• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Newspaper Articles Regarding Charles Fort

Can't view the newspaper articles without a subscription.
As I have the option to share an article link, this is unexpected and I have asked for clarification.

The free trial is maybe worth considering?

It's a fabulous resource.

Thanks for posting that page; it downloaded for me without any problem. I love to see articles in their contemporary setting and that page contains riches galore, including odd facts as fillers and a startlingly grim and emotive account of euthanasia in Paris! :oops:

Thanks for posting that page; it downloaded for me without any problem. I love to see articles in their contemporary setting and that page contains riches galore, including odd facts as fillers and a startlingly grim and emotive account of euthanasia in Paris! :oops:
As this seems a solution and (in esponse to an enquiry), I have received these instructions directly from newspapers.com - no copyright issues - maybe alright to highlight some further related, formative insights?

Presumably, most will be revealed for the first time in aeons.

Absolutely agree with publishing any article in the conext of its time and this actually helps here.

If I upload the full page containing a relevant article, it's easier than trying to select and isolate content which often isn't continuous and last part jumps to the end of another column, etc.

Another fascinating discovery, is a contemporary, 1920 review of, 'The Book of the Damned'.

Attachments

• New_York_Tribune_Sat__Jan_17__1920_.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Was Ben Hecht the first Fortean?

"Henceforth, I am a Fortean I believe".

This is an advert from the New York Herald, 15 February, 1920 (52k 600x522):

Screenshot_20200611_230530_resize_29.jpg

If this remans unproblematic... enjoy. :)

Attachments

• The_New_World_Tue__Jun_1__1920_ (1).pdf
    381.5 KB · Views: 41
I will upload one of these historical articles at a time...

Attachments

• The_Index_Journal_Sun__Feb_8__1920_ (1) (1).pdf
    651.5 KB · Views: 53
Last upload for now....

Attachments

• Buffalo_Morning_Express_and_Illustrated_Buffalo_Express_Sun__Mar_28__1920_ (1).pdf
    550.3 KB · Views: 22
Brilliant work, thanks for sharing all these!
Indubitably welcome, it's a wonderful perspective and the least I could contribute here in return. :)

It's the genesis of why we are all here in the first place!

Plus, I now get to use 'indubitably' and can score that of my, 'bucket list'.

Great stuff! Wonderful to see it sandwiched between Farm Management and Western novels, while much of the page is given over to volumes debating the so-recent Great War! :)
I have empaty with this - tending to spend as much time reading other fascinating articles, on the same page!

The first, 'Fortean Society'?

My fellow, "disciples"... :bpals:

Attachments

• clipping_53384020 (1).pdf
    152.7 KB · Views: 22
For reasons unbeknownst, on 27 July, 2000 the Courier-News, Bridgewater, New Jersey, published a full page feature re Charles Fort. :)

This one is crazy!

Attachments

• The_Courier_News_Thu__Jul_27__2000_ (1).pdf
    445.3 KB · Views: 27
Furthermore, from, 'The Brooklyn Citizen', 8 June, 1932 and again file size compressed by 90%, whilst seemingly still readable.

This will be the last of Charles Fort related contributions, unearthed within newspaper archives.

Aside from the eternal trepidation an attachment may be too large, I can't see what else need be said and hopefully they were of interest. :)

The_Brooklyn_Citizen_Wed__Jun_8__1932__compress73.jpg

Back