply if We were all just numeric quantities. The departure of some might be said to make us fewer, the loss of others will make us collectively-less.

<"Game. Second set. Federer.">

(ps if you want me to defend you in court, I'll do it pro bono if you're innocent, and quite-economically if you're guilty)

You mean the whole is greater than the sum of the parts ?

Oh goodness me, yes, I certainly do. And it must always be thus.

(puts on gown and wig)

'So Madam would also agree that sometimes unfortunate things have to happen to individuals 'for the greater good' ?

Hello guys thank you for your concerns, i am fine and in for 12 weeks now, and also had my last chemo yesterday, rung the bell three times and have a certificate with my name and a big rainbow on.
Friends and family have been great, and i nip outside to talk to peeps, was thinking of having a custom hoola hoop made with a six foot circumference so peeps do not approach any nearer, too much, um?

Love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Jules

Hello guys thank you for your concerns, i am fine and in for 12 weeks now, and also had my last chemo yesterday, rung the bell three times and have a certificate with my name and a big rainbow on.
Friends and family have been great, and i nip outside to talk to peeps, was thinking of having a custom hoola hoop made with a six foot circumference so peeps do not approach any nearer, too much, um?

(6ft radius. 6ft circumference would have about a 1ft radius)

anar kaluva tielyanna

Delighted to hear all that, and to see you back here.

@Shady, go good to hear that you are doing well. Don't feel that maintaining your distance to people is over doing it. You have virtually no immune system. You must do what is needed to maintain your health and wellbeing. You've overcome one hurdle, so you've shown your resiliance and determination.

You need to keep healthy for others who may need you. Whether it's for emotional support in these isolating times, or simply to stay healthy and out of hospital and, in that way, help people who may need the hospital.

The small county that I live in has two people in hospital with COVID-19. One is a man in his'80s and the other is a man in his 30s. The man in his 30s had been self isolating because he'd caught it from someone who'd been travelling. Just Monday he called the ambulance (because of breathing difficulties) and informed them of his situation. By Wednesday, he is in ICU in serious condition. Though I don't know him, I am hoping that he recovers.

Has @Ogdred Weary gone AWOL or am I imagining things?
I was wondering where he's gone ..

Present yesterday, last posted Sunday.

Probably just busy. A lot of members have had work disrupted, others have never had so much to do, and a third category are now the lifelines for friends, relatives and neighbours.

Expect more absences.

Edit: yesterday from my perspective. It's Saturday here.

Glad @Shady is fine, but after me piping up about The Orville it's probably been postponed because of the virus, like almost everything else! Can't win! But Shady's the important thing.

@Shady, go good to hear that you are doing well. Don't feel that maintaining your distance to people is over doing it. You have virtually no immune system. You must do what is needed to maintain your health and wellbeing. You've overcome one hurdle, so you've shown your resiliance and determination.

You need to keep healthy for others who may need you. Whether it's for emotional support in these isolating times, or simply to stay healthy and out of hospital and, in that way, help people who may need the hospital.

The small county that I live in has two people in hospital with COVID-19. One is a man in his'80s and the other is a man in his 30s. The man in his 30s had been self isolating because he'd caught it from someone who'd been travelling. Just Monday he called the ambulance (because of breathing difficulties) and informed them of his situation. By Wednesday, he is in ICU in serious condition. Though I don't know him, I am hoping that he recovers.
We had two, one guy in care home is recovering, and one died, they were each at opposite ends of the town where i live but roughly quarter of a mile away from me, there was a couple in the hospital where i had chemo, one 21 year old is recovering, i forgot what was happening to the other, memory is a bit shite
I hope you and everyone on here gets thro this, everybody take care

Back