• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I would call either a fake or a simulacra. It doesn't appear to have a head. I'm not sure what it could a simulacra of of course.

b25lY21zOmE4NzFjZjMwLWU5ZTctNDkwOS05YTBmLWZmYmQyZTc1Y2NhNjozMWVhNGJkNS1hNjI5LTQzZDctOTA3OC1kYT...jpg

I see clearly defined buttocks on a naked character running away from the camera, and he appears to be holding onto them.

Cool .. I'd like to watch the video of this if this is a screen grab.
I misread that as "green scarab". I thought, wtf is a green scarab?

Can anyone locate a photo of this arched portal / whatever that definitely places it at the alleged church site? I've rummaged through every photo set I can find, and I can't match the (admittedly blurry) arch with any of the arches on or around that church.

Can anyone locate a photo of this arched portal / whatever that definitely places it at the alleged church site? I've rummaged through every photo set I can find, and I can't match the (admittedly blurry) arch with any of the arches on or around that church.
13:18 onwards if I've got the correct church .. this is badly lit though so you can't see much ..

Blimey I bet even Phil and Kirsty couldn’t sell that house.
The lads got some bottle though cos I wouldn’t hang about even if it was my mates doing it :loveu::cskull::willy:

The more I look at the photo, the more I wonder if the arch might itself be a simulacrum. It seems to me that it becomes less obviously an arch when you work outwards from the irregular black shape at its centre, rather than working inwards from the curved edge of the presumptive arch

I would call either a fake or a simulacra. It doesn't appear to have a head. I'm not sure what it could a simulacra of of course.

I am also not convinced it's a genuine human or spectral figure, but the suggestion for me is that the head is bowed forwards slightly and the dark coloured hair is lost in the shadow beyond.

Okay - a little detective work suggests that could actually be an arch: Not the lychgate, but another entrance known as the 'Janus Gate', which is diagonally opposite the former, right across the church grounds.

I found this image of the gate, taken from inside the churchyard. It's at a different angle, but there's a signboard which looks suspiciously like it might correspond with the position of the alleged figure.

Janus gate.jpg

Okay - a little detective work suggests that could actually be an arch: Not the lychgate, but another entrance known as the 'Janus Gate', which is diagonally opposite the former, right across the church grounds.

I found this image of the gate, taken from inside the churchyard. It's at a different angle, but there's a signboard which looks suspiciously like it might correspond with the position of the alleged figure.

View attachment 30611
436D9AF0-19E3-4B34-A392-E41C192EE8AC.jpg

This looks like something weird too.

The other side of the Janus Gate can be viewed from the other side using Google Maps / Street View...

When I found that earlier I noticed that the gate appears to have been an entrance to Hickleton Hall which was at one time a Sue Ryder care facility. I did wonder for a moment if the 'figure' might have been an errant customer, but the place has been closed since 2012.

So the black thing is the gate.

Yup. But you can see how the shape of the scroll-work at the top of the gate could be evocative of other things.

A mate took this picture at All Saint's Church in Santon, I've been there three times now, two nights ago being the coldest so far but I've never seen anyone's breath form inside the place and I'm one of the only smokers who investigates the place .. and I was there the night this picture was taken plus the photographer doesn't smoke .. none of us smoke inside the place

These weren't seen with the naked eye .. streaks on the lens?
asantonghost001.jpg

asanton02.jpg

asanton03.jpg

Attachments

• asanton04.jpg
    asanton04.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
.. a different team investigated this church, both at night and the next day in better light.

I've just noticed something in their video for the first time .. skip to 26:57 and look at the central stone beam of the window .. a couple of seconds later, what looks like a lit up face darts across the beam .. I don't think even they have spotted this .. pareidolia? .. it's worth watching a few times and pausing the moment ..

If anyone knows how to do screen grabs on youtube videos, please have a go (or tell me how to), I'd like a still so I can enlarge it frame by frame.

Looking at the picture that EG posted and cropping it and cropping the image of the "ghost" it does appear to be simulacrum, as has been mentioned before. If you look closely, the back and neck of the "ghost" is composed of a blurred image of the stones circled in the color photo to the right, just seen at a slightly different angle. The gate must make up some of the "legs" etc. There might be a little photoshopping enhancement of a recognized partial simulacrum.
ghost1.jpg
ghost2.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the picture that EG posted and cropping it and cropping the image of the "ghost" it does appear to be simulacrum, as has been mentioned before. If you look closely, the back and neck of the "ghost" is composed of a blurred image of the stones circled in the color photo to the right, just seen at a slightly different angle. The gate must make up some of the "legs" etc. There might be a little photoshopping enhancement of a recognized partial simulacrum.
View attachment 30639View attachment 30640
Don't think it's the same.

Back