• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
...been unable to locate any similar reports in research subjects taking other psychedelics. Only with DMT do people meet up with "them," with other beings in a nonmaterial world. ..

Many people do it every night, when they are asleep and dreaming.

Trippers do not have a monopoly on the weird.

INT21.

While DMT users apparently see the 'self-replicating machine elves' at high dosages, Ayahuasca users (one of the active ingredients is DMT) supposedly see jaguars and other South American jungle imagery no matter where in the world they take it.

...been unable to locate any similar reports in research subjects taking other psychedelics. Only with DMT do people meet up with "them," with other beings in a nonmaterial world. ..

Many people do it every night, when they are asleep and dreaming.

Trippers do not have a monopoly on the weird.

INT21.
No I find the whole DMT thing interesting as dreams mostly are just a mist mash....but I don't thing I would take DMT unless it's legal and in a can like CBD/THC drinks ;)....if its from the ground its sound.

No I find the whole DMT thing interesting as dreams mostly are just a mist mash....but I don't thing I would take DMT unless it's legal and in a can like CBD/THC drinks ;)....if its from the ground its sound.
DMT works as an active ingredient in stuff like Ayahuasca and can also be found in many species of acacia. Because of the Various other chemicals in the plants the effects will be quite different and much longer-lasting than pure DMT.

As max says, the 'if it's natural, it can't be harmful' argument falls down pretty quickly as soon as you consider ... Basically any poison. Nature can be deadly.

That was interesting...takes me back to the days (1990) when I read McKenna's books....(also familiar with Strassman and Pinchbeck.)
I spent a few years in college (1969) investigating altered states...no dmt,,, just lsd, psilocybin, mescaline...I never saw any entities.
But I have a friend who did try dmt about 15 years ago....he said it was very interesting but didn't claim to meet any 'aliens'.
Perhaps it depends on one's expectations and state of mind.
All I can be bothered with these days is a good glass of Bourbon....preferably Blanton's. ;)

From the Wikipedia page on DMT - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine#Endogenous_DMT

A 2013 study found DMT in microdialysate obtained from a rat's pineal gland, providing evidence of endogenous DMT in the mammalian brain.[96] In 2019 experiments showed that the rat brain is capable of synthesizing and releasing DMT. These results raise the possibility that this phenomenon may occur similarly in human brains.[107]

Could spontaneous production of this substance in the Human brain be a factor behind Tales of Gibbering Insanity?

This is more commonly cited as either A) we're on DMT when we dream or B) DMT is released when we die (perhaps explaining NDEs). I don't think either claim has been backed up by evidence to date. I remember reading about 'necronauts' in FT in the nineties, folks trying to take voyages to the brink of death and report back what they saw. IIRC they used ketamine and possibly DMT.

When you take the first hit it's so powerful that you don't feel the need for any more, McKenna was sure that you had to break through by taking a third hit, and then you get to a weird space he felt it was underground, like a dome underground and then you meet the so called Machine Elves. When I did it years ago I was so shocked by how intense it was I felt another puff was pure madness. But I felt there were indeed 'things' waiting for me but they needed me to take more so they could use the drug as a method to appear, like a spring board to manifestation, that's really the feeling I got.

Interesting stuff but I have zero desire to repeat the experiment, these things seem more interesting when you're younger!

"these things seem more interesting when you're younger! "

Exactly right. I don't even fancy trying the 'shrooms ever again!

When you take the first hit it's so powerful that you don't feel the need for any more, McKenna was sure that you had to break through by taking a third hit, and then you get to a weird space he felt it was underground, like a dome underground and then you meet the so called Machine Elves. When I did it years ago I was so shocked by how intense it was I felt another puff was pure madness. But I felt there were indeed 'things' waiting for me but they needed me to take more so they could use the drug as a method to appear, like a spring board to manifestation, that's really the feeling I got.

Interesting stuff but I have zero desire to repeat the experiment, these things seem more interesting when you're younger!

You are spot on. I'm guessing the feeling of being invulnerable plays a big part of it.

I would advise against using this substance from a psychopharmacological perspective.

