• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

How large? I had a soya yoghurt tonight, can I expect to see any major changes?
No. :chuckle: You'd have to practically live exclusively on soy products for a long time to get moobs.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any worse: the people behind a certain franchise called "The Purge" have created this:

I think it looks very very disturbing and inarguably ill-conceived (but: I do concede, my tolerance levels are not up where they were, way back in twenty-nineteen)....

However, it's been created, so there we have it. Too soon, I hear you ask? Too soon?

And there's the rub (well, one of many, but please pay attention).

Empire said:
"Principal production commenced on July 8, 2020, in Los Angeles, California. Filming was initially halted by SAG-AFTRA, who granted the production permission to proceed a day later. The film wrapped on August 3, 2020"

That is surely IMPOSSIBLE. A whole movie shot/directed/produced/post-produced/edited in less than a >month<? (....and all done under Covid-safe restrictions???).

At least we can agree with certainty that the movie's creative timelines and originative rationales are as discordant and counter-intuitive as the unrealities that we now all encounter every day in real life.

Let's hope fiction (?) is stranger than 'truth'.

(ps I apologise for my bad attendance at class this term, and will do my best to catch-up with coursework as I can)

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any worse: the people behind a certain franchise called "The Purge" have created this:

I think it looks very very disturbing and inarguably ill-conceived (but: I do concede, my tolerance levels are not up where they were, way back in twenty-nineteen)....

However, it's been created, so there we have it. Too soon, I hear you ask? Too soon?

That is surely IMPOSSIBLE. A whole movie shot/directed/produced/post-produced/edited in less than a >month<? (....and all done under Covid-safe restrictions???).

At least we can agree with certainty that the movie's creative timelines and originative rationales are as discordant and counter-intuitive as the unrealities that we now all encounter every day in real life.

(ps I apologise for my bad attendance at class this term, and will do my best to catch-up with coursework as I can)

Think I'll give that one a miss, Ermintruder.
The over-subscribed global pandemic apocalyptic movie genre has kinda lost its appeal for some reason.

In any case, we know that the Mysterons are really behind the new plague.
Captain Scarlet may have foiled their evil plan in 1968, but it looks like the sinister little green rings got lucky this time.

scarlet.JPGscarlet2.JPGscarlet3.JPG

Yikes, that film may come true. I hope not.

I have a friend called Brian. I'd better warn him.

1. Pfizer share price rockets after Covid vaccine is announced:

chart.jsproto_large.chart

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/p/pfizer-inc-com-stk-usd0.05-cdi

2. "Pfizer’s chief executive sold shares in the company worth $5.6m (£4.2m) on the day the drugmaker announced that its Covid-19 vaccine was more than 90% effective in protecting people from transmission of the virus, triggering a surge in the company’s stock.

Pfizer said that the shares were sold via an automated system after they hit a certain price, under a plan set up in August."

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-of-shares-on-day-covid-vaccine-was-announced

maximus otter

My perception, going by soshul meedja, is that the latest "they're lying to you" brigade's theory is that NHS hospitals are lying empty and the latest reports of hospitalisations due to Covid-related illness are fake.

Given that hospitals in the UK tend to be very full, almost all of the time, and that I have relatives working in various health-related fields who keep me updated every so often I think these posts can be given shrift of less than a millimetre!

I wonder if there is a conspiracy underlying this disinformation and also promoting any kind of Covid bullsh*ttery, orchestrated by other countries as a destabilisation technique? It turns out GCHQ has been trying to disrupt the flow - from https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/gchq-tackling-russian-anti-vaccine-disinformation-report/

"...According to Lucy Fisher in the Times, the UK spy agency is now using tools developed to stop material created by Islamic State from spreading against anti-vaccine propaganda.

“GCHQ has begun an offensive cyber-operation to disrupt anti-vaccine propaganda being spread by hostile states, The Times understands. The spy agency is using a toolkit developed to tackle disinformation and recruitment material peddled by Islamic State, according to sources.

It is the latest move by cyberagents to counter activity linked to Moscow whose aim is to exploit the pandemic in order to undermine the West and boost Russian interests. The government regards tackling false information about inoculation as a rising priority as the prospect of a reliable vaccine against the coronavirus draws closer.
..”

Insider trading, surely?
According to the article they were sold automatically when the stock hit a certain level. However if he was doing it manually he would only sell after the announcement as people would want a piece of the successful action. Insider trading would be selling based on information not yet public eg selling your shares before the company was going to declare bankruptcy and you knew about it. All that’s happened here is an announcement was made, people started to buy shares pushing up their value and he sold shares to realise the capital. Notice the graph is coming down quickly so it’s a case of timing it right to get the maximum money.

Someone on facebook gets on my tits by constantly posting crap like this as if she's the f-ing pied piper:

acovidbullshit.jpg

I don't normally troll people but I just can't leave this person alone. She's also tried to convince people she's a current NHS ward worker so I've had to reply with:

"Seeing as we're all being lied to about the dangers of Covid-19, why don't you ask for a transfer to work on a Covid ward Lisa? .. go for it!!"

and ..

"Why would Boris Johnson be waving his little fists around in a threatening manner while not giving speeches on TV? .. would he have run out of something to say?, lost his voice?, would the volume on all of our TV sets have broken at the same time?"

Last edited:
According to the article they were sold automatically when the stock hit a certain level. However if he was doing it manually he would only sell after the announcement as people would want a piece of the successful action. Insider trading would be selling based on information not yet public eg selling your shares before the company was going to declare bankruptcy and you knew about it. All that’s happened here is an announcement was made, people started to buy shares pushing up their value and he sold shares to realise the capital. Notice the graph is coming down quickly so it’s a case of timing it right to get the maximum money.
This is a little questionable (and I'm sure the SEC will question it.) He had to have known what his stop sell point was since he had to specify it at some time. He had to have known the effect of the announcement. There must be a prior ruling on automated sell programs since corporations announce good news all the time and all these guys own masses of stock, which is what's the underpinning of what's totally wrong with US corporate governance today, but that's another story. I expect they will poke around to make sure the sell was set up a good long time ago. Even so, a little in poor taste for the CEO of a corp to even plan to reduce his risk of ownership while he's CEO.

I don't know her other than she's a mod on a facebook page. She locked people's ability to reply after stating she volunteers for shifts on a covid ward, she's getting told off by a few people.
People can just ignore her, I guess.

I don't know her other than she's a mod on a facebook page. She locked people's ability to reply after stating she volunteers for shifts on a covid ward, she's getting told off by a few people.
In the US it is not possible to volunteer in a covid facility. Either you come out of retirement and work as a certified health care worker, and you have to complete training, or you stay home. I was very nicely asked to stay home from a volunteer position in March well before the hospital had seen an actual case. It would surprise me if the UK were different.

Back