• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

A friend who studied history said "Star Wars was more historically accurate than that crap!"
I'm pissed off that Gibson is now working on a remake of one of my all-time favourite movies. The bastard's doing a remake of The Wild Bunch (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2028582/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3) I hope Sam Peckinpah comes back to haunt him.
I used to like Mel Gibson back in the day. Used to, not so much these days.

A friend who studied history said "Star Wars was more historically accurate than that crap!"
I'm pissed off that Gibson is now working on a remake of one of my all-time favourite movies. The bastard's doing a remake of The Wild Bunch (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2028582/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3) I hope Sam Peckinpah comes back to haunt him.

Thank fuck his Boudica film seems to have been canned or just left to moulder.

Gibson made two movies in languages barely anyone speak today. That is brave to me.

I have a lot of issues with Prince of Thieves - grungy aesthetic, Kevin Costner, Hollywood action sensibilities in Olde England, Kevin Costner - but the biggest has to be Robin without an English accent; if he doesn't sound like Brian Bedford I'm not interested. :p

I can only tolerate Costner in two movies - JFK and The Untouchables. Still, I'd take his American Action Robin over the more recent incarnations, the vaguely steampunk one that completely wasted Taron Egerton in particular.

(Related aside: am I alone in thinking Dances With Wolves is overrated?)

A film I think we can all agree on as being utter bilge: the big-screen version of classic TV series The Avengers, which has to rank as one of the worst adaptations of anything ever.

A film I think we can all agree on as being utter bilge: the big-screen version of classic TV series The Avengers, which has to rank as one of the worst adaptations of anything ever.
That was a real disappointment to me. It didn't compare well with the TV series.

I can't see a remake of The Wild Bunch going well. They had the temerity to remake The Day of the Jackal, Get Carter and The Italian Job - duds!

At least only one member of the gay couple was murdered, Longshanks wasn't going to kill his son and heir.

I forgot Mel's known for his progressive, even-handed views. He probably just had the gay guy murdered so he didn't feel left out.

I forgot Mel's known for his progressive, even-handed views. He probably just had the gay guy murdered so he didn't feel left out.

But the guy/gay in question was killed because he had the temerity to try and give Longshanks advice on military strategy.

Army Of Darkness is one of the greatest films ever made.
It's good fun and I own loads of rare collectables from it but it's the third favourite of mine from the Evil Dead series .. I always think of it as Jason and the Argonauts meets Monty Python's Jabberwocky .. but with Bruce Campbell.

So why make him gay at all? Why were there no gay Scots?
There was a man - Piers Gaveston - who was a very close friend of the King's son. He may or may not have been gay.
He was executed, just not by being thrown out of a window.

There was a man - Piers Gaveston - who was a very close friend of the King's son. He may or may not have been gay.
He was executed, just not by being thrown out of a window.

This just gets worse!

While we're still piling in about Braveheart's lack of historical accuracy, it's worth noting that Edward I died a couple of years after William Wallace, but in the film, Longshanks dies while Wallace is still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're still piling in about Braveheart's lack of historical accuracy, it's worth noting that Edward I does a couple of years after William Wallace, but in the film, Longshanks dies while Wallace is still alive.

What we needed was Edward grabbing his crotch and growling, "I got your freedom right here, buddy!"

What we needed was Edward grabbing his crotch and growling, "I got your freedom right here, buddy!"

Given your previous posts I'm surprised that you think jokes about male rape are funny.

I just bought the trilogy on DVD.
Which box set? .. this one? ..

aboxset001.jpg

Boo and Hiss! My Zoom home-theatre version of Edward II will still include the lovely, traditional British red-hot poker.

Until I can find a proper method-actor, the stand-in for Edward II's bum will be a shaved piggy rectum. Deceased, as per European regulations, alas.

We have cut out all the lahdy-dah dialogue and gone straight for the climax. Tickets start at 40 p. :party:

I'm surprised you thought I was making male rape jokes.

What exactly was

supposed to mean?

Would it be acceptable if you had worded it:

What we needed was Edward grabbing his crotch and growling, "I got your freedom right here, girl!" ?

Back