• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
As does werewolves, demons, space aliens, jesus and other mythological entities.
True, but they're all the same guy. You also missed El Chupacabra. He has an appetite for goat blood.

I have different reports about the night-time eyeshine characteristics of Bigfoots. Some people say gold, others say red. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

I have different reports about the night-time eyeshine characteristics of Bigfoots. Some people say gold, others say red. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Since you explicitly focused on nighttime sightings ...

The two reported colors may not be mutually exclusive. The gold may be indicative of light reflecting off gold-colored irises, whereas the red comes from the red-eye effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_effect

... which is unrelated to iris color.

NOTE: The red-eye effect is not limited to photographs. If an observer's vantage point is close enough to the strong spotlighting light source he / she can glimpse the red-eye effect.

Headlights or tail lights?
While remotely possible at great distances, I don't recall anyone mentioning the light from bigfoot's eyes lancing thru the shadows across the valley. Most people can tell the difference between car lights and animal eyeshine. Not all people perhaps (you can fool SOME of them ALL the time, after all), but most.

While remotely possible at great distances, I don't recall anyone mentioning the light from bigfoot's eyes lancing thru the shadows across the valley. Most people can tell the difference between car lights and animal eyeshine. Not all people perhaps (you can fool SOME of them ALL the time, after all), but most.

I was referring to the eyes reflecting headlights from the front, or if it was behind a vehicle, reflecting taillights.

I just came across this video on another website & thought I'd share it here.
With a running time of 18 minutes and assuming that Bigfoot is a real animal, it proposes an entirely new theory to the Patterson/Gimlin film and what the creature was doing in the moments before filming commenced and during the captured footage.
A crackpot theory? Sounds logical? There's no such thing as Bigfoot? Depends on which site of the fence you stand on...

The likelihood that such a person would be privy to real secret information, and would be able to gather it, weed out the right nonsense, and present a cogent argument is entirely nil.

Brian Blessed.jpg

FFS.. Because I clicked on the link, I got an email today from ebay inviting me to make an offer!

Also a bunch of other snack related items such as this abomination, a 'standing nun reading or hand holding' for the bargain price of £1230.

Rare Original Crunchy Cheetos Shaped Like Standing Nun Reading or Hand Holding

And this. Just the £32, 807.

Harambe Shaped Cheeto XXTRA Flamin Hot RARE/DELICIOUS

FFS.. Because I clicked on the link, I got an email today from ebay inviting me to make an offer!

Also a bunch of other snack related items such as this abomination, a 'standing nun reading or hand holding' for the bargain price of £1230.

Rare Original Crunchy Cheetos Shaped Like Standing Nun Reading or Hand Holding

And this. Just the £32, 807.

Harambe Shaped Cheeto XXTRA Flamin Hot RARE/DELICIOUS

Harambe reincarnated?

Battle Mountain has been a controversial one from the outset. Given it rests on one testimony, however detailed, and no evidence, the majority are sceptical but there's a hardcore of believers. Interestingly there was an upsurge in sightings immediately prior to Mt St Helens' eruption where the objects seemed to be moving away from the area, and the same has been observed before earthquakes.

There is plausibility in the creature/person defending his cave home, and being stalked from the woods is regularly reported.

But.

A large group firefighters run into a reputed Bigfoot, medical personnel show up and treat the person/creature, many of them are in its presence for up to three hours! None of the other personnel present comes out with a corroborating story; can you really imagine that many people keeping such an event a secret, even now with all the Bigfoot shows out there? None of them have a camera? None of them stash a souvenir like a clump of hair?
Then all evidence is conveniently destroyed immediately, in an active fire zone. And later no other potential witnesses are contacted despite them being the sole witness's co-workers, plus a familiar doctor and a local vet.

Yes, it sounds unlikley to me.

Just because someones a firefighter, doenst mean to say they wont tell a tall un.

( Doctor might keep patient confidentiality but I suspect a vet might share their experience in treating a rare animal?)

Google maps does not indicate Battle Mountain as the "typical" terrain for a Bigfoot, it's pretty barren compared to the Pacific northwest.

Battle Mountain is one of those tales that you desperately hope to be true but very probably isn't.

Back