• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

An Arsenal fan who I used to drink with, and who is a similar age to myself, had two daughters, called Charlotte and Georgina. He named them after Charlie George, his favourite player in his formative years.

Can remember Charlie George being popular back in the day. Wasn't a footy fan but heard about him because the tabloids were still trying to wring mileage out of the very serious issue of Men With Long Hair.

As George had scandalously long floppy dark hair he was all over the tabs.
As I recall, his manager wasn't having any of it and closed the issue with a remark that his players' coiffures didn't matter because 'They don't play with their hair.'

Don't know what's wrong with those guys. I play with my hair all the time.
Anyway . . .
asked if I had anything they could turn into weapons - she mentioned fireworks and petrol. I apologised and said I'd used all of mine last week.
I bet you used your dream petrol for improvised hand sanitizer.

Had a dream that I was teaching myself to play Everclear's "Santa Monica" on my axe, but I was using tablature for 7 Mary 3's "Cumbersome".

What's stranger is that I had somehow open-tuned my guitar so that I only needed to use double-stops instead of power chords.

I'm sure a psychologist would have loads to say about that.

Had to look him up, sorry.

aha.jpg

I dreamt I had got a new job, something to do with taxi cabs but I can't remember what. The offices were in a big stately home style building [stately homes feature a lot in dreams] In my dream my colleagues all acted nice when the boss was there but changed when the boss was away. They kept running away from me when I needed assistance and then changing the layout of the office round when I wasn't looking so I would keep getting lost but deny doing so, basically gaslighting me Eventually a man in a beefeater costume saw my upset and came to my rescue.

My husband has been having weirder dreams because of the virus. Elaborate ones, which he remembers well enough to recount them to me.
I still don't remember dreams well, just fragments. The latest was that I was in a house with several lovely pocket doors.

I dream vividly most nights but the last two nights both had a similar theme.

Last night I dreamt there was a boy who, instead of having eyes, had a narrow horizontal slit all the the way through his head, which was partly made of wood, so I could see all the way through; he was waiting for an eye transplant. I was also explaining the Corona virus to my father-in-law who died a few years ago.

The night before I was talking to somebody who had no left eye and I could see the inside of his skull through it. No idea what this all means...

I dream vividly most nights but the last two nights both had a similar theme.

Last night I dreamt there was a boy who, instead of having eyes, had a narrow horizontal slit all the the way through his head, which was partly made of wood, so I could see all the way through; he was waiting for an eye transplant. I was also explaining the Corona virus to my father-in-law who died a few years ago.

The night before I was talking to somebody who had no left eye and I could see the inside of his skull through it. No idea what this all means...

Did you by chance see this thread I posted 2 days ago? ...

Man Gets Prosthetic Face (Mark Tatum; "The Man Without A Face")
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-face-mark-tatum-the-man-without-a-face.2164/

The features you mention match the features of his disfigurement.

Did you by chance see this thread I posted 2 days ago? ...

Man Gets Prosthetic Face (Mark Tatum; "The Man Without A Face")
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-face-mark-tatum-the-man-without-a-face.2164/

The features you mention match the features of his disfigurement.
Yup, I bet that's it.
A year or so ago I had a dream about visiting a newborn baby born perfectly healthily but with its head separate from its body.

This was probably set off by seeing photos of babies' faces held in their fathers' hands.
Dunno why that would cause the dream but our subconscious is a weird place.

A neighbour of ours called her DAUGHTER Charlie. The mother was at least 30 so old enough to know better.

'Charlie' was an upmarket sophisticated perfume advertised in the 70's for "working" women. Still sold by Revlon I believe.

'Charlie' was an upmarket sophisticated perfume advertised in the 70's for "working" women. Still sold by Revlon I believe.

Short for Charlotte? Apart from the obvious "harlot" rhyme which she is likely to sincerely thank her parents for in later life, a not bad name for a girl

Best dream in the last few days involved a woman I actually did have a relationship with in the early 1990's; I was 28, she'd just turned 40. (hell, if she's been spared she'd be 70 this year - I'm getting old...) Just as we were back then; cuddled up on the bed, feeling close and happy, appreciating the intimacy. A nice dream.

Yup, I do believe that's where the name came from. It's definitely 'Charlie' and not 'Charlotte.

