• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

But why is it actually NEEDED? Bear in mind the world is going to be quite different if this lock-down continues much longer. Or must we always have what is newer and faster? Same applies to HS2. Like the Concordes, much as I loved them, sometimes faster is not worth the downsides.

The big breakthrough here is not the bandwidth, it is the latency.

There is near instantaneous response over massive distance.

That means that autonomous vehicles can use 5G connectivity for crash control. That means that it can communicate with a base station while in an incident!

Remote surgery - the delicate finesse and nuance of a lifelong career developed skill transmitted across the world.

I've also seen a mine operated in the Australian outback where there is not a person within 2.5km of the actual mine face.

5G has enabled completely autonomous ports to operate in Europe and China.

The need is to be able to do more with less.

The four Ds: dangerous, dirty, distasteful, dull, can all be removed from human work with this technology.

The truth is that the killer apps for 5G have probably not been developed yet.

The best analogy is the laser. When it was invented, the laser was a solution in search of a problem.
Now, look at how lasers have revolutionised our lives, from entertainment to surgery and safety.

I am saying here, now, for posterity — 5G will do the same.

The 5G conspiracy hit New Zealand:

Coronavirus: Conspiracy between NZ lockdown and 5G rollout unravelled

A post shared hundreds of times on Facebook claimed the month-long virus lockdown in New Zealand was linked to the installation of 5G towers.

Amid New Zealand’s four-week COVID-19 lockdown, a social media post claims there is a link between the nation’s coronavirus response and the installation of 5G towers.
A Facebook post shows a screenshot of another social media post which begins with the comment: “Wow man check out this comment from lastnight (sic) about the 5G Towers going up around NZ during Lockdown!!! I Fkn knew it! We are locked until all the towers are done”. The featured comment, circled in red, reads, “My hubby’s mate just called him on Thursday to say he’d just counted about 10 (towers) going up in Wellington. He saw one of the workers that he knew so pulled over to ask him. He said, bro we signed a contract we are not allowed to discuss…but we’ve got four weeks to get these up!”

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...d/news-story/58124346d76cc62b34db0d8d213054be

My worry is that those people who used to do dangerous, dirty, distasteful or dull jobs will end up with no job at all.
Unlikely. New applications, new opportunities, new business models.

5G is actually really good for last mile, fixed wireless connectivity. It will probably get so small and cheap as to make high bandwidth available to more people than ever before at low prices, fostering new businesses.

The four Ds: dangerous, dirty, distasteful, dull, can all be removed from human work with this technology.

We've been told that ever since computers became cheap enough that people other than governments could afford them. In fact the dangerous and dirty remain, and the distasteful and dull have multiplied.

I don't believe 5G will make the slightest difference, just as 4G didn't. But if people stopped buying the newest latest largely pointless thing China would go broke. (Not blaming it on China - its not their fault the west has decided to outsource to them regardless of human rights etc.)

I've come across an interesting theory, that isn't so dramatic, but scarily plausible.

There is a virology centre in Wuhan, already carrying out research into wild bat viruses. What if a 'wild' virus simply escaped, á la the foot and mouth disease escaping from Pirbright MOD labs incident in 2007?

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...virus-escaped-from-a-lab-lacks-evidence-67229

The conspiracy is a collective denial and butt-covering by the Chinese state.

Are they actually installing 5G antennas in UK during the lockdown?
Yes.
A woman at work says her husband is currently engaged in 5G installations.

Will that also remove humans from work?

We've discussed that one a few times.

