• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

So many countries seem to have discounted the risk to care homes. It's the blot on Sweden's copybook that enables people to pretend their overall strategy was wrong. Undermining that is that Swedish politicians have owned up that they missed the vulnerability of care homes.

So different to our own dear arse lickers politicians.

I wonder what you have to do to move to Sweden, it being the nearest country to me that has behaved rationally.

Edit: As a bonus I believe Swedish is easier to learn than Welsh.
Norway might be the place to move to. Sweden has other problems.

Norway might be the place to move to. Sweden has other problems.
I've heard about the immigrant thing. I may be naive but it doesn't bother me. After all, I'm Christian and we believe in the same God. And I (and probably this will get me excommunicated) have trouble in believing the son of God is the same as God Himself. I'm the son of my father but I'm not him.

The way I have put it when discussing with Mohammedans is that Mohammed is their prophet, Jesus Christ is mine.

From the USA but probably could apply to Britain and elsewhere:

Are coronavirus lockdowns working?

If all the facts were known - It is 'possible' that by the time they started all the
quarantining, etc., It was already too late, too many people, many of whom were
asymptomatic, were already carrying it around - And had they been able to test
enough people fast enough, this would have been apparent.

My opinion - Without a vaccine, practicing social distancing, face masks,
and strengthening the body's immune system are all we have.

If you liked that video questioning the 'Lockdowns' - You might also like this one:

Big Tech censors dissent over coronavirus lockdowns

How long before any and all info questioning the establishment view is banned ???
Ready for the 'New World Order' ???

Can we change the title of this to the rightwing bullshit Covid-19 conspiracy thread as I don't see any leftwing bullshit stuff being posted?

This thread has turned into a conversation between 3 Daily Express readers and a bloke who thinks Baby Yoda is to blame.

You could make it into film - it just wouldn't be funny.

Can we change the title of this to the rightwing bullshit Covid-19 conspiracy thread as I don't see any leftwing bullshit stuff being posted?
Here are 2 types of bullshit:
:bs: :bs:
They look pretty much the same. What marks one out as left-wing, and the other as right-wing? I am unable to tell the difference.

Anything and everything should be questioned. Nothing should be beyond questioning.
Sure thing. But if you expect me to pay attention to your questioning you better show that you have a basic understanding of the issues and a rational data-based question. "I don't like it/ how what you are saying will affect me" and "it makes me feel unhappy/threatened/inadequate" and "I don't want you to be correct" does not count as basic understanding. Don't expect me to pay any attention at all.

Sure thing. But if you expect me to pay attention to your questioning you better show that you have a basic understanding of the issues and a rational data-based question. "I don't like it/ how what you are saying will affect me" and "it makes me feel unhappy/threatened/inadequate" and "I don't want you to be correct" does not count as basic understanding. Don't expect me to pay any attention at all.
I'm somewhere in the middle in my opinion on this.

1) Everyone has a right to question anything.
2) Everyone has the right to not pay attention to either the question or the answer.
3) If the issue is technical / scientific, then some relevant experience or understanding is required - unless the thing being questioned so defies 'common sense' that it is incumbent on the person advocating / ignoring the thing to explain it in layman's terms, even if necessarily the explanation is superficial.

In the topic at hand, no-one is in possession of the full facts, there are many contrary positions from relevant experts (and that includes many fields beyond epidemiology) So it is not unreasonable that people will ask questions that will annoy those who think they know the truth.

Anything and everything should be questioned. Nothing should be beyond questioning.

The Moon landings? Gravity? The deadly effects of smoking? The Holocaust? Questioning everything is a terrible way to live your life, and doesn't mean you're cleverer than everyone else, it just means you have a pathological aversion to being seen as gullible.

The Moon landings? Gravity? The deadly effects of smoking? The Holocaust? Questioning everything is a terrible way to live your life, and doesn't mean you're cleverer than everyone else, it just means you have a pathological aversion to being seen as gullible.
Questioning everything is what scientists do, surely? This is why science is constantly being updated.

Questioning everything is what scientists do, surely? This is why science is constantly being updated.

Yeah, but they don't start questioning everything, they question things that are worth questioning, like "How can we cure coronavirus?" They don't question the existence of dinosaurs, for instance, they build on the knowledge they have. We have moved on a long way from the Dark Ages, we're not starting from a position of deliberate, stubborn ignorance.

