• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Excessive Plastic Surgery: Real, Fake & Urban Legends

Reminds me of Lolo Ferrari, the glamour model who had a lot of cosmetic surgery on her face and breasts, UK TV viewers will remember her from Eurotrash. She eventually committed suicide, and the photos they showed on a tribute programme of her before the surgery were of a perfectly attractive young woman, not the punchline she turned herself into. The surgeons may have had blood on their hands, so to speak.

This the only plastic surgery thread I can find, surely we have others?
Anyway, look at this horrific state of a woman. She seems to have really done this although the photos look fake.
Nurse Has Spent Over £55,000 On Plastic Surgery And Is Planning Even More

Does anyone else wonder whether this could be another attention-grabbing hoax like the Iranian woman Sahar Tabar, who claimed deformity from plastic surgeries intended to make her look like Angelina Jolie?

See this thead:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sahar-tabar-jolie-lookalike-hoax-iran.67906/

... and also:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/iranian-woman-angelina-jolie-plastic-surgery/

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/zombiefied-angelina-jolie-look-a-like-reveals-shes-a-total-fraud/

Last edited:
Several 'plastic surgery disaster' stories are scattered across the WTF? and Stupidity Threads, I think.

This one stands out as tragic.

How it occurred:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/great-acts-of-stupidity.10939/page-12#post-1320730

kor2_1111849c.jpg

I've seen it on two different browsers and a phone so I dunno.

You might try an image search on her name, Tara Jayne McConachy.
OK, that works.
What a mess she is. Oh dear, those lips.
She was quite attractive before all the surgery.

I've seen it on two different browsers and a phone so I dunno.

You might try an image search on her name, Tara Jayne McConachy.

She's really outdone herself.

I honestly think that the only part of her body that doesn't look grotesque (in the strict sense) is her forehead (although it is conspicuously smooth, but that could be photo-shop).

Literally everything else is deformed or contorted.

She's really outdone herself.

I honestly think that the only part of her body that doesn't look grotesque (in the strict sense) is her forehead (although it is conspicuously smooth, but that could be photo-shop).

Literally everything else is deformed or contorted.
It does look like she has anorexia.

We're watching The Undoing, starring Nicole Kidman. There was a scene which I had to freeze and look again at because she appeared so, well, hideous.

Couldn't think at first whom she remained me of but it's Jocelyn Wildenstein.

People with loads of work seem to start resembling each other. I'm wondering if the stuff they had squirted into heir faces slips down and gives them the same lantern jaw effect.

Nicole Kidman.jpg

I have noticed people with a lot of work done have a shiny look to them, apart from the difficulty in forming expressions. Nicole's a good girl, though, it's a pity she had to get all this to stay at the top.

I have noticed people with a lot of work done have a shiny look to them, apart from the difficulty in forming expressions. Nicole's a good girl, though, it's a pity she had to get all this to stay at the top.

True, it's not like over'ere where actors feel freer to look their age.

In The Undoing Kidman (53) and Hugh Grant (60) play the parents of Henry, a young teenager. It's a little unlikely.

Grant hasn't had work done, or if he has it didn't work! He looks every minute of his age and a bit ancient to have a child Henry's age.
Or maybe that's the point, as the plot unfolds.
Wouldn't have him any other way.

In The Undoing Kidman (53) and Hugh Grant (60) play the parents of Henry, a young teenager. It's a little unlikely.

Grant hasn't had work done, or if he has it didn't work! He looks every minute of his age and a bit ancient to have a child Henry's age.
Young teenager? So, Nicole's character would have been 40 or under when she had Henry and Grant's character late 40