Because I'm too lazy to read the preceding 25 pages, what was the general opinion on this? I reckon it's pretty probable (but boring when compared to the usual conspiracy theories)

TIA :)

I don't like the censorship unless it's actually because someone is criminally inciting violence etc.
When it comes to beliefs, we're all grown ups and can believe what we like to.
If Icke wants to make ridiculous batshit crazy statements then let him, he's not hurting anyone, and sensible people will dismiss the nutty stuff he says, and tinfoil hat wearing nutcases will probably believe the stuff about the 5G masts, which is okay as long as they don't go out and do anything stupid like burning them down.
This is why I don't get the censorship. Leave Icke alone, and most people will carry on regarding him as a conspiracy nut.
Slap censorship on him and prosecute him, guess what? People will begin to listen to him.
I'm wondering if we're so badly in hock to China, that we are going along with a request to censor anybody who speaks out against 5G?
Yes... that makes yet another conspiracy theory!

Anony: It's difficult to say, since we don't know for sure if the outbreak began in the area of the wet market. There was a story with more details coming out of Taiwan, about a bat attack, but that might not be correct.

Anony: It's difficult to say, since we don't know for sure if the outbreak began in the area of the wet market. There was a story with more details coming out of Taiwan, about a bat attack, but that might not be correct.

Meanwhile, a man lying low in the Hubei countryside coughs and gazes at his Pangolin bride, forbidden love on the run as the world crumbles around them.

As regards the spying accusations, check your history. The US government has been caught doing it with such manufacturers as Cisco, 3Com and more. So valid concerns, but nothing new and easily dealt with.
I am well aware of the USA's intelligence uses of tech, but then, the USA invented the Internet in the first place, and Britain has a treaty obligation, and probably doesn't want to be spending the billions on signals intelligence that the USA does every year and shares with Britain. Nope, instead your government wants to share with China now and compromise the 5 Eyes Network, and the technology will barely be noticeably faster than the internet you are already getting, latency advances and all.

NOTE: Further discussion of Internet / Web history has been moved to:

The Internet: Its History & Our History Of Using It
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...et-its-history-our-history-of-using-it.61398/

Last edited by a moderator:
But why is it actually NEEDED? Bear in mind the world is going to be quite different if this lock-down continues much longer. Or must we always have what is newer and faster? Same applies to HS2. Like the Concordes, much as I loved them, sometimes faster is not worth the downsides.

What you should remember is that it's NOT about phones. It's about the move towards a fully integrated 5G world, total convenience - and you know there are plenty of people out there who will cum in their pants at the prospect that they needn't think about anything, that their 5G surroundings will think for them and deliver the goods accordingly. It's super, China is moving at full speed towards it all the time - and we all know how great it is to live in China, right?
This bloke lays it out in a pretty straightforward manner (and ignore the Trump labels, he features for mere seconds):

Hideously misguided article in today's Guardian arguing that it's "xenophobic" to blame China for Coronavirus.
It's apparently the West's championing of Chinese liberalism that encouraged a market for exotic animal consumption.
The CCP initially concealing the full enormity of the epidemic is also a "product of a western exceptionalism that believed viruses and epidemics only happen “over there”"
The Guardian also permits the usual swipe against Taiwan.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-pandemic-capitalist-globalisation-scapegoat

Hideously misguided article in today's Guardian arguing that it's "xenophobic" to blame China for Coronavirus.
It's apparently the West's championing of Chinese liberalism that encouraged a market for exotic animal consumption.
The CCP initially concealing the full enormity of the epidemic is also a "product of a western exceptionalism that believed viruses and epidemics only happen “over there”"

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-pandemic-capitalist-globalisation-scapegoat
Almost every article published by the Guardian is an opinion piece.

Good grief. I had to listen to my neighbour earlier on telling me that C19 is all about the 5G.
Everything. All 5G.
It's the radiation that gives you these symptoms, it's all being rushed into place while everyone is kept indoors, you only get one hour outside so that you can build up resistance, that's why planes aren't flying cos the signals mess with them, 5G first went live in Wuhan, then Italy, then Spain, etc etc etc.
I couldn't be bothered to argue with him.
I think what really makes me realise what a paranoid individual he is, is the fact that all the while he was telling me this he was waving around an unlit fat spliff of his usual extremely strong skunk.

