• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

I've been told we're going back there but if the paranormal aspect of it is real, we might be doing more harm than good.

I can do it as well! :) .. nice one ..

I've been told that we'll be returning to Santon Church at the end of this month after lockdown .. so hopefully .. one thing we've been neglecting is the study of the bat colony residing in this church, a non paranormal side line that I'd like to study. We know where they are in the church, I just have to solve the problem of getting a tall enough ladder up there so I can film them.

Two new threads have have revitalised me, the feng/alterations to a premises thread and the haint blue thread .. because as well as Santon Chuch having a small section of its ceiling haint blue as well as an Egyptian temple ceiling video also posted here and also haint blue? .. I'll see where that takes me ..

Last edited:
We'll be doing an all nighter at Baconsthorpe Castle tomorrow night, our third or 4th visit but first all nighter there ..

Then we'll be going back to Santon Church on the 10th of Oct, our 5th visit but our 1st all nighter there
I went there once on a wander from sheringham, not much of a castle but in an idyllic spot. I hope a cow doesn't sit on you during the night.

.. hope a cow doesn't sit on you during the night.

So do I. We did a test run of putting up a small tent yesterday that I've borrowed, I've just got to make the cheese and tomato sarnies and large flask of coffee now .. everything's charged up, taxis booked for 10pm and 7am ..

The dapper looking chap in this video below is Chris Halton who has his own channel as does Eddie Mallet investigating with him .. this vid shows a bit more of the insides of the grounds, the later parts showing a spirit box session inside the guard house :

We heard a few moans, groans and whispering last night (and footsteps) but none of passion.

Our Ringo of this forum got a mention and a thank you in our intro, I'd asked him if he had any suggestions for a later investigation we've planned so we were able to test run those at this castle which have been filmed. Watching back the live broadcast stuff from last night on facebook, we might have also filmed an apparition or two .. I say might because the picture quality isn't great for the live stuff .. it was filmed using a camera phone in dense darkness with only torch light for illumination.

I got a genuine shout out loud jump scare looking though a window frame when a blurred 'mass' rushed towards me but without viewing that footage back yet, that was more likely a trick of the light created by a torch beam and tired eyes.

Hopefully we can put a thank you to you in our credits Ringo .. The Forteana board got a shout out as well in our intro (which we had to film twice because the camera switched itself off and strangely wiped our first take .. we had no problem switching the camera back on and the battery hadn't drained) ..

Our first live video at the castle from last night:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012489222385

Our second and third live videos at the castle from last night. The daylight video is the last one:

https://www.facebook.com/Spectral.spit

The full 'non camera phone' edit will hopefully be online by the end of this month ..

Last edited:
I am well jealous, the ghost club should have been at North weald tonight for my first ghost hunt of the year, but it was cancelled due to lack of interest. Dam fair weather ghost hunters.
Just before the taxi picked me up, a Norfolk ghost crew also out last night at a different location posted on facebook that they'd had to leg it back to their car because they'd "heard a loud bang" and they were bailing .. pussies LOL .. I'm sending you a pm.

We heard a few moans, groans and whispering last night (and footsteps) but none of passion.

Our Ringo of this forum got a mention and a thank you in our intro, I'd asked him if he had any suggestions for a later investigation we've planned so we were able to test run those at this castle which have been filmed. Watching back the live broadcast stuff from last night on facebook, we might have also filmed an apparition or two .. I say might because the picture quality isn't great for the live stuff .. it was filmed using a camera phone in dense darkness with only torch light for illumination.

I got a genuine shout out loud jump scare looking though a window frame when a blurred 'mass' rushed towards me but without viewing that footage back yet, that was more likely a trick of the light created by a torch beam and tired eyes.

Hopefully we can put a thank you to you in our credits Ringo .. The Forteana board got a shout out as well in our intro (which we had to film twice because the camera switched itself off and strangely wiped our first take .. we had no problem switching the camera back on and the battery hadn't drained) ..

Our first live video at the castle from last night:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012489222385
This page isn't available...

First one. The second one by the way, is closed for people not logged into Facebook.
Thank you for letting me know Vardoger, I'll see if we're able to do something about that. She might have it set as private content.

edit: she's replied with ..

Yeah I believe you do have to log into the Facebook to watch the lives as they were videod from Facebook x .. are you on Facebook?

Last edited:
Thank you for letting me know Vardoger, I'll see if we're able to do something about that. She might have it set as private content.

edit: she's replied with ..