Can remember Charlie George being popular back in the day. Wasn't a footy fan but heard about him because the tabloids were still trying to wring mileage out of the very serious issue of Men With Long Hair.

As George had scandalously long floppy dark hair he was all over the tabs.
As I recall, his manager wasn't having any of it and closed the issue with a remark that his players' coiffures didn't matter because 'They don't play with their hair.'
Being a Millwall Supporter I may have got away with Harriet for my first daughter but how the hell do you turn Cripps into a girls name for No. 2 daughter.CED324D0-0E3A-4EC4-8126-24E14C32BA19.jpeg

Cripps - almost an anagram for Priscilla, or at least the first five letters of

Playing with anagrams, Crispiana or Cypriana? Cypress(a) or similar?

Last edited:
I dreamt I was going to a recording session at a studio with some buddies. When I got there it transpired it'd turned into a half-arsed miming-to-backing-track video session instead. Big blocks of hash also featured.

We were in the main studio room setting up all the gear & when I went to get my strat which I'd left in an adjoining room I was distraught to find it'd vanished & someone had simply walked off with it.

It was a relief to wake up from that one.

Not mine, but my mum dreamt last night that she was being chased round her room by a giant multi-coloured letter E. I am sure I have read on somewhere on this forum about someone having a similar dream but about the letter J. Anyone recall it?

I've had a busy and slightly frantic week at work and other stuff has arisen. I've been dreaming but the dreams have evaporated quickly. Today I have the day off and it's as though my dreaming self knew I had the luxury of not having to get up early, because my imagination threw up an entire backstory - almost an 'alternative history', rather like that experienced by cottonsocks.

I was watching an old news clip on TV, of the sort trotted out to illustrate 'the bad old days', with my youngest daughter and her partner. We were watching film of a university campus, big modern accommodation in tower flats built with blocks of primary colour (much as they are now), but the campus was surrounded by an enormous wire fence. Twelve or more feet high, built of rigid wire with tubing top and bottom to keep the wire taut. I was explaining to my daughter and her partner that that was how all universities had been, back in the day. And I believed it! My mind instantly was full of pictures of IRA bombs being thrown into university campuses, or terrorist attacks being aimed at universities, and enormous security measures being necessary to keep students safe.

My dreaming mind had conjured a complete alternate history for Britain, which must have taken place last century, as my daughter didn't remember it and she and her partner are both in their twenties.

This may be linked to the current book I am writing, which is about an alternate history for Britain, but this features vampires and zombies and there's no need for huge security measures like the ones I dreamed. The most interesting thing about it was the way my mind had 'filled in the gaps' from seeing a film about a university surrounded by a wire fence to creating a whole backstory that made the fence necessary.

Being a Millwall Supporter I may have got away with Harriet for my first daughter but how the hell do you turn Cripps into a girls name for No. 2 daughter.View attachment 26803
I suspect my grandkids if they ever happen, will have names like Virgil (Virgilia?), Trent (Trentina?) or Jurgen Norbert... Maybe Robbo.

ETA to make this relevant: the othe rnight I was woke up by a dream so horrible I couldn't stay asleep. I was being stabbed. My last words were a sarcastic "What? What?" because my murderer's explanation (which I don't remember) was something I was sceptical about... and I remember nothing else about it. Just that it woke me up. That's the second time in my life I've dreamed I was being stabbed to death. When I woke my heart was pounding out of my chest but luckily I knew straight away it was only a dream.

Last night. I had things to figure out concerning somebody I last had contact with, in bad circumstances. In the dream it was one of those pitch black nights that somehow feels "primal", as if there's more out there than just darkness. I found myself in a garden, lying on top of a hedge staring the black night full in the face and being unafraid. And the hedge, a trimmed and topiaried thing, felt comfortable and nurturing. I thought this was odd - wouldn't have thought it, I expected twigs and branches poking me in the back, but none of this. Just comfort and support while I faced down ancient black night. (The person I was trying to figure out was somebody I knew at university who I parted with in bad circumstances. Elsewhere I've spoken about this and cast her as "The Girl". Recently looked her up on Facebook: yesterday I was a bit consternated that after my first look at her account, she's now changed the privacy settings so that only the absolute barest minimum of information is publicly visible... I know that is unlikely to be down to me, (there's no way of monitoring exactly who visits your FB home page?) people do change their settings on FB for many possible reasons, but you can't help but wonder!)

