• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Apparatus (Found Objects; Unknown Purpose)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
While I'm fairly confident that this nature of this object can be explained without recourse to extraterrestrial agency, I don't actually know what it is.

5f5a99107a60f_p.jpg
5f5a99285b589_p.jpg

Article from this Polish article (auto-translated):

https://translate.google.com/transl...sk-zdjecia/ar/c1-15173450&prev=search&pto=aue

Via Coast to Coast A.M.:

'Unidentified Forest Object' Found in Polish Wilderness
September 18, 2020
By Tim Binnall

A man exploring a forest in Poland came upon a rather puzzling sight in the form of a mysterious object that some have likened a downed UFO. Pictures of the pear-shaped piece of debris were submitted to the Polish newspaper Echo Dnia last week by a reader Wojciech Domagała, who said that they had discovered the strange and rather sizeable oddity while visiting a wooded area in the province of Swietokrzyskie. The object seems to be metallic and, based on what looks to be significant weathering, may have been in the forest for quite some time.

It appears that Domagała was not the first one to find the anomalous item as he noted that there were a number of empty bottle of alcohol scattered around the site. As for what the object could have been, the newspaper suggests that it could be some kind of construction equipment akin to a concrete mixer. More imaginative observers pointed out that the debris somewhat resembles the famed acorn-shaped craft reported in the legendary Kecksberg UFO case and argued that perhaps it was a downed alien craft.

Article Concludes With Link to Facebook Discussion:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/unidentified-forest-object-found-in-polish-wilderness/

Septic tank or something similar?

Septic tank or something similar?

Not qualified to decide.

Hatch at the fat end, tube, pipe or hose at the thin end...

And do you reckon that white ring has vents around it?

The proportions and rounded corners of the upper section are consistent with a pressurized vessel, but the plain conical form of the lower section isn't.

The hatch on the top doesn't appear to be a bolt-down pressure-resistant opening. I think it's simply an inspection hatch.

The lifting lug appears to be unusually heavy-duty.

The reinforced structural steel ring 'girdle' where the two major sections join is configured to serve as a flanged base for supporting the vessel with the lower section hanging underneath whatever it was to which the base was bolted. If not bolted, the flanged girdle allowed the vessel to sit with its lower section hanging down from a support structure or perhaps through a hole.

The lateral pipe protruding from the botttom is attached in an unusual fashion. It might represent a flanged outlet attachment with a fixed outlet pipe that bolts to the bottom's terminal ring, so as to allow for mounting it in a range of orientations. Alternatively, I can't rule out the possibility it's a more permanently mounted rotary outlet that can be turned as needed.

The unusually heavy lifting lug makes me suspect this vessel was designed to be lifted and / or transported in use.

I think it's a hopper or non-pressure vessel for transporting and dispensing either some sort of pourable dry material, some material suspended in liquid, or perhaps a slurry of some type.

I've seen concrete hoppers of similar shape designed to carry concrete slurry with a rotary outlet allowing the slurry to be spread however needed at a construction site while suspended from a crane. That's the closest analogy that comes to mind.

I think it's a hopper or non-pressure vessel for transporting and dispensing either some sort of pourable dry material, some material suspended in liquid, or perhaps a slurry of some type.

If I'm not certain, agriculture is always a solid guess.

I was thinking some kind of grain distribution device, perhaps one that can be suspended and swung around to fill vessels or vehicles.

..I think it's a hopper or non-pressure vessel for transporting and dispensing either some sort of pourable dry material, some material suspended in liquid, or perhaps a slurry of some type...

If some kind of hopper the lateral orientation of the pipe, and the way that would affect the flow of material, suggests to me that the vessel would be better designed for the flow of liquids or semi liquids, rather than dry matter.

I did at first wonder if it might be some old pattern of buried or part buried fuel storage tank - the hatch, or possibly the entire top dome, exposed when still in use.

While I'm fairly confident that this nature of this object can be explained without recourse to extraterrestrial agency, I don't actually know what it is.

View attachment 29863View attachment 29864

Article from this Polish article (auto-translated):

https://translate.google.com/transl...sk-zdjecia/ar/c1-15173450&prev=search&pto=aue

Via Coast to Coast A.M.:

'Unidentified Forest Object' Found in Polish Wilderness
September 18, 2020
By Tim Binnall

A man exploring a forest in Poland came upon a rather puzzling sight in the form of a mysterious object that some have likened a downed UFO. Pictures of the pear-shaped piece of debris were submitted to the Polish newspaper Echo Dnia last week by a reader Wojciech Domagała, who said that they had discovered the strange and rather sizeable oddity while visiting a wooded area in the province of Swietokrzyskie. The object seems to be metallic and, based on what looks to be significant weathering, may have been in the forest for quite some time.

