• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Here's another from our buddy, Chills. The one I want you to pay particular attention to starts at 20:05.

That would be hard to fake don't you agree?
I've started to go off Chills a bit, not because of his voice but for clips like no.8 in that link: man stares out of window, was he possessed? .. no, it was a man staring out of his window. Three 17 year old urban explorers are in an abandoned building, hear a loud bang and run away .. his vids are getting a bit desperate.

@Anoyjoot & Brownmane

Sometimes I fall down the youtube rabbit hole and to my surprise, I found old episodes of chills narrating in a perfectly normal voice. It is hard to believe but, I think he does it out of sheer laziness. He does have a clip on his channel that supposedly answers the question why he chooses to speak that way but, I guess I"m just not interested enough to watch. :D

@Swifty, okay but what did you think of that little toddler saying goodbye to grandma at the graveyard and leaning forward with her head raised to give her a kiss at 20:05 ?

@Anoyjoot & Brownmane

Sometimes I fall down the youtube rabbit hole and to my surprise, I found old episodes of chills narrating in a perfectly normal voice. It is hard to believe but, I think he does it out of sheer laziness. He does have a clip on his channel that supposedly answers the question why he chooses to speak that way but, I guess I"m just not interested enough to watch. :D

@Swifty, okay but what did you think of that little toddler saying goodbye to grandma at the graveyard and leaning forward with her head raised to give her a kiss at 20:05 ?
Pretty compelling. The location suggests she's talking with Grandma, it would be interesting to know if the toddler ever does that at home and has an imaginary friend anyway. If not, this strongly looks paranormal to me. Maybe her parents/parent told her to talk to Grandma?.

Is he narrating for the Top15 channel while still making his own compilation videos? Or is the Top15 channel his as well?

He can speak normally. I think it's a combination of 'medication' (non-prescription) and just reading lazily from a sheet rather than engaging in an excited, interesting way with the subject matter. He's just 'phoning it in'. He may even be semi-comatose or prostrate on a bed when he does it.

My god-daughter had full blown conversations with the Grandfather she never met when she was about 3. Her description of the old man she was talking to described her paternal grandfather in great detail. These conversations took place in a house that her grandfather had never visited either.

Here are the co-ordinates to the house: 53.499578, -2.540253

In the same house electronic items would randomly turn themselves on. Bob the Builders telephone ringing in the middle of the night gave them the biggest scare. My friends no longer live in that house and have told me on occasion that they were never really that comfortable living there.

At aged 2 my god-daughter also named a stuffed toy puppy "Lucifer". To this day we have no idea where she picked the name up from.

Mark ;0)

My god-daughter had full blown conversations with the Grandfather she never met when she was about 3. Her description of the old man she was talking to described her paternal grandfather in great detail. These conversations took place in a house that her grandfather had never visited either.

In the same house electronic items would randomly turn themselves on. Bob the Builders telephone ringing in the middle of the night gave them the biggest scare. My friends no longer live in that house and have told me on occasion that they were never really that comfortable living there.

At aged 2 my god-daughter also named a stuffed toy puppy "Lucifer". To this day we have no idea where she picked the name up from.

Mark ;0)
Sounds like there was other entities than the Grandfather also.

I've just come across a weird realisation. I always say that nothing paranormal has ever happened to me. Yet that's not true.

This incident with my god-daughter is genuinely unexplainable. She'd never seen a photo of her grandfather and her dad has never spoken about him in all the time I have known him.

It's as if I have just brushed off these weird happenings as normal, or if they didn't happen.

Trying to think like a small girl. "Lucy is a nice name and she has fur, so I will call her Lucy-fur."

...a house that her grandfather had never visited either.

In the same house electronic items would randomly turn themselves on...

In 1849:

West-Leigh-1849-Fortean-Times.jpg

A few decades later:

West-Leigh-Manchester-Fortean-Times.jpg

maximus otter

In 1849:

West-Leigh-1849-Fortean-Times.jpg

A few decades later:

West-Leigh-Manchester-Fortean-Times.jpg

maximus otter

These are amazing. Not seen these before. Plot 210 was the site of my Junior School that was built in the early 70s. 206 was where Tunnicliffe's Mill was that my grandma worked at for a while. It was torn down in the early to mid eighties. The four houses just below 205 still exist, as does Tunnicliffe's new row.

