• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

Yes, that's why I posted it.

I've seen several filmed from windows opposite the WTC, but never one so close.
It's probably the best (and most revealing) footage so far. Wonder why it was taken down?

It was interesting that when he went back to his apartment 2 weeks later, he had to be let in by the landlord as the FBI had broken into all the flats in the building looking for the flight black boxes, then sealed them up afterwards.

The apartment was trashed, windows broken & debris everywhere. He picks up a random paper document with a date on it. The date is his birthday.

It was interesting that when he went back to his apartment 2 weeks later, he had to be let in by the landlord as the FBI had broken into all the flats in the building looking for the flight black boxes, then sealed them up afterwards.

The apartment was trashed, windows broken & debris everywhere. He picks up a random paper document with a date on it. The date is his birthday.

Even more suspicious. Why were they checking the flats for the black boxes? Surely they were in the towers or nearby in the debris.

Because I'm a ******* ninja-detective beast, it's here.

NSFW language--excusably.

He's no cameraman, but he has the common-sense to leave when the police advised (look at the state it left his apartment in).

I read earlier down this thread that some were lamenting that the rather excellent on the ground documentary filmed by the French Naudet Brothers - 9/11 had been removed from YouTube. For anyone interested, it's been back for a while and worth watching as it contains footage (only one of three known) of the first aircraft hitting the North Tower (Tower 1).

Why wasn't one single black box recovered from any of the crashes on 9/11? Also, was any wreckage found at any of the crash sites?

https://www.quora.com/Why-wasnt-one...-any-wreckage-found-at-any-of-the-crash-sites

If you read on it seems they were. Although I doubt they found them in people’s flats.
Hey, is anyone in this discussion clear about the events of 9/11? An expanse of lower Manhattan, my home, were a pile of smoking, melted toxic-dust-covered rubble hiding bodies. Yes of course wreckage that hadn't burned into molecules was found, and was as I remember piled separately in the hangars where they were sorting through looking for body parts. Very small body parts. The black boxes could have ended up anywhere, dismembered and/or melted. They could also have been, battered and discolored, in the many many cubic yards of rubble cleared by the bulldozers, or thrown clear. Of course the FBI looked for them far and wide, and at the same time looked for evidence that someone related was using the apartment to observe. I certainly hope that they did. At least it made them feel useful,. As for the person who filmed the towers coming down and what happened to the film on you tube, anyone who watched those events suffered from some level of PTSD. Hell, even those of us who listened on the radio, as the announcers were breaking down. Doesn't surprise me that at some point he decided to try to forget and take it down, and later decided to re-post. Get some grip on the nature of this event.

Why wasn't one single black box recovered from any of the crashes on 9/11? ...

There were 4 crash sites on 9/11. Black boxes were recovered from the Pennsylvania and Pentagon sites - the two sites that weren't subjected to prolonged intense fire and then ground to bits as over 100 stories collapsed from the top down.

Why wasn't one single black box recovered from any of the crashes on 9/11? Also, was any wreckage found at any of the crash sites?

https://www.quora.com/Why-wasnt-one...-any-wreckage-found-at-any-of-the-crash-sites

If you read on it seems they were. Although I doubt they found them in people’s flats.

Two enormous buildings collapsed after two large planes flew into them, with, as you point out, a smaller, though still very large building also collapsing. There would have been thousands of tons of rubble and enormous forces exerted. It's not unreasonable that partso of things ended up in adjacent buildings.

i found this photo whilst looking for something totally different, as you do. Indicates that there was opposition to the building of the WTC in the first place - the previous tenants on the site were subject to compuslory purchase and eviction, looks like it might have been a small neighbourhood on the lines of those bits of East End London whose areas were "gentrified" and "improved" - that is, improved and upgraded for everybody except the people who used to live in them up until the improvement took place... this is another of those evocative photos of a time and a place long gone, of what there was before the WTC - late 1960's to early 1970's?

1592568170468.png

Last edited:
going back to the theme of my previous post - what was there before the WTC and what is the backstory?

Apparently two whole Manhattan neighbourhoods, or maybe even in this context neighborhoods, lost a long fight and ceased to exist. "Radio Row" (interesting that the photo in the previous post is taken outside Scar's Radio and Television). And a district called Little Syria that had housed a lot of New York's Arab community since the 1880's (although this had been dwindling and dying in this location since before WW2 - the evictions needed to clear the area to build the WTC was its last gasp). The fight was over by August 1966, and on August 6th, work began on digging up the roads in the 13 blocks of Manhattan that were going to cease to exist.

but... strange it should have been an area of NYC which once had a large Arab population that was cleared to make way for the WTC, with some controversy and lingering rancour. Maybe that "multifaith centre" which includes the controversial mosque is coming full circle!