Good grief. I had to listen to my neighbour earlier on telling me that C19 is all about the 5G.
Everything. All 5G.
It's the radiation that gives you these symptoms, it's all being rushed into place while everyone is kept indoors, you only get one hour outside so that you can build up resistance, that's why planes aren't flying cos the signals mess with them, 5G first went live in Wuhan, then Italy, then Spain, etc etc etc.
I couldn't be bothered to argue with him.
I think what really makes me realise what a paranoid individual he is, is the fact that all the while he was telling me this he was waving around an unlit fat spliff of his usual extremely strong skunk.
Yeah, it's almost like viruses don't exist. It's all 5G. :)

I don't doubt for a second that China covered up for as long as it could that the death and infection figures are lies but I've also seen it stated that for the virus to have taken hold, it must have multiple points of origin. Not sure how that works. China almost certainly has the lion's share of the blame here but all countries like point fingers.

Hideously misguided article in today's Guardian arguing that it's "xenophobic" to blame China for Coronavirus. It's apparently the West's championing of Chinese liberalism that encouraged a market for exotic animal consumption. The CCP initially concealing the full enormity of the epidemic is also a "product of a western exceptionalism that believed viruses and epidemics only happen “over there”" The Guardian also permits the usual swipe against Taiwan.
I agree with the Guardian. It is sort of racist to call Covid-19 the "China Virus". We should instead name it after the people who caused it, and call it the Chinese Communist Party Virus or "CCP Virus".

Or we go with Bat Out of Hell Virus.

Or we go with Bat Out of Hell Virus.
JOker KTBM.jpg

What you should remember is that it's NOT about phones. It's about the move towards a fully integrated 5G world, total convenience - and you know there are plenty of people out there who will cum in their pants at the prospect that they needn't think about anything, that their 5G surroundings will think for them and deliver the goods accordingly. It's super, China is moving at full speed towards it all the time - and we all know how great it is to live in China, right?
This bloke lays it out in a pretty straightforward manner (and ignore the Trump labels, he features for mere seconds):

That still doesn't answer the question. Is it NEEDED? I think not. We'd get on just fine without it. In fact rather better than with it. When I first heard about the Internet of things (from a close friend who was also a technology salesman, not a combination that usually happens to me) I thought - so what problem is this actually trying to solve? Do we really need our dish-washing machine to announce to some third party when it hasn't been regularly cleaned with the approved and no doubt highly expensive fluid? And that it will refuse to work until it has such treatment?

It's simply a way of selling us more crap.

It seems interesting that even during your lockdown, the roll-out of 5G continues. It hardly seems like essential work.

It seems interesting that even during your lockdown, the roll-out of 5G continues. It hardly seems like essential work.
It isn't. Which is what makes it so puzzling.

Utilities (generally) and telecommunications (specifically) are specifically cited in US federal guidelines as "essential" services / sectors.

Communications and Information Technology are two of the sectors identified by the US federal authorities as "critical infrastructure."

Given this context ...

What they're saying: The carriers insist it's business as usual for their 5G plans.
  • AT&T noted that federal guidelines have identified telecom workers as essential, and the company is on track with its plans to launch 5G nationwide before July. "We’re still marching down the path we’ve been talking about," AT&T's Scott Mair, president of technology & operations, told Axios.
  • T-Mobile and Verizon both said they are moving ahead with 5G build plans, with Verizon recently projecting that it will spend up to $500 million more on capital expenditures this year than originally anticipated.
  • "They’re just plugging along with the deployment schedules," said wireless analyst Roger Entner. "I think this crisis shows how important telecommunications is."

SOURCE: https://www.axios.com/5g-rollout-ad...oom-d7afad7d-18ef-4d81-8f84-3c5d59d285a1.html

I get that maintaining telecommunications is essential. Upgrading it, maybe less so. It doesn't seem like the time where you want downtime due to upgrades or compatibility issues.

Back