• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Poltergeists

We put a picture up on the wall when we moved in using double-sided fixing tape. We used the same process on this picture in our old apartment and it held up for six years. Here, it fell off the wall within two days.
Results may vary--it could be an issue with the different state of the wall surfaces. The paint on the wall in your new place might not have been as clean, the paint itself might have some chemical component that weakens the adhesive power of the tape, there might be more moisture, or less moisture, more heat, less heat, many things could affect it. That would also explain why the other picture fell down as well.

maybe a contraction or expansion noise? nothing would seem out of place...
No, it wasn't like that. It was like something fell against something else.

By coincidence, I also heard a metallic bang earlier today in the kitchen. Went to look - nothing out of place.
Normally I can spot something amiss straight away.
Check the cupboards and your canned goods. I had that happen one time and discovered a tin of peaches I really should have either eaten or disposed of had decided to deform and explode, leaking fermented syrup everywhere. Random metallic bangs that have no immediate explanation need extra investigation as a rule.

Check the cupboards and your canned goods. I had that happen one time and discovered a tin of peaches I really should have either eaten or disposed of had decided to deform and explode, leaking fermented syrup everywhere. Random metallic bangs that have no immediate explanation need extra investigation as a rule.
Good call. I'll have a look.

Saw a picture on a car forum yesterday of the result of the sudden failure of a hydraulic suspension component on a car. The explosion had torn through the front wing - it looked exactly as though a large calibre round had blown through the panel from the inside. The garage couldn't even bend back the torn shreds of the hole to flatten it again. Exploding metal can do a lot of damage.

Last night we could hear a muffled tapping sound. It went on for 15 minutes or so. Didn't seem dangerous so we went to bed, and the house was still standing when we got up.

The noise was like when a big dog wags its tail against a sofa, like a soft irregular thump thump thump - thump thump - thump - thump thump thump

Last night we could hear a muffled tapping sound. It went on for 15 minutes or so. Didn't seem dangerous so we went to bed, and the house was still standing when we got up.

The noise was like when a big dog wags its tail against a sofa, like a soft irregular thump thump thump - thump thump - thump - thump thump thump
People next door getting jiggy?

People next door getting jiggy?

Quite possible! Neighbours one side are trying to start a family. The other side are both shift workers and go to bed early so they might be making the most of their late evenings together.

My husband seems to cause paranormal events wherever he lives. We suspect something follows him and then causes other things to happen. When we had our first flat together we used to get loud banging on the windows. My husband told me it was birds flying into the window, but these were internal windows, in an enclosed balcony! Definitely wasn't the windows on the external wall. He hadn't told me anything about the stuff which happens around him and it wasn't until I saw (glimpsed) a woman standing in the doorway of the flat that he told me about it. His brother, father and friends have independently corroborated the strange events which have always happened around him.

In fact, that's why I joined here, to see if other people had experienced similar and , guess what, they have!

In our old house, when my oldest son was a teenager, things used to happen all the time and it was quite scary, particularly for the boys, they would not go into our room because they said they could see things flying about in there. Over several nights I just kept saying to whatever it was to go away as it was scaring us. Anyway, just before our neighbours moved, we asked them, tentatively, if they had experienced anything strange in their house. They said that they were moving because they were no longer happy in the house as it had felt like something dark and oppressive had come over them and despite havng the house blessed, they felt unable to live there any longer. The feeling of oppression started in the April of the year before, coinciding with when I had been trying to mentally banish what ever it was that was causing the weird things to happen.

We have often had things happen in our current house; things disappearing and found in unusual places, or where you have already looked. We experience noises, strange draughts, the smell of a roast lamb dinner cooking and the odd glimpses of shadows, sounds of people moving about when no-one is there etc.

When we first moved here, I saw an an ill looking man standing at the window (old, very thin,tall, balding man,with a large nose, wearing beige chinos with a maroon coloured baggy cardigan) and he 'said' (gave me the impression?) that he was waiting for his wife to come home and what were we doing in his house? These events become more frequent when we have disruption happening in the house, such as decorating or when my oldest son came back to live with us. It was worse when each of the boys got into their teens for a time. I often say when I think the red cardigan man is about that 'we live here now. When you lived here, you tried to make this a comfortable home and we are doing the same'. It makes me feel better anyway.