The last dying breaths of Little Syria

Apparently Spike Lee's new HBO documentary series on the tragedy goes full 9/11 truther:
News story

Or it did, it appears now somebody's had a word and he's hastily re-editing it. Yeah, that'll stop the conspiracy, I'm sure! Oh Spike, sometimes it's so difficult to appreciate you. And not just because of the stupid name you gave the doc.

As we are days away from the 20th anniversary of September 11, I saw for the first time today this snippet of footage showing a young woman's reaction to the collapse of the first World Trade Tower.
As this thread is 46 pages long, forgive me if this has been posted before and please remove if so.
If not, be prepared to be haunted as she realises the severity of the situation.

Worth watching.

9/11 Attacks in Real Time​

From the YouTube Channel:

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED This is a real time compilation of the 9/11 attacks on the United States made up of both news coverage and amateur videos, spanning a 110 minute period between 8:46 am and 10:36 am (EST) on September 11, 2001. The video and audio switch to the most informative and relevant sources, audio switches indicated by a green flash around the source. The combination of the different sources, all in real time, provides a birds-eye view that allows immersion, serving to more accurately convey the raw emotion and terror witnessed on this day. I put together this compilation to preserve the true reality of 9/11 as faithfully as I could, and to create a valuable resource for anyone interested in the events. It is important that 9/11 not be forgotten. I have included every video I could match to an exact time. Some footage that could not be matched to an exact time has not been included, and footage may exist that is not included here. Tiny differences in sync may be present as it is difficult to keep everything in sync over nearly two hours, but I have tried my best to keep it simultaneous.

A video from BitChute, seemingly showing there were no airplanes involved in the attack.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/DLsf6O4iBtcP/
It's possible that from the viewing angle of the witnesses, they could not see the planes approaching.
As far as I can recall, I watched it happen in realtime via a webcam feed. I missed the first plane hitting, but there was a long gap between the 2 planes hitting. In the time available, to successfully apply CGI back in 2001 would have required a near-instantaneous CGI rendering capability, which (AFAIK) was not available back then.

I'm sensitive on this subject. My software was used in the NY Coroner's Office to help track and identify the victims, and the then head of IT had me flown out on the first public London/NY service to help get the effort off the ground. Staff working for the company of which I was then Technical Director were intimately concerned in the effort to identify victims, for more than two years, (including a gentleman called Naeem, a Muslim) and I had several visits myself. Another person who I had introduced to the situation, a UK based independent consultant in my product, was awarded an MBE.

The night after I arrived NYC was eerie and distressing. I passed a fire station (can't quite remember the correct US term) where every single fireman had died. it was surrounded by candles and tributes and was one of the most affecting things I've seen in my life.

I have no doubt about the official narrative for the events of the day, although there is legitimate grounds to question how the terrorists were able to succeed.

Edit: Just thought to check my old passport. It was Sep. 20th I arrived. I actually saw Tony Blair being ferried off the plane in front of us.

Last edited:
I'm sensitive on this subject. My software was used in the NY Coroner's Office to help track and identify the victims, and the then head of IT had me flown out on the first public London/NY service to help get the effort off the ground. Staff working for the company of which I was then Technical Director were intimately concerned in the effort to identify victims, for more than two years, (including a gentleman called Naeem, a Muslim) and I had several visits myself. Another person who I had introduced to the situation, a UK based independent consultant in my product, was awarded an MBE.

The night after I arrived NYC was eerie and distressing. I passed a fire station (can't quite remember the correct US term) where every single fireman had died. it was surrounded by candles and tributes and was one of the most affecting things I've seen in my life.

I have no doubt about the official narrative for the events of the day, although there is legitimate grounds to question how the terrorists were able to succeed.

Edit: Just thought to check my old passport. It was Sep. 20th I arrived. I actually saw Tony Blair being ferried off the plane in front of us.
My folks and brother flew out to the US on Sept 10th, they were in Vegas on the 11th and the whole place locked down by the afternoon

It's possible that from the viewing angle of the witnesses, they could not see the planes approaching.
As far as I can recall, I watched it happen in realtime via a webcam feed. I missed the first plane hitting, but there was a long gap between the 2 planes hitting. In the time available, to successfully apply CGI back in 2001 would have required a near-instantaneous CGI rendering capability, which (AFAIK) was not available back then.
Perhaps the CGI was made before hand then added to the tv footage.

Back