Thanks ever so much, I'm going to go through these with a fine tooth comb after work.

Mark ;0)

These are amazing. Not seen these before. Plot 210 was the site of my Junior School that was built in the early 70s. 206 was where Tunnicliffe's Mill was that my grandma worked at for a while. It was torn down in the early to mid eighties. The four houses just below 205 still exist, as does Tunnicliffe's new row.

Thanks ever so much, I'm going to go through these with a fine tooth comb after work.

Mark ;0)

You’re very welcome.

These maps - and a cornucopia of others - are available in searchable, digital format here:

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/

maximus otter

I'm a bit...nervous of ghost videos (maybe that's the point) since living alone in a house in a very quiet village... but. The thing that strikes me is that so many (of the ones I've seen, not necessarily the ones here which I don't want to watch because I have to sleep tonight) is that they suffer from the 'You've Been Framed' problem. The 'why the hell would anybody be videoing THAT (unless of course they knew that something was going to come round the corner/'fall' off their skateboard with hilarious consequences). So the ones I find most compelling are surveillance or security camera footage or where someone is filming something genuinely worth filming and catches something amusing (or ghostly) slightly off camera and out of focus. I'm fed up with videos of 'randomly filmed someone sitting in a chair, walking down the road etc' that subsequently reveals something paranormal (or funny), because I can't believe anyone would be running a video simply to film their friend sitting down. Or similar.

I'm a bit...nervous of ghost videos (maybe that's the point) since living alone in a house in a very quiet village... but. The thing that strikes me is that so many (of the ones I've seen, not necessarily the ones here which I don't want to watch because I have to sleep tonight) is that they suffer from the 'You've Been Framed' problem. The 'why the hell would anybody be videoing THAT (unless of course they knew that something was going to come round the corner/'fall' off their skateboard with hilarious consequences). So the ones I find most compelling are surveillance or security camera footage or where someone is filming something genuinely worth filming and catches something amusing (or ghostly) slightly off camera and out of focus. I'm fed up with videos of 'randomly filmed someone sitting in a chair, walking down the road etc' that subsequently reveals something paranormal (or funny), because I can't believe anyone would be running a video simply to film their friend sitting down. Or similar.

Yeah, very good point. When we're (Mr Zebra and I) are watching such videos, we almost always start off by asking ourselves "why are they filming this in the first place?"

When zoomed in it looks like it's palmetto fronds.

Tis a tricky one. At first glance I want to say it is simply paredolia (I can never spell that) but there is a curious light-green in the shape of the chap's shirt which doesn't necessarily match the other shades of green on the photograph.

Then again on further inspection, there is something of that same shade of green to the right of the 'man' (in-between the larger, darker fronds and approximately level with the 'close-up' text beside the photograph).

So from all my rambling I can conclude that it's pretty much as you said. Fronds.

Probably.

Isnt it a guy in a hat?
The people over at the GhostStudy/ Paranormal Soup forum call misidentification of living people as ghosts in photos and videos as possible 'fleshies' (which I'm a fan of because it saves time) and yes, it could be a 'fleshie' with a distorted face due to digital photography artefact reasons. The suggested face area in the close up is heavily distorted.

Steve writes, "Hi, I took this pic at Big Cypress Swamp in S. Florida. I didn't see it at the time, but my wife spotted it later when viewing on the computer. It appears in the center of the pic and looks to be a man in khakis wearing a hat. It was taken in the morning facing east with a Nikon p-500 camera on about November 15th 2015. It was mid morning and overcast."

The enhanced close up .. to me, the part that looks like a lighter shade of green T Shirt effect is clearly constructed of individual leaves bowing towards the viewer with light bouncing off them (unless the human or ghost is wearing a vertical black stripes shirt that is) .. the pink 'face' part is probably a background path on the floor ..

aswampman02.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a photo analyser, but this is not a great photo, so my first thought is illusion or a real person. One of those "we dont remember anyone else being around I bet it"s a ghost" issues.

For my 2 cents worth, my thought was "What a crap picture". lol Just what was the photographer trying to get a shot of if he didn't see the figure in the centre of a pic of only green fronds? It's like someone tripped and the camera went off.

My dad shot a pic of his crotch while trying to take a photo out the side window of his truck while on a trip to Alaska. My mom was driving and the truck hit a bump. I think it was the funniest pic of their whole trip.

Back