• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

https://news.sky.com/story/former-h...-must-not-be-dismissed-as-conspiracy-12021693

Coronavirus: Former MI6 boss says theory COVID-19 came from Wuhan lab must not be dismissed as conspiracy

Isn't that simply giving voice to what most people have been thinking anyway?

The Chinese Communist Party claiming innocence, when the pandemic originated in the vicinity of their biotech laboratory does stretch our credulity to breaking point or, as Min put it back at the start of lockdown, "Like an innocent-looking puppy standing next to a steaming puddle."

Isn't that simply giving voice to what most people have been thinking anyway?

The Chinese Communist Party claiming innocence, when the pandemic originated in the vicinity of their biotech laboratory does stretch our credulity to breaking point or, as Min put it back at the start of lockdown, "Like an innocent-looking puppy standing next to a steaming puddle."

I feel if it’s a coincidence it’s a MASSIVE one. Also the virus seems to attack everything it can, it’s almost as if it designed to do as much damage as possible. I saw an article yesterday that said even people that weren’t admitted to hospital could still have long ranging health issues.

I feel if it’s a coincidence it’s a MASSIVE one. Also the virus seems to attack everything it can, it’s almost as if it designed to do as much damage as possible. I saw an article yesterday that said even people that weren’t admitted to hospital could still have long ranging health issues.

Exactly. Not to mention the post-viral debilitating symptoms, including a dementia-like "brain fog", chronic fatigue and compromised lung function. This was discussed on BBC 5 Live earlier. Some people who officially "recovered" from Covid19 are still suffering the aftereffects months later and are incapable of returning to work.

Because they can.
That's the thing with being a totalitarian regime - you are unhindered by other nations standards of decency and unacceptable behaviour.
Still ... at least it means we in the West can buy cheap crap thanks to their massive production ability. #sarcasm

Hong Kong-based doctor whistleblower flees to US, gives interview alleging corruption and coverup by WHO and China government.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/10/chinese-virologist-flees-after-accusing-beijing-of-covid-19-cover-up/

And following on from that, Steve Bannon has alleged that some Chinese workers from the Wuhan lab have defected to the West, in advance of a legal case against the Chinese Government for withholding information on the extent of the Covid 19 outbreak during December 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-lab-defected-West-reveals-Steve-Bannon.html

And following on from that, Steve Bannon has alleged that some Chinese workers from the Wuhan lab have defected to the West, in advance of a legal case against the Chinese Government for withholding information on the extent of the Covid 19 outbreak during December 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-lab-defected-West-reveals-Steve-Bannon.html
Many of the people at the lab may not have known what was going on.
However... that news article says that Bannon is a 'senior Trump ally' - which was true, then he got fired. The relationship with him and Trump is on/off. So it's not clear.

Is AIDS also a weapon?

Of course some people say it is.

US and EU disinformation monitors have cited 3 organizations as large-scale COVID-19 disinfo sources and claimed the pandemic disinfo campaign is substantial.
US officials: Russia behind spread of virus disinformation

Russian intelligence services are using a trio of English-language websites to spread disinformation about the coronavirus pandemic, seeking to exploit a crisis that America is struggling to contain ahead of the presidential election in November, U.S. officials said Tuesday.

Two Russians who have held senior roles in Moscow’s military intelligence service known as the GRU have been identified as responsible for a disinformation effort meant to reach American and Western audiences, U.S. government officials said. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. ...

Between late May and early July, one of the officials said, the websites singled out Tuesday published about 150 articles about the pandemic response, including coverage aimed either at propping up Russia or denigrating the U.S.

Among the headlines that caught the attention of U.S. officials were “Russia’s Counter COVID-19 Aid to America Advances Case for Détente,” which suggested that Russia had given urgent and substantial aid to the U.S. to fight the pandemic, and “Beijing Believes COVID-19 is a Biological Weapon,” which amplified statements by the Chinese. ...

