• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
You are assuming that Party A and Party C have a modicum of foresight and perception. One assumes that all these characters are completely devoid of those characteristics, otherwise they would steer well clear of the situations which are now being brought to light. The likes of Epstein and his ilk always underestimate the probability of being exposed.
I would argue that whatever one might say about pedophiles, they generally have a modicum of understanding about how to avoid detection, and that requires a measure of common sense and tactics. Ultimately they are a very vulnerable group, being among the most hated of all criminals, and that means they need to be cunning.

I would argue that whatever one might say about pedophiles, they generally have a modicum of understanding about how to avoid detection, and that requires a measure of common sense and tactics. Ultimately they are a very vulnerable group, being among the most hated of all criminals, and that means they need to be cunning.

Yup, and they all do roughly the same things. They don't learn this behaviour from the Peedo Correspondence School, it's instinctive.

So they do several of the following - look for a vulnerable victim, act friendly, isolate the victim, give gifts, incite minor misbehaviour, make the victim believe they've compromised themselves, blackmail the victim into participating in more serious acts, threaten the victim or their family with violence, threaten the victim with exposure to their elders, intimidate the victim into introducing others to the abuser, and so on.

The slyness and avoidance of detection shows that paedophila is not a sickness. They know it's illegal and they don't want to get caught.

Just watched the 15:00 news.

One reporter on Sky referred to Ghislaine Maxwell as "Gillan".

She was born in France to a French mother and has a French name, which should be pronounced as "jizz-len".

Just switched back to the Grand Prix and heard Renault (I.e. "Ruh-no") pronounced as "rennow".

The mispronounciation that makes me cringe the most though has to be French town and football club Auxerre (which should be pronounces as "orks-air") mangled into something on Sky Sports like "oh-zair".

OK. rant over.

Just watched the 15:00 news.

One reporter on Sky referred to Ghislaine Maxwell as "Gillan".

She was born in France to a French mother and has a French name, which should be pronounced as "jizz-len".

Just switched back to the Grand Prix and heard Renault (I.e. "Ruh-no") pronounced as "rennow".

The mispronounciation that makes me cringe the most though has to be French town and football club Auxerre (which should be pronounces as "orks-air") mangled into something on Sky Sports like "oh-zair".

OK. rant over.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/LL-Q150_(fra)-Jules78120-Auxerre.wav

Here you go.

The 'British' pronunciation is basically rhymes with 'Elaine'

Gih-LANE.

She grew up in Oxford and was at Marlborough and Balliol; chances are she uses the Anglicised version.

Edit: as heard here:

As for Renault, there is no acute accent on the e, so it has to have a "uh" sound, rather than an "eh".
I have to say, that guy in the video pronounces Peugeot wrongly!
So that may cast doubt on his pronunciation of Renault.

Looks like the repercussions are rippling outward...

From Auntie Beeb...
Deutsche Bank faces $150m fine for Jeffrey Epstein ties

Deutsche Bank has been hit with a $150m (£120m) fine for failing to properly monitor its relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

New York state regulators said the bank had suffered "significant compliance failures", processing hundreds of transactions for the late financier.

Those included payments to Russian models and $800,000 in "suspicious" cash withdrawals.

Deutsche said it "deeply" regretted its relationship with Epstein.

Yep - people seem continually surprised that high office and intelligence (and honesty sometimes) don't always go hand in hand. We see this continually in modern times.
Prince Andrew doesn't hold 'high office' for his honesty etc. but for his family position in society. A society which keeps denying the importance of class and tradition while at the same time insisting that class and tradition are important values to uphold in these modern times. Why else would the very rich still crawl to and entertain minor members of the aristocracy?* Because that to the majority of the 'common folk' (which has been conditioned to accept a posh accent and a certain blood line qualifies them as superior) being a Prince glosses over exactly what he is - a fat, privileged middle-aged, rich businessman.

The point of blackmail material is NOT to publish it because after that it's no good as a threat.
Though publishing may be a strategy used to frighten the next victim if the outcome is bad enough.
Exactly. Pour encourager les autres. Bring down the smaller target to threaten the bigger one.

Like paying an 'out of court settlement' doesn't legally admit to actual guilt (yeah, we all know many cases of that particular nonsense), paying a blackmailer doesn't necessarily admit to wrong-doing.
As seen in the wonderful The Naked Truth, if the blackmailer's 'bluff' is called then all they have to say is "well, if I admit to blackmailing you then I'll admit to all!" And all other victims will fight tooth and nail for the first one to have the courage to 'blow the gaffe' be silenced. A blackmailer on the scale of Epstein has set up a web of contacts and influences, as he set up a web of sexual victims for his own 'jollies'. It's a classic case of the exercise of power - "If I go down, I'll take you with me. So you'd better make sure I don't go down, eh?"

