• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts (Sitcom)

I wonder if they had to wait for a snowy day for the final episode of the series, or if it was visual effects? Anyway, really sweet ending, thought we were headed for a cliffhanger but it wrapped it all up with a neat bow.

Apparently a third series is planned, but they have to work out everything to do with the virus restrictions before they can go ahead. Here's hoping, this episode was totally worth it for the mass brawl! I suppose it had to happen eventually.

I wonder if they had to wait for a snowy day for the final episode of the series, or if it was visual effects? Anyway, really sweet ending, thought we were headed for a cliffhanger but it wrapped it all up with a neat bow.

Apparently a third series is planned, but they have to work out everything to do with the virus restrictions before they can go ahead. Here's hoping, this episode was totally worth it for the mass brawl! I suppose it had to happen eventually.

I loved the Captain in the last episode. He was in his element.

Apparently there’s a Christmas special *claps excitedly like Kitty*.

Christmas isn't cancelled after all!

Oh, and Kitty's ghost vomit was hilarious. "She's never done that before!"

Re the snow
AEAB3149-8481-4762-BF87-54E0CBD50976.png

Christmas isn't cancelled after all!

Oh, and Kitty's ghost vomit was hilarious. "She's never done that before!"
I thought there was going to be some ectoplasm comment there, I also thought we were going to lose one of the ghosts...

I guessed the sledge was SFX, but thought the view from the stately home might have been "real".

I thought there was going to be some ectoplasm comment there, I also thought we were going to lose one of the ghosts...

There were other, past ghosts in the Rashomon episode, so it's not outwith the realms of possibility we could lose one. Hope not, though!

I guessed the sledge was SFX, but thought the view from the stately home might have been "real".
You really expect the weather to play along? There’s raining scenes in Torchwood but I bet you anything those where the times Wales refused to rain.

I hope none of them get sucked off :rofl-animated:

I’m still waiting for more back stories. Watching a Q&A they said as they knew there was another series there was no rush to tell the stories before the time felt right.

There were other, past ghosts in the Rashomon episode, so it's not outwith the realms of possibility we could lose one. Hope not, though!
Yeah they could bring in any ghost played by the actor whose character leaves but I like the characters we have.

Thanks for the heads up! You can always use iPlayer and watch it on the big day, I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up! You can always use iPlayer and watch it on the big day, I suppose.
I just think it deserves the higher billing especially when there’s things that are repeats on, on Christmas Day.

I just think it deserves the higher billing especially when there’s things that are repeats on, on Christmas Day.

I think we can blame the Covid for that, but I agree a prime slot on Christmas Day would have been nice, though I suppose they wanted to keep its usual timeslot and that would not have been available on the 25th.

I think we can blame the Covid for that, but I agree a prime slot on Christmas Day would have been nice, though I suppose they wanted to keep its usual timeslot and that would not have been available on the 25th.
Or Christmas Eve or Boxing Day. The amazing Goes Wrong Show is relegated to the 22nd as well.

To be honest, I'm just glad they made them at all in the current climate. Agreed on Goes Wrong being amazing!
That’s true. I just think these great shows need some credit.

The Goes Wrong Show are doing a Nativity, which I’m really looking forward too. Still at least these days you can record things or watch on catch up unlike the olden days.

Recent surveys indicate more and more people are doing just that (using streaming catch up) and watching live TV is on the wane. Might be another factor in scheduling. When's the last time any of us sat down for an evening's live TV?

Nativity?! It's going to be fantastic, isn't it?!

It gets worse. No Muppets Christmas Carol! :mad: If ever there was a year when we needed this.
783849AA-2F8C-41E5-B1AC-52CA1BA4DA1E.jpeg

Recent surveys indicate more and more people are doing just that (using streaming catch up) and watching live TV is on the wane. Might be another factor in scheduling. When's the last time any of us sat down for an evening's live TV?

I still prefer to watch things live as broadcast, its only if things are on at stupid times or clash that I use catch up.

Bake Off, I’m a Celebrity... you have to watch them live to avoid spoilers.

I still prefer to watch things live as broadcast, its only if things are on at stupid times or clash that I use catch up.

When I was a kid, I would watch a whole evening of BBC or ITV, I doubt many do that anymore.

When I was a kid, I would watch a whole evening of BBC or ITV, I doubt many do that anymore.
Everything I have watched tonight has been live or +1 for a clash. But I agree the finding a channel and sitting in front of that for the whole tiem you're watching the box is gone, but back when I were a nipper there were only three channels and you had toget up to change them. Try telling the kids of today that!
But Ghosts will be a definite highlight of the Christmas TV I'm sure.

Back