Though U.S. officials have warned before about the spread of disinformation tied to the pandemic, they went further on Tuesday by singling out a particular information agency that is registered in Russia, InfoRos, and that operates a series of websites — InfoRos.ru, Infobrics.org and OneWorld.press — that have leveraged the pandemic to promote anti-Western objectives and to spread disinformation. ...

In 2019, a European Union task force that studies disinformation campaigns identified One World as “a new addition to the pantheon of Moscow-based disinformation outlets.” The task force noted that One World’s content often parrots the Russian state agenda on issues including the war in Syria.

A report published last month by a second, nongovernmental organization, Brussels-based EU DisinfoLab, examined links between InfoRos and One World to Russian military intelligence. The researchers identified technical clues tying their websites to Russia and identified some financial connections between InfoRos and the government. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/3acb089e6a333e051dbc4a465cb68ee1

Many of the people at the lab may not have known what was going on.
However... that news article says that Bannon is a 'senior Trump ally' - which was true, then he got fired. The relationship with him and Trump is on/off. So it's not clear.

christ all mighty- you sound like my mum these days. Do you actually check stuff out? Whats happened?

We've all known this for months? Why are you posting it?

We've suspected it for some time now. The difference here is that the authoritative monitors have assembled a sufficient case to publicly announce it.

Also isn't this political?

No - not in the sense that's prohibited on this forum. There's no mention of elected officials, election interference, or any of the other elements that traditionally made "politics" an unwelcome topic.

This is about disinformation in the service of undermining responses and facilitating second-guessing and resistance to addressing and engaging the pandemic conditions head-on.

I'm not really sure if this belongs in this section or not really.

But the numbers just don't add up.
Even by simple maths.
UK population is about 66 million.
(And that's ALL people, including those in the 0-18 group)
Official figures for numbers of Covid-19 tests is 16,280,223.
(see 'official' figures on worldometer)
That gives us a figure of 239,707 tests per Million people.
That's about 1 in 4 (ALL people, remember, so including those under 18 that are extremely unlikely to catch C19, or be tested for it)
So by rights, for every four people I know, 1 of them should have had a C19 test.
I'm only aware of one person who has had a C19 test. An NHS nurse.
Nobody that I work with. None of my neighbours.
(And the ratio would be even less, about 1 in 3 when you adjust for age group)

Hertfordshire (here) has a population of about 1.2 million.
Cases per 1 million is stated as 4475,
(again going by worldometer)
so Hertfordshire should be showing about 5370 cases.
But total cases to August 1st is currently 4301.
(BBC 'how many' page - use postcode AL7)
That is 1069 less than it 'should' be.
Which is about 20% less than it 'should' be.
That's a HUGE difference.
If it was only 2% or 3% different then you could say it was statistically insignificant.
But 20% ??????

I'm not really sure if this belongs in this section or not really.

But the numbers just don't add up.
Even by simple maths.
UK population is about 66 million.
(And that's ALL people, including those in the 0-18 group)
That gives us a figure of 239,707 tests per Million people.
That's about 1 in 4 (ALL people, remember, so including those under 18 that are extremely unlikely to catch C19, or be tested for it)
So by rights, for every four people I know, 1 of them should have had a C19 test.
I'm only aware of one person who has had a C19 test. An NHS nurse.
Nobody that I work with. None of my neighbours.
(And the ratio would be even less, about 1 in 3 when you adjust for age group)

Hertfordshire (here) has a population of about 1.2 million.
Cases per 1 million is stated as 4475,
(again going by worldometer)
so Hertfordshire should be showing about 5370 cases.
But total cases to August 1st is currently 4301.
(BBC 'how many' page - use postcode AL7)
That is 1069 less than it 'should' be.
Which is about 20% less than it 'should' be.
That's a HUGE difference.
If it was only 2% or 3% different then you could say it was statistically insignificant.
But 20% ??????

I've only had one test, but I know of people who have had multiple tests.
It is usual for key healthcare staff to have periodic tests.