Yeah I believe you do have to log into the Facebook to watch the lives as they were videod from Facebook x .. are you on Facebook?
No. Nope. Nada. Nyet.

No. Nope. Nada. Nyet.
I don't blame you to be fair. I managed to avoid joining it for ages then was forced to because it was the only way I could get my work rota at the time ..

The Mrs wanted me to write about something on a facebook page simply called Cromer .. only for me to learn that I'd been blocked .. I'd never visited the page and never written anything anywhere on facebook because I'd only joined that day so the Mrs contacted admin (a woman who rules the page like Thatcher and shuts down threads for any reason at all, even friendly ones) and she replied "I can't find any records of him at all but if he's been blocked it's because he's done something wrong so just tell him to apologise" .. "He says what is he apologising for?, he's never even visited your page?" .. "So long as he apologises, I can unblock him straight away" ... and so on and back and forth with the Mrs telling me to just apologise with me getting more and more annoyed until "WHAT THE FUCK FOR?!.. FLYING THOSE PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE?" ..

In the end this woman deigned me worthy enough to join her page after the Mrs wouldn't give in ... I had to leave the room, I was that annoyed. To date, I've never posted anything on her page and I never will ..

edit: I'll ask my mate if she's able to email those live castle vids to me Vards. If she can, I'd be able to send them to you if you want? ..

Last edited:
I don't blame you to be fair. I managed to avoid joining it for ages then was forced to because it was the only way I could get my work rota at the time ..

The Mrs wanted me to write about something on a facebook page simply called Cromer .. only for me to learn that I'd been blocked .. I'd never visited the page and never written anything anywhere on facebook because I'd only joined that day so the Mrs contacted admin (a woman who rules the page like Thatcher and shuts down threads for any reason at all, even friendly ones) and she replied "I can't find any records of him at all but if he's been blocked it's because he's done something wrong so just tell him to apologise" .. "He says what is he apologising for?, he's never even visited your page?" .. "So long as he apologises, I can unblock him straight away" ... and so on and back and forth with the Mrs telling me to just apologise with me getting more and more annoyed until "WHAT THE FUCK FOR?!.. FLYING THOSE PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE?" ..

In the end this woman deigned me worthy enough to join her page after the Mrs wouldn't give in ... I had to leave the room, I was that annoyed. To date, I've never posted anything on her page and I never will ..

edit: I'll ask my mate if she's able to email those live castle vids to me Vards. If she can, I'd be able to send them to you if you want? ..
Is that the private group with 10k members? How did they get so many members with that attitude?
By the way, Swifty - you really should apologise for all those crimes you've never done! :p :rollingw::rollingw::rollingw::rollingw:

Now that's interesting. We know that FB shares marketing data. Do they share dislike data? If I'm blocked from say my Japanese Prints group will it come up for another group I want to join? I only use fb because a few benighted and timid groups wont set out on their own.

Now that's interesting. We know that FB shares marketing data. Do they share dislike data? If I'm blocked from say my Japanese Prints group will it come up for another group I want to join? I only use fb because a few benighted and timid groups wont set out on their own.
The weird thing with my situation was that I haven't even had any time to piss anyone off if I'd wanted to .. I'd literally joined facebook about 2 hours earlier so I had no reputation on facebook at all, good or bad.

Why are you guys still even dealing with that site it's morally reprehensible?

Why are you guys still even dealing with that site it's morally reprehensible?
I agree, there's loads of horrible people on Facebook. I never browse there, I just use it for convenience and speed of communication just between my close friends. Most facebook users don't seem even to know forums like this exist.

I agree, there's loads of horrible people on Facebook. I never browse there, I just use it for convenience and speed of communication just between my close friends. Most facebook users don't seem even to know forums like this exist.

Its more to do with the company rather than the people who use it.

Its more to do with the company rather than the people who use it.
I agree. I joined FB years ago as it was the easiest way to chat with my nieces and nephews when they were online and at college.

I hate the policies and advertising and selling of info.

I originally thought that you had to be truthful for all personal questions and so used my real name etc. Then I noticed that my one nephew has himself ten years older and I have a few friends who make up their names.

I changed my sex. It's funny the ads I get. I post little to nothing and a month later, delete it. I never read anything.

If someone posts an invite on FB, I usually miss it. A couple of my nieces now text me invites lol.

Apparently I'm off to a séance tonight. Perfect weather for it (dark, stormy and windy) and we'll be meeting a new team member at his place. He's the singer and guitarist in a rockabilly band so all the horror film clichés are there. It's been nice knowing you all :p .

Back