One of the weirdest events was hearing what sounded like a small herd of dogs coming up the stairs when I was with my youngest son in his room reading a bed time story. We checked the stairs and nothing was there. My eldest was downstairs and couldn't have got down and back on his PC in so quick a time, so wasn't a practical joke. Later on we found a framed photo in the loft of 3 Cavalier Spaniels - I wonder if we heard an echo of them? We have heard this a couple of times since, but it is faded compared to the first time.

Another thing we have heard is the noise of the gate in our previous house opening and closing with a bang - the noise came from where in our old house the gate would be, to the right of the front window, but no gate exists in the current house.

We've been doing some work on the house in the last few weeks and some odd things have happened. Husband was working on the walls above the kitchen cupboards when he felt something invisible kind of 'wrap' round him and he couldn't actually move without a lot of effort. He carried on trying to sand down the wall but kept almost dropping the sander. He also felt strange and when he tried to explain to me what happened, he couldn't really describe it, or remember it, just the wrapping round part. He was scared, but because he has had so many weird things happen to him all his life he just carried on trying to do what he was doing. My husband remembered what I used to say and repeated this about us living here now and trying to make a nice home and he was 'let go' and able to carry on. The bangs on the windows has also started up again. I will keep you posted if anything else happens.

My husband seems to cause paranormal events wherever he lives. We suspect something follows him and then causes other things to happen. When we had our first flat together we used to get loud banging on the windows. My husband told me it was birds flying into the window, but these were internal windows, in an enclosed balcony! Definitely wasn't the windows on the external wall. He hadn't told me anything about the stuff which happens around him and it wasn't until I saw (glimpsed) a woman standing in the doorway of the flat that he told me about it. His brother, father and friends have independently corroborated the strange events which have always happened around him.

In fact, that's why I joined here, to see if other people had experienced similar and , guess what, they have!

In our old house, when my oldest son was a teenager, things used to happen all the time and it was quite scary, particularly for the boys, they would not go into our room because they said they could see things flying about in there. Over several nights I just kept saying to whatever it was to go away as it was scaring us. Anyway, just before our neighbours moved, we asked them, tentatively, if they had experienced anything strange in their house. They said that they were moving because they were no longer happy in the house as it had felt like something dark and oppressive had come over them and despite havng the house blessed, they felt unable to live there any longer. The feeling of oppression started in the April of the year before, coinciding with when I had been trying to mentally banish what ever it was that was causing the weird things to happen.

We have often had things happen in our current house; things disappearing and found in unusual places, or where you have already looked. We experience noises, strange draughts, the smell of a roast lamb dinner cooking and the odd glimpses of shadows, sounds of people moving about when no-one is there etc.

When we first moved here, I saw an an ill looking man standing at the window (old, very thin,tall, balding man,with a large nose, wearing beige chinos with a maroon coloured baggy cardigan) and he 'said' (gave me the impression?) that he was waiting for his wife to come home and what were we doing in his house? These events become more frequent when we have disruption happening in the house, such as decorating or when my oldest son came back to live with us. It was worse when each of the boys got into their teens for a time. I often say when I think the red cardigan man is about that 'we live here now. When you lived here, you tried to make this a comfortable home and we are doing the same'. It makes me feel better anyway.

One of the weirdest events was hearing what sounded like a small herd of dogs coming up the stairs when I was with my youngest son in his room reading a bed time story. We checked the stairs and nothing was there. My eldest was downstairs and couldn't have got down and back on his PC in so quick a time, so wasn't a practical joke. Later on we found a framed photo in the loft of 3 Cavalier Spaniels - I wonder if we heard an echo of them? We have heard this a couple of times since, but it is faded compared to the first time.

Another thing we have heard is the noise of the gate in our previous house opening and closing with a bang - the noise came from where in our old house the gate would be, to the right of the front window, but no gate exists in the current house.

We've been doing some work on the house in the last few weeks and some odd things have happened. Husband was working on the walls above the kitchen cupboards when he felt something invisible kind of 'wrap' round him and he couldn't actually move without a lot of effort. He carried on trying to sand down the wall but kept almost dropping the sander. He also felt strange and when he tried to explain to me what happened, he couldn't really describe it, or remember it, just the wrapping round part. He was scared, but because he has had so many weird things happen to him all his life he just carried on trying to do what he was doing. My husband remembered what I used to say and repeated this about us living here now and trying to make a nice home and he was 'let go' and able to carry on. The bangs on the windows has also started up again. I will keep you posted if anything else happens.