As for Hertfordshire, it is a land-locked county, so no beaches to encourage mass gatherings and I don't recall there being any public demonstrations there. It's not an area you particularly associate with retiring to either, so maybe the demographic is somewhat younger and with fewer care homes than more badly-affected areas.

Does the data account for one individual having had multiple tests?

I'd imagine that doctors might have them weekly, for instance.

Well, the NHS is the largest employer in the UK (5th or 6th largest in the world) so there are a lot of people that will indeed have received multiple tests, but I can't see it being responsible for that difference. I mean come on, between 1 in 4 / 1 in 3.
Even if you go to the extremes and say, okay, 1 in 10 actual people instead of multiple retests, I should still know at least a dozen people who have had a test, and I live opposite a hospital and many of my friends and neighbours work in care.
The ICU nurse I know that has had a test only had the one, for which she had to drive 20 miles to Milton Keynes for.
And anecdotally she has told me that it is the same for most of the people she works with.

And that's true of Hertfordshire, BMCS. But 20%?
Again, if it was only 5% or even 10% say, then I would say that the demographics of the area seem to support that, but really, 20% short of what we would expect to see compared to the national average?

Seems quite a stretch IMO.

Worldometer figures are not official. Which is a shame because I like their presentation.

The official UK government figures are here They show around 12 million tests across the UK up to yesterday. It appears that this is tests 'processed' not tests merely sent out which is one of the criticisms the headline data have faced.

Data are presented under four pillars:
Pillar 1 is swab tests by the NHS and in England by PHE,
Pillar 2 is swab tests by commercial organisations,
Pillars 3 and 4 are blood tests for antibodies. (I'm in pillar 4! I've been tested twice so far!)

Pillars 1 and 2 test if people currently have CV-19. This totals around 9.6 million up to yesterday. Tests, not people tested:
The Government has been criticised that only the number of tests has been published.

oxo

So someone posted the following in a group I am on with Facebook.
1596535076047.png

I pointed out the follwoing

800k kids go missing in the US every year. The US has a population of 328 million. Assume 25% under 20 so there are 80 million under 20's. So 1% of the under 20's go missing every year and no one comments? Really?

And someone replied - specifically to my comment - That's pretty god damn scary :(

What! I was pointing out how unlikely it was - 1% of every school going missing every year and nothing is happening about it! I don't think so.

Most people, especially kids, who go missing are found within an hour or two. Coincidentally, Dr Hannah Fry was on the radio this morning talking about what happens when people get lost, and how the best thing to do is stay put. Kids generally do, once they find something to play with (climbing a tree, splashing in a puddle), but men are the worst for keeping on getting more and more lost by keeping on walking.

When I was in college I worked in a xerox copy shop with another student (not waiting tables - I still don't know how to carry a tray) and we spent long hours copying all kinds of rubbish, manually, 2-sided. Long before electronic communications. We both agreed strongly that universal literacy was not what it was cracked up to be. This is certainly an example. Imagined numbers and near-psychotic fantasy.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/06/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-plandemic-moms
"This is not solely a fringe group of uninformed people blindly forwarding cat videos. These are college-educated women who (correctly or incorrectly) believe they have done their research "

It's quite scary the number of people who are buying into the conspiracy theories at the moment.
My neighbour casually informed me a few weeks ago that it wasn't as bad as the press were making out, because her daughter, a vet, had been looking at the science behind it. The neighbour said she didn't know anyone who had had it, and that no one she knew, knew of anyone, and therefore it was all a lie.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/06/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-plandemic-moms
"This is not solely a fringe group of uninformed people blindly forwarding cat videos. These are college-educated women who (correctly or incorrectly) believe they have done their research "

It's quite scary the number of people who are buying into the conspiracy theories at the moment.
My neighbour casually informed me a few weeks ago that it wasn't as bad as the press were making out, because her daughter, a vet, had been looking at the science behind it. The neighbour said she didn't know anyone who had had it, and that no one she knew, knew of anyone, and therefore it was all a lie.

