• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
You sure about this ?

I mean, it was a launch from Florida.
It was visible in the southeast as it flew over the UK at 10.15 pm, I was lucky enough to see it.

Attachments

• received_789469401583396.jpeg
    received_789469401583396.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 10
Well, I went out at about the right time to see it last night.
There was a little bit of thin wispy cloud but not too bad.
Finally I think I could see it and I tried to get a pic of it, but it was difficult with my shaky camera hand.
See below - the pic doesn't really do justice to what I could see with 'the naked eye'.

spaceX button moon.png

Actually the landing on a drone ship happens within a very short time frame, somewhere in the region of 10 - 15 seconds from being about 100ft above the pad, down safe, engines off, smoke blows away. Check this film.

This si the sort of shot I wanted to see from yesterday. You can't tell me that the only camera on the landing was on the ship? Hundreds of millions of dollars in developing it and they only put one camera on it? Surely more must come out today.

Yeah I used to have a car like that, 19 hours for 250 miles! It’s not just a case of getting up they have to match the orbit of the ISS.
I know. They're synching up slowly, taking extra care. So far, the capsule has performed well.

Cos a lot of countries on our longitude are still on GMT.

Well yes, but the BBC is primarily for British viewers, so I was a little surprised they didn't use current British time.

Here's a snap of the final approach from 2 mins ago - always struck me as odd that you cannot see stars in space!

space.JPG

Well yes, but the BBC is primarily for British viewers, so I was a little surprised they didn't use current British time.

Here's a snap of the final approach from 2 mins ago - always struck me as odd that you cannot see stars in space!

View attachment 26753
It’s daylight so to see things properly that you are interested in the stars are too dim. When they are massively over exposing the shot so we can see the exhaust plumes there are one or two very bright stars that just show up.

Just heard ground control tell the astronauts "sunset in 8 minutes".

Will look to see if the stars become visible.

They've docked!

I sure I saw it at 1.30pm today going over the same route as yesterday.

"Blimey has someone shit themselves?"
"Yep, both of us!"

This is not the first time I have watched space docking.

I suspect it is harder than the real thing.

This si the sort of shot I wanted to see from yesterday. You can't tell me that the only camera on the landing was on the ship? Hundreds of millions of dollars in developing it and they only put one camera on it? Surely more must come out today.

Well, I'm sure it must happen like that but the video of it landing on a floating platform at sea and not over balancing and collapsing into the water...!? Must be the calmest waters.

What happens next it just floats back to shore with nobody there fixing it in place? Or a bigger boat comes in and picks it up?

Here's the landing of the booster rocket from another angle. The video which was live shows only the rocket had landed already because of a fall out of the signal and has created conspiracy theories about hoaxing.

Back