Good post worth a closer read when I have time.

An update, we've had more pictures off the wall, I'm willing to go with it being the double-sided tape not being sufficiently strong enough or a different type of paint on the walls here... We will see when I finally get around to nailing things up to the wall.

However, last night my wife had an experience that shook her up and she usually nonsenses my concerns.

It is super hot here and so during the night she was struggling to sleep. Suddenly she heard a loud metallic crash, thinking it was a metal door sign that had previously fallen, this one was very securely stuck, she went to check only to see that I had not yet bothered to put that one up on the wall again.

We have a door that separates the bedroom and bathroom from the rest of the house which we systematically close at night, this was wide open and looking into the dining room a soft drink can which had been left on the table was lying on the floor.

Now we did have a window open in the living room, but with French window shutters closed, so there theoretically could have been a gust of wind that somehow got through the shutters, travelled across the room and turned a corner down into the dining room... but it was a very humid, close night, not much air circulation.

Small things, but now she is starting to get on board with the idea that there is some residual presence not happy with us being here.

Good morning all.Wow good stories.
Never experienced poltergeist activity myself but my little sister was the cause of something.
After I moved out of the family home my mum told me that stuff was getting a bit weird.She was starting secondary school and our parents were not getting on and I had left.I still saw her regularly and she was okay with that.
But I think home life was bad for a while. Used to frighten her other two brothers to death

Hi eponastill she would come and watch tv with them and the channel’s would change not a lot and not all the time.
Then there was the time my younger brother was looking after her/father at work and mother shopping they were both upstairs at the time .Now the old man was a bit of a pillock and used to have the sliding bolts on all the internal doors but always at the top of the door.So they both come down stairs at the same time ALL the doors are bolted so they shout and bang on said doors no answer.But they can see a shadow?? in the kitchen from under the gap of door thinking it was my other brother they start cussing him out .Shadow disappears.They were stuck there till there mother comes home and opened the locked back door and let them out :oops:

Uptake of the story is the bolts were removed and when the old man started whinging about it my mum said what if there had been a fire so maybe that is one of the few stories of polts where some good came out of it.
There was one more thing happened apparently I wasn’t there witness it my brothers shared a bedroom and had a large old electric fire in there.they woke up one morning and it was on top of their chest of drawers.When they went to bed it was against the wall plugged in to the wall socket

An update, we've had more pictures off the wall, I'm willing to go with it being the double-sided tape not being sufficiently strong enough or a different type of paint on the walls here... We will see when I finally get around to nailing things up to the wall.

However, last night my wife had an experience that shook her up and she usually nonsenses my concerns.

It is super hot here and so during the night she was struggling to sleep. Suddenly she heard a loud metallic crash, thinking it was a metal door sign that had previously fallen, this one was very securely stuck, she went to check only to see that I had not yet bothered to put that one up on the wall again.

We have a door that separates the bedroom and bathroom from the rest of the house which we systematically close at night, this was wide open and looking into the dining room a soft drink can which had been left on the table was lying on the floor.

Now we did have a window open in the living room, but with French window shutters closed, so there theoretically could have been a gust of wind that somehow got through the shutters, travelled across the room and turned a corner down into the dining room... but it was a very humid, close night, not much air circulation.

Small things, but now she is starting to get on board with the idea that there is some residual presence not happy with us being here.
Maybe the can of drink expanded in the heat, making its base bulge a bit - sufficient to make it fall over?

Uptake of the story is the bolts were removed and when the old man started whinging about it my mum said what if there had been a fire so maybe that is one of the few stories of polts where some good came out of it.
There was one more thing happened apparently I wasn’t there witness it my brothers shared a bedroom and had a large old electric fire in there.they woke up one morning and it was on top of their chest of drawers.When they went to bed it was against the wall plugged in to the wall socket
Maybe it was a ghost or polt that actually cared about their safety? Sending a message?

So what do you guys think is going on?

When he's asleep, check your husband's hairline for birthmarks, if there is a 666 birthmark, you may have a problem. If it is a 999 birthmark, not so much.

So what do you guys think is going on?