EeC8UziWsAAbX0C.jpeg.jpg

Cambridge university is doing studies on cybercrime and corona. This is from the report on corona and incel (alt right involuntary celibate) culture:

Incel thoughts

We observe a significant increase in murderous fan-
tasies during the pandemic. The number of posts
relating to killing that mention ‘chads’ and ‘stacys’
(attractive men and women) took off, peaks in April
2020, and drops away quickly afterwards (see Fig-
ure 2). There are many more such posts about men
than about women, with the greatest difference ob-
served in April 2020.

Many other comments exhibit strong hostility
towards sexually attractive men and women. They
call Coronavirus ‘Corona-chan’ (chan is a Japanese word implying cute girls) and hope that the virus will
reduce the number of attractive men, giving incels more chance of dating.

“Corona must be on our side since it will probably kill chads and rosties the most, since they can’t
stop partying and having sex with strangers.” // “Corona is the nawalt bro. Have faith. She will take
care of incels and kill chad and boomers.” // “I hope it kills off all the chads instead so that we could
have a chance.” // “Please, Corona, come kill chads and stacies” // “Hoping the coronavirus will only
kill chads, stacys and everyone with an SMV above 5/10” // “I want Corona to kill chads primarily.”

But some fear that the men who beat them at the dating game will also beat the virus.

“I bet with our luck, this new virus will only target sub4 males. Since we lost the gene lottery, most
likely our immune system is way weaker than Chad’s, who’s immune system can kill off any disease
or STD.” // “The virus will mainly kill oldcels and unhealthy normies. Shit has to really mutate to kill
chads and other genetically superior humans” // “I think it’s the opposite. Corona chan is more likely
to kill me than chads because of my subhuman gene.”

They also point out that thanks to Coronavirus, attractive people will also experience the loneliness of being
isolated, as incels normally do.

“A silver lining from this coronavirus pandemic is that normies, especially women, can now finally
get to experience what we incels experience on a day to day basis. And guess what? They’re losing it.”

https://www.cambridgecybercrime.uk/COVID/

Last edited:
Cambridge university is doing studies on cybercrime and corona. This is from the report on corona and incel (alt right involuntary celibate) culture:

Incel thoughts

We observe a significant increase in murderous fan-
tasies during the pandemic. The number of posts
relating to killing that mention ‘chads’ and ‘stacys’
(attractive men and women) took off, peaks in April
2020, and drops away quickly afterwards (see Fig-
ure 2). There are many more such posts about men
than about women, with the greatest difference ob-
served in April 2020.
Many other comments exhibit strong hostility
towards sexually attractive men and women. They
call Coronavirus ‘Corona-chan’ (chan is a Japanese word implying cute girls) and hope that the virus will
reduce the number of attractive men, giving incels more chance of dating.
“Corona must be on our side since it will probably kill chads and rosties the most, since they can’t
stop partying and having sex with strangers.” // “Corona is the nawalt bro. Have faith. She will take
care of incels and kill chad and boomers.” // “I hope it kills off all the chads instead so that we could
have a chance.” // “Please, Corona, come kill chads and stacies” // “Hoping the coronavirus will only
kill chads, stacys and everyone with an SMV above 5/10” // “I want Corona to kill chads primarily.”
But some fear that the men who beat them at the dating game will also beat the virus.
“I bet with our luck, this new virus will only target sub4 males. Since we lost the gene lottery, most
likely our immune system is way weaker than Chad’s, who’s immune system can kill off any disease
or STD.” // “The virus will mainly kill oldcels and unhealthy normies. Shit has to really mutate to kill
chads and other genetically superior humans” // “I think it’s the opposite. Corona chan is more likely
to kill me than chads because of my subhuman gene.”
They also point out that thanks to Coronavirus, attractive people will also experience the loneliness of being
isolated, as incels normally do.
“A silver lining from this coronavirus pandemic is that normies, especially women, can now finally
get to experience what we incels experience on a day to day basis. And guess what? They’re losing it.”

https://www.cambridgecybercrime.uk/COVID/

These so called 'incels' sound like the biggest bunch of losers going... :crazy:

Back