It appears that Domagała was not the first one to find the anomalous item as he noted that there were a number of empty bottle of alcohol scattered around the site. As for what the object could have been, the newspaper suggests that it could be some kind of construction equipment akin to a concrete mixer. More imaginative observers pointed out that the debris somewhat resembles the famed acorn-shaped craft reported in the legendary Kecksberg UFO case and argued that perhaps it was a downed alien craft.

Article Concludes With Link to Facebook Discussion:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/unidentified-forest-object-found-in-polish-wilderness/
Wonder if it could be an extra large homemade Moonshine making kettle that's been left behind after it blew?

My first reaction was that it's a concrete mixer that had to be abandoned because someone let the concrete go hard and they couldn't clean it out. They probably couldn't sell it to a scrapyard because of the sheer effort required to remove the concrete.

My first reaction was that it's a concrete mixer that had to be abandoned because someone let the concrete go hard and they couldn't clean it out. They probably couldn't sell it to a scrapyard because of the sheer effort required to remove the concrete.
It would be more helpful if we knew what kind of metal it was composed of, steel or copper?

Does anybody have a Facebook account to check the discussion linked in the C2C AM link?

They may have an answer by now.

It would be more helpful if we knew what kind of metal it was composed of, steel or copper?
If it's copper, it's most likely to be an old still for making illegal hooch.

Reactions: Sid
Is it near water? looks not unlike the bigger channel maker buoys we have round here.
Good point! It probably got to its current position after a flood or storm.

Reactions: RaM
There looks to be a hefty lug on the bottom for a anchor chain.

EnolaGaia seems to have nailed it; I think it is a mineral powder processing plant component.

If it's copper, it's most likely to be an old still for making illegal hooch.

If it's copper it'd be worth quite a lot in scrap alone.

Could do with a few more photos from different angles showing more detail. Looks like it'd need quite a big truck to carry it there. Oddly positioned, in between the trees.

A mysterious piece of industrial equipment appeared by the side of a New Brunswick roadway. Its identity, purpose and source all remain mysteries.
NBTank-2210.jpg
Mystery metal object removed from next to New Brunswick highway

Transportation officials in New Brunswick said a large metal object was removed from where it was found next to a highway -- but no one knows what it is or where it came from.

The metal object, which appears to be some sort of storage tank, was found at the side of Highway 7, between St. John and Oromocto, near Base Gagetown. ...

The New Brunswick Department of Transportation said the object was hauled away this week.

"At this point it really is a mystery we are looking into," department spokeswoman Alycia Bartlett told CBC News. "Obviously, we would like to find out what happened, too."

Security officials at Base Gagetown said the object was in place for about a month, but Canadian Forces spokesperson Jamie Donovan said the object is not believed to be military property. He said officials are investigating.

AIM Recycling Atlantic, St. John's metal recycling plant, said it is not aware of any large metal items being lost on their way to the plant. ...
FULL STORY (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/1...l-object-New-brunswick-highway/8791666374106/

It looks like it was for heating or cooling a liquid
the heat exchanger on the outside suggests
something corrosive.
:omr:

Not a Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator then?
:)

Evidently from "Foxboro Co Ltd of Montreal Canada."
Surely just give them a ring and ask them what it is?
It's not that much of a mystery.
From reading through the company details it looks most likely to be a piece of equipment used in producing synthetic fuels.

Foxboro Company
33 Commercial Street
Foxboro, Massachusetts 02035
U.S.A.
(508) 543-8750
Fax: (508) 549-6770
The Foxboro Company is a leading manufacturer of industrial controls. The company supplies devices for monitoring and automating manufacturing processes to the chemical, oil and gas, paper, food, pharmaceutical, mining, electric, water, and scientific industries.
(...) In 1933 Foxboro expanded its operations to Canada with a three-man office in Montreal that did business under the name Foxboro Company, Limited.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/books/politics-and-business-magazines/foxboro-company

1666536291537.png

It looks like it was for heating or cooling a liquid
the heat exchanger on the outside suggests
something corrosive.
:omr:

Exactly ... It's a tank or low-pressure vessel used in some sort of industrial processing. Many years ago I used to design such items. The encircling external coil (which extends onto the dished bottom) is for heating or cooling. My guess is heating, so as to prevent viscous contents from congealing.

Haven't we got a thread somewhere about archaeological finds that have no known purpose?

Back