Yeah, but they don't start questioning everything, they question things that are worth questioning, like "How can we cure coronavirus?" They don't question the existence of dinosaurs, for instance, they build on the knowledge they have. We have moved on a long way from the Dark Ages, we're not starting from a position of deliberate, stubborn ignorance.
I wasn't actually suggesting that (common sense and so on), but hey...

I wasn't actually suggesting that (common sense and so on), but hey...

There wasn't much common sense in your blanket statement that "everything should be questioned". There's an inquisitive mind and then there's contrarianism for the sake of the ego. Sorry, don't mean to get on your case but I'm seeing this all over the 'net.

There wasn't much common sense in your blanket statement that "everything should be questioned". There's an inquisitive mind and then there's contrarianism for the sake of the ego. Sorry, don't mean to get on your case but I'm seeing this all over the 'net.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

By all means go ahead and question the existence of dinosaurs, but if you don't come up with a trivial answer you're wasting your time on self-importance-building. This is why I don't read any flat earth or no moon landing information. I don't know the arguments, I don't care what the arguments are, I don't have enough time in my life to waste. Just because a question is out there doesn't mean you shouldn't give it an internal filter check before taking your time to write and expecting someone else's time to read.

So what should be questioned about the current narrative as it plays out over
the Worldwide news media ???

We know that many, many thousands of people are dying, right?

Is it a fair to question to ask whether all of the people who are dying of Covid 19
are actually dying mainly from Covid 19 or are the corollary factors such as
age and secondary medical issues {ie. heart, kidney, or liver disease} the main
cause of death - Remember these other factors make ordinary influenza much
more deadly in those populations.

Is that a fair question? - How many people are directly almost exclusively
dying from Covid 19 ?

Was it a fair question to ask, as has been asked by many, whether the lockdowns,
quarantines, etc. have significantly affected the outcome of the pandemic?

Is it a fair question to ask if the total economic carnage caused by closing down
the World's economic system and essentially causing a worldwide depression
will not in the long run cause more death and misery than had they done it
differently? - Is this not a fair question?

And please don't give me this left wing, right wing BS
- These questions go far beyond any politics.

These questions are questioning the very survival of Civilization !!!

After all, I'm Christian and we believe in the same God. And I (and probably this will get me excommunicated) have trouble in believing the son of God is the same as God Himself. I'm the son of my father but I'm not him.
The way I have put it when discussing with Mohammedans is that Mohammed is their prophet, Jesus Christ is mine.

Jesus is a very important Islamic prophet , the penultimate before Mohammed. He's the person most referred to in the Koran, he is even the Islamic Messiah. One day he will descend to Earth to battle the "False Messiah" (Antichrist) and upon his victory, there will be peace and harmony on Earth. As he is actually seen as being a Muslim by them, thanks to his teachings of one single true faith, so all those who follow him and accept him as The Truth are actually Muslims too!
Like you, Muslims have problems with the claim of Jesus being God, or even Son of God (and the Koran even quotes him denying his Divinity). He was a Son of a Man.

This thread has turned into a conversation between 3 Daily Express readers and a bloke who thinks Baby Yoda is to blame.

You could make it into film - it just wouldn't be funny.

I've read a fair few opinions and remarks (not sure about articles) of left-leaners stating that they think Covid-19 is being allowed to run riot (it may have/have not been deliberately released) as it will get rid of the 'useless eaters' that rabid right-leaners tend to dislike: the underclass, disabled, mentally ill, the elderly poor, socially troubled families, petty criminals et al and that lockdown is an excuse to spy on us Big Brother stylee. And then TPTB will bring in eugenic enforcement to keep those not worthy of living from being born.

In fact both ends of the conspiracy spectrum are sounding fairly alike.

I could try and drag my Internet history for screenshots but I hope you'll take my word for it :)

I did come across this article which isn't batshit bullshit but does hint at the points I listed above https://www.theguardian.com/comment...9-but-as-an-immune-compromised-person-i-could

Last edited:

Is it a fair to question to ask whether all of the people who are dying of Covid 19

dying from Covid 19 ?

Was it a fair question to ask, as has been asked by many, whether the lockdowns,

Is it a fair question to ask if the total economic carnage caused by closing down

These questions are questioning the very survival of Civilization !!!