This excerpt of a classic Terrence McKenna talk is highly recommended for those interested in the subject. And it's not one of those annoying YouTube videos with Public Domain type ambient sounds over his voice.

q3zatcS4Raw
Link leads to a private video on YouTube. Logging in does not reveal whether the video can be accessed. No alternative site / source for this video ID found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an article claiming DMT entities are racist ... I don't know if this is serious or a parody ... it is weird anyway.

https://afru.com/dmt-entities-beings-racist/

One possible explanation for racist incidents while taking DMT is that the occurrence of racist DMT entities isn’t merely accidental or coincidental. Considering the Latinx origin of DMT and ayahuasca, it’s not completely outside the realm of possibility that these racist entities are extensions of conflicts happening in the everyday realm; a sort of “spiritual turf war” going on between the Black and Latinx community.

This is the inevitable and direct result of white supremacy. We can definitively say this because it’s something that happens not only in the realm of the spiritual, but also the realm of the physical. White men take all of the resources and land, leaving the Latinx and Black community to fight amongst themselves for the scraps. Ideally, both groups would band together to fight against their oppressor, but that’s not the case as long as the waters are muddied and we all fight each other.

Here's an article claiming DMT entities are racist ... I don't know if this is serious or a parody ... it is weird anyway.

https://afru.com/dmt-entities-beings-racist/

One possible explanation for racist incidents while taking DMT is that the occurrence of racist DMT entities isn’t merely accidental or coincidental. Considering the Latinx origin of DMT and ayahuasca, it’s not completely outside the realm of possibility that these racist entities are extensions of conflicts happening in the everyday realm; a sort of “spiritual turf war” going on between the Black and Latinx community.

This is the inevitable and direct result of white supremacy. We can definitively say this because it’s something that happens not only in the realm of the spiritual, but also the realm of the physical. White men take all of the resources and land, leaving the Latinx and Black community to fight amongst themselves for the scraps. Ideally, both groups would band together to fight against their oppressor, but that’s not the case as long as the waters are muddied and we all fight each other.
Must be because these entities are the imagination of those using the drug.

Here's an article claiming DMT entities are racist ... I don't know if this is serious or a parody ...

One of many gems from the article:

Ayahuasca is a natural plant that naturally grows in nature (just like marijuana), meaning it’s safe.

The article is a parody--as are others there.

Whether the whole site is clickbait or whether they're not overly fussy about getting trolled is another issue.

More importantly, we do not host debates (that's considerable aggrandisement) on 'Wokeism' here--perceived or otherwise.

Edit: Because members ignored my guidance, I have removed the whole tangent on wokeism, Asians, sharks, and the weaknesses of younger generations.

This is a discussion is about the DMT experience. Links with political and social movements and will have to be made explicit; it is not an invitation to bore on about snowflakes.

It's Christmas time, which is why two of you don't have another warning for your collections.

Please, this might stray off topic and I want to keep this interesting thread alive. Maybe I should not have started this discussion. let's get back to trip reports and entities. Reddit does not disappoint:

Hello everyone,
all this happened few minutes ago. I had a number of breakthroughs, but this time i wanted a chilling trip, nothing too extraordinary, therefore i rolled a changa joint. I have never breakthrough'ed smoking changa in this form, so i was expecting some changes in my perception, definitely not ego death. Then im halfway through this joint and the feeling is so overwhelming this time that i threw it away, and managed only to sit on the closest chair. What im feeling next is slowly coming back from hyperspace, now the weird part is im like "hugged" by this feminine being. The energy felt VERY sexual, i could sense my prostate being touched by that being, like she had her hand under my balls. It was hard to be comfortable with it, but i wasn't sensing fear, more like WTF DID JUST HAPPEN. My first thought was my consciousness being straight up kidnapped from the body. Felt little bit like a cosmic rape. I guess it could've been worse, but still unsettling. Anyone experienced something similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder whether the "DMT entities" might not be semi-autonomous parts of our subconscious mind, sort of like (computer) daemons.

If that's true, then their typically friendly demeanor could be explained easily by their being part of us. On the other hand, it a might be bad idea to strike up a distracting conversation with the part of the mind that handles breathing, for example, or balance.

Must be because these entities are the imagination of those using the drug.

If our reality is a controlled hallucination as neuroscience tells us, why should the DMT experience be less valid than our everyday reality?

Back