* It must be noted that while some royal families have fallen out of public favour (thanks to human rights abuses etc.), they retain influence thanks to their control of national wealth. The UK Royal Family have retained influence thanks to their irrelevance - they're squeaky clean (in the global market) because whatever peccadilloes are revealed are nothing in the "pervert/corruption" stakes. They are not courted due to their influence in UK politics, they are courted due to their 'innocence' and good reputation. Essentially, poisonous shits like Epstein would pander to Prince Edward to make himself look good.

I'm not convinced about this. The violent pedo teacher I came up against thought itself very clever and cunning, but it's tactics were so transparent to anyone who had a modicum of insight it would have been laughable if the matter was not so serious. What is so serious is the fact that Authorities much prefer to cover up these issues than tackle them which is what they tried to do in my case, albeit I made the final outcome for them very painful indeed.

I'm not convinced about this. The violent pedo teacher I came up against thought itself very clever and cunning, but it's tactics were so transparent to anyone who had a modicum of insight it would have been laughable if the matter was not so serious. What is so serious is the fact that Authorities much prefer to cover up these issues than tackle them which is what they tried to do in my case, albeit I made the final outcome for them very painful indeed.
Yeah fair enough. People are all different, even pedophiles. They get all colors of hell in jail unless they can get protective custody. There is also not much of a life for them after jail. Humanity doesn't have much patience with those who prey on the young of the species, not even criminals. Being someone who morally outrages other criminals...hmmm... not wise.

Looks like the repercussions are rippling outward...

From Auntie Beeb...
Deutsche Bank faces $150m fine for Jeffrey Epstein ties

Deutsche Bank has been hit with a $150m (£120m) fine for failing to properly monitor its relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

New York state regulators said the bank had suffered "significant compliance failures", processing hundreds of transactions for the late financier.

Those included payments to Russian models and $800,000 in "suspicious" cash withdrawals.

Deutsche said it "deeply" regretted its relationship with Epstein.
...and in other news, people who sold groceries to Jeffrey Epstein get fined for doing so...

...and in other news, people who sold groceries to Jeffrey Epstein get fined for doing so...
Yep it's pathetic. Banks are supposed to keep a watchful eye on money movements but Epstein goes "undiscovered". Yet I was virtually interrogated and was asked to show my passport for having £2000 in my PayPal account despite the fact that my PayPal account was years old. Needless to say I refused .Paying a few thousand into my ordinary bank account I was interrogated by some 18 year old bank clerk - the account was some 50 plus years old. One rule for some obviously.
I suspect there will be many more revelations to come, despite interested parties attempts at cover ups.

The Guardian asks "who hasn't been seen with Ghislaine "Call me Gillan" Maxwell?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jul/08/ghislaine-maxwell-celebrities-instagram

Apparently she's rubbed shoulders with the Clintons, the Trumps, Piers Morgan, Elon Musk, Naomi Campbell, Michael Caine, Kevin Spacey and several members of the British Royal Family - including princess Diana.

OK, so Lady Di's probably not too concerned now, but I wonder how many other celebs out there may be getting a bit hot under the collar about what her with the stupidly pronounced first name might reveal when she gets into plea-bargaining territory?

The Guardian asks "who hasn't been seen with Ghislaine "Call me Gillan" Maxwell?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jul/08/ghislaine-maxwell-celebrities-instagram

Apparently she's rubbed shoulders with the Clintons, the Trumps, Piers Morgan, Elon Musk, Naomi Campbell, Michael Caine, Kevin Spacey and several members of the British Royal Family - including princess Diana.

OK, so Lady Di's probably not too concerned now, but I wonder how many other celebs out there may be getting a bit hot under the collar about what her with the stupidly pronounced first name might reveal when she gets into plea-bargaining territory?
I wonder why Steve Bing took his own life ?

I bet Ms Silly-Name herself is stewing too, after what happened to Epstein. People* are openly speculating on social media about the manner of her upcoming mysterious death. She's a goner.

*me included

You're quite the little Machiavelli aren't you? :reap:

I'm a quick learner. ;)

She knows too much about too many people, she's doomed. She is in custody and unlikely to get bail because she's shown herself capable of going on the run.

On trial she will have to decide what story to tell. Plea bargain/throw others to the wolves for a lighter sentence, or deny everything and risk being found guilty and a very long sentence? Accept all the blame personally and let not a single name slip?

Even if she could have her top-notch lawyers haggle everything down to slap-on-the-wrist level her more shady previous customers would be keeping an eye on her. She'd probably feel safer in prison than outside if Epstein hadn't suddenly died there.

I bet she's bricking it. I sincerely hope so.

Back