So in the dream I am staring up into the dark starless night sky and somehow gaining strength from this: I remember an Army instructor from many years ago passing by, thought he was going to order me back into barracks or something, but he just smiled approvingly and walked on. Got the feeling he approved...

Second dream - was about sixteen again, with a girl I wanted to get closer to. Some sort of day trip from school or college. This girl very friendly,very sweet, asked if I wouldn't mind paying her bus fare for her on this trip. Wanting her to think well of me I agreed; then as I paid the driver for two of us, this other boy turned up and she started using real emotional blackmail on me to get me to pay his fare as well. Bus driver looked at me expectantly and hinted I was holding everything up. So I paid for this other guy as well - really resented doing this - and sure enough once she'd got what she wanted out of me they went off together upstairs. Felt used and furious and angry. The dream ended on my deciding to go and find them upstairs on the bus and shout at them and have it out - seriously angry and thinking "It ends here."

Funnily enough, when I went to bed I'd been a bit anxious and dejected over the person on FB who'd changed her privacy settings in between my first and second look at her account, wondering, however irrationally, if she'd done this to exclude me (our paths had crossed tangentially on a UEA-related discussion page where we both have a right to be). Also been a bit sad and moody that so long after the event, she might have felt a need to do this. Felt a bit more depressed over this than I rationally should have been.

Woke up, all the anxiety and depression and sadness had gone, and I genuinely didn't give a shit any more about long-gone events that have recently resurfaced, as if something had worked out in the dream. The thought was "I can't control how you may or may not have responded to me after so long. If you felt you had to do that because we both cropped up on the same group of which we are both members, and you saw my name there, and you got alarmed about it, then that's your choice, and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Have a nice life, we're done, if I was honest it was all done thirty years ago. So, goodbye, S------. " (Edited - was tempted to use the lady's full real name, but you have to be responsible, so she's now an S and six dashes... )

Nice and liberating.

Last edited:
Last night: out jogging, of all the damn stupid out of character things. In the dream I was in my twenties, possibly. Jogging along a high crest of land near a river; then slipping down asmoothly tarmacced or stone-covered slope, for about twenty or thirty feet to where three women were doing an archaeological dig by the riverside. They were bringing up artefacts which had been buried in the ground near the riverside: abstract creations in weathered bronze and other metals and were excited at what they were finding.

Last edited:
I think this morning's dream was an anxiety thing, and also triggered by reading the "Dreaming of the Dead" thread! I was in my kitchen, and I had added something ammonia-based to my dishwasher cycle, as a result of which there was bright yellow foam leaking out of the machine, and my white enamel roaster was the colour of daffodils. I discovered that the yellow coating could be washed off, so I was carefully wiping round the lid of the roaster with a tea towel, the door of the dishwasher open, when my late mum came in and stepped carefully through the foam on the floor to get to the sink. She was followed by my still-with-us dad, who said he was watching where he was going, but I could see his footprints in the yellow foam, and I told him not to move because he'd walk it out of the kitchen and into the carpet, and then I'd have to get the vax out...

We are in the process of putting our house on the market and had it immaculate yesterday for the estate agents to come and do the video tour, so there's the anxiety about having to keep the floors clean. Why I was putting some ammonia product into my dishwasher in the first place is another matter.

Odd dream last night. I was living in a large new apartment with some friends. But it seemed to be simultaneously located in London and Dublin. I was also performing some secretarial duties for Queen Elizabeth II but one night I got drunk, slept in and lost the job.

I'm having very vivid dreams at the moment (and I'm rather glad its not just me!)

My father passed away on Thursday morning, on Wednesday night I dreamt of an old man walking into a forest and disappearing. I dont know it thats a sign from my father, or just another vivid Corona dream.

I'm having very vivid dreams at the moment (and I'm rather glad its not just me!)

My father passed away on Thursday morning, on Wednesday night I dreamt of an old man walking into a forest and disappearing. I dont know it thats a sign from my father, or just another vivid Corona dream.

My condolences on your loss, take care.

Back