We suspect something follows him and then causes other things to happen. He finds it hard to explain, especially because this phenomenon has faded as he has become older, but he has always seen / had the impression of a female entity being with him constantly

When he was very young, up until his twenties he could see her by him, but she gradually became more 'distant' (his words) until she now seems like a 'memory' or ' very distant'. His friends used to ask him where she was, he would indicate and a loud bang would come from where he said she was. This would understandably freak everyone out - his family confirmed to me that he had always said this person was present and his friends and family have confirmed the banging when he indicated where she was.

Wherever he has lived, strange things have always happened and this has been confirmed to me by people who know him and experienced these things.

I admit when we were first together and I heard about this, that I nagged him into telling me a few times where 'the lady' was by concentrating very hard and bangs did happen. But they were apparently much louder and more violent when he was younger. He was and is very reluctant to do this now. He also won't talk very often about the phenomena which still happens occasionally now (described above), for fear it will start up again. It does seem to start up a bit if we talk about it.

There is much more to this, but the above would 'out' him to anyone who has known him a long time, but he has agreed to me giving this much detail, as he wonders if anyone else has experienced a similar 'entity' with them at all times.

I wish when he had been younger he could have seen a scientist who could have studied this. But that wouldn't be the kind of thing you'd want to put a kid through, I sure.

Let's take a step back and let you explain your place first off.

No! That's an Antipodean Antichrist!
Exactly my point. There can be no anti-Christ from the Antipodes, because all the angels and devils in Australia were killed off by the spiders and snakes, and except for the fact that some of the spiders and snakes demand worship if you want them to let you live, there are no gods per-se, ergo an antipodean anti-christ has no higher power to fight or lower power to call upon.

Last edited:
Something even more bizarre has happened today, if it is polt activity it is at the mischievous stage.

My glasses have been broken for a few months but being in lockdown I have lived with it. Finally been out to the opticians to get some new ones. They arrived today so I gathered up my broken ones to put them away, absentmindedly I tried popping the arm back on just to keep them neat.

I then noticed the arm was on upside down, so went to switch it around and then realised that didn't fit that way, it couldn't be affixed as it was effectively two right arms rather than a right and left...

I have owned these glasses and worn them daily for over two years until they broke. As they are now, it is physically impossible to wear them.

The only possible thing I can think of as a logical answer is that the left arm once broke and I still had the old arm lying about and in the move this one has got jumbled up with the broken right arm. I don't remember the other arm ever being replaced.

Beyond that possibility... I am just baffled. It would be physically impossible to wear as they are, it is quite frankly two right arms. Yet I have worn these glasses for the past two years...

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_172712.jpg
    IMG_20200706_172712.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 16
That is fucking weird. Pardon my language but it really is. Certainly, looking at my own glasses, there's no way the right arm could fix on and act as a left, and it totally looks like you have two arms exactly the same.

It's a prime "trade-in" according to Mary Rose Barrington's 'Jott' theory (link below)! But bordering on the extreme end. I mean if this has genuinely happened (and you've been here a long time, I'm not thinking you would lie... promise you're not lying :) then it is mind boggling. You never had two pairs of those glasses did you? We have to ask you know.
https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/j...-relocate-and-why-it-really-happens-mary-rose

(Expect the glasses and the photo to disappear once the matrix-glitch fixers find out).

Something even more bizarre has happened today, if it is polt activity it is at the mischievous stage.

My glasses have been broken for a few months but being in lockdown I have lived with it. Finally been out to the opticians to get some new ones. They arrived today so I gathered up my broken ones to put them away, absentmindedly I tried popping the arm back on just to keep them neat.

I then noticed the arm was on upside down, so went to switch it around and then realised that didn't fit that way, it couldn't be affixed as it was effectively two right arms rather than a right and left...

I have owned these glasses and worn them daily for over two years until they broke. As they are now, it is physically impossible to wear them.

The only possible thing I can think of as a logical answer is that the left arm once broke and I still had the old arm lying about and in the move this one has got jumbled up with the broken right arm. I don't remember the other arm ever being replaced.

Beyond that possibility... I am just baffled. It would be physically impossible to wear as they are, it is quite frankly two right arms. Yet I have worn these glasses for the past two years...
Have you thought about setting up a camera or two? .. one on the paintings once you've hung them with nails instead would be a good start ..

Back