At the moment you are just perpetuating the scare campaigns of the Murdoch Media empire. I've no idea what it must be like to live in that sort of Chapel Perilous.

I've read a fair few opinions and remarks (not sure about articles) of left-leaners stating that they think Covid-19 is being allowed to run riot (it may have/have not been deliberately released) as it will get rid of the 'useless eaters' that rabid right-leaners tend to dislike: the underclass, disabled, mentally ill, the elderly poor, socially troubled families, petty criminals et al and that lockdown is an excuse to spy on us Big Brother stylee. And then TPTB will bring in eugenic enforcement to keep those not worthy of living from being born.

In fact both ends of the conspiracy spectrum are sounding fairly alike.

I could try and drag my Internet history for screenshots but I hope you'll take my word for it :)

I did come across this article which isn't batshit bullshit but does hint at the points I listed above https://www.theguardian.com/comment...9-but-as-an-immune-compromised-person-i-could

Personally I've found the drive to end lockdowns, minimize the virus has predominately come from the right wing I can't see how anyone could see it any other way. The Uk and more particularly the US did their best to sweep it under the carpet at the beginning.

I would be interested in links if you have any as I've not encountered much left-wing lunacy and I'm trying to read a mix of papers from both sides, (although I think the paywalls are pretty disgusting during times like these).

'What are we doing this for?': Doctors are fed up with conspiracies ravaging ERs
"I left work and I felt so deflated," one doctor said about an effort to counter misinformation he saw on Facebook. "I let it get to me."
At the end of another long shift treating coronavirus patients, Dr. Hadi Halazun opened his Facebook page to find a man insisting to him that "no one's dying" and that the coronavirus is "fake news" drummed up by the news media.

Hadi tried to engage and explain his firsthand experience with the virus. In reply, another user insinuated that he wasn't a real doctor, saying pictures from his profile showing him at concerts and music festivals proved it.

"I told them: 'I am a real doctor. There are 200 people in my hospital's ICU,'" said Halazun, a cardiologist in New York. "And they said, 'Give me your credentials.' I engaged with them, and they kicked me off their wall."
Halazun has since stopped engaging with the trolls on Facebook, some of whom claimed that "the hospitals are empty" and that the virus was part of a plot to vaccinate or microchip U.S. citizens — just two of the many conspiracy theories that have swirled around the coronavirus.

But he was still left with big questions: How can people believe this stuff? And do they understand the algorithms and opportunistic extremists that led them to believe it?

"It scares me more than anything that there are people who are basically controlled — and in the same way they feel they're fighting against that control," he said. "They go to YouTube, where they're really being controlled, and they don't realize it. That's what's scary."
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...rs-are-fed-conspiracies-ravaging-ers-n1201446

This is what I am experiencing it's exhausting.
It's even more exhausting to question the validity of an agenda driven narrative
- to question if the narrative is as factual as some would have you believe
- Is it all fact based? - Do some of those driving the narrative have other motivations
that are not as benign as they would have us believe?

The narrative here had turned into the right to question
- a few agreed on this right and then some started questioning the nature of
what can be questioned - So I tried to sharpen the questions on this pandemic
this way:

"

dying from Covid 19 ?

These questions are questioning the very survival of Civilization !!! "

But no one has the courage to answer???

And you apparently want to disregard it completely and yes,
turn it into a political debate - Sure people on the right and left will do that.

Just admit that you have decided all the agenda driven news is correct;
everything they are doing is correct and no one really has any right to
question it - And if they do question it it is because they have an agenda

That is the Orwellian World of 'Double Speak', or was it 'Double Think" ?

Sometimes called "The New World Order" by conspiracy buffs.

Interestingly, coming on in a few minutes on CBS {US}:

"Pandemic Politics; Amazon; Ghost Guns"
New, 5/10/2020, Season 52 / Episode 33 , Investigative, Interview, News, Topical
Scott Pelly discusses how the scientific community has been hindered by politics to conduct the necessary research to find a COVID-19 vaccine;............."

Apparently using politics is not only disingenuous and counterproductive
- It is jeopardizing lives.

And don't tell me CBS is part of the Murdoch empire - I don't give a dam if it is!

Last edited:
Back