• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bats Drop Dead Across Israel, ‘Fulfilling Biblical Prophecy’

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Dozens of dead bats have fallen out of the sky in a region in Israel, in what some have bizarrely claimed is a biblical prophecy coming true.

Adi Moskowits noticed the lifeless creatures while walking through the Gan Leumi park in Ramat Gan on Saturday.

Another Facebook user said they had seen the dead bats in the city of Hadera – some 50km away from Gan Leumi park.

According to Breaking Israel News, a religious site that often use Bible verses to “explain” weird happenings, the incident is “a small example of a much larger phenomenon prophesied to appear at the end of days”.

They use Zephania 1:3 to support their beliefs, which read: “I will sweep away man and beast; I will sweep away the birds of the sky and the fish of the sea.

“I will make the wicked stumble and I will destroy mankind from the face of the Earth.”

Nora Lifshitz, founder of the Israeli Bat Society, told Breaking Israel News: “The phenomenon is extremely rare.”

She suggested the unusual incident may have happened as a result of the cold weather over the weekend.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/bats-mysteriously-drop-dead-across-21758516

maximus otter

According to Breaking Israel News, a religious site that often use Bible verses to “explain” weird happenings
I had to take a look at BIN, it's a pretty bonkers site. One of its main news categories is 'miracles' but sadly most of the news under that heading is about scientific advancements by Israeli scientists.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/

Dozens of dead bats have fallen out of the sky in a region in Israel, in what some have bizarrely claimed is a biblical prophecy coming true.

Adi Moskowits noticed the lifeless creatures while walking through the Gan Leumi park in Ramat Gan on Saturday.

Another Facebook user said they had seen the dead bats in the city of Hadera – some 50km away from Gan Leumi park.

According to Breaking Israel News, a religious site that often use Bible verses to “explain” weird happenings, the incident is “a small example of a much larger phenomenon prophesied to appear at the end of days”.

They use Zephania 1:3 to support their beliefs, which read: “I will sweep away man and beast; I will sweep away the birds of the sky and the fish of the sea.

“I will make the wicked stumble and I will destroy mankind from the face of the Earth.”

Nora Lifshitz, founder of the Israeli Bat Society, told Breaking Israel News: “The phenomenon is extremely rare.”

She suggested the unusual incident may have happened as a result of the cold weather over the weekend.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/bats-mysteriously-drop-dead-across-21758516

maximus otter
Waiting for the wicked to stumble..

Bats are mammals. Unless somebody finds a prophecy talking about "I will swept the mammals from the sky", I will remain unimpressed.

And, yes, I would credit the phenomenon to climatic twists that seem to be so usual recently.

To add a note, birds are still flying, quite undisturbed by the way, here in Paris.

Bats are mammals. Unless somebody finds a prophecy talking about "I will swept the mammals from the sky", I will remain unimpressed.

And, yes, I would credit the phenomenon to climatic twists that seem to be so usual recently.

To add a note, birds are still flying, quite undisturbed by the way, here in Paris.

To be fair they only had 4 classes of animals in those days. Man, beasts, fish and birds. So technically the bat is a flying beast. But try telling the bible that.

Is it potentially the white nose disease that has ravaged bat populations here in the US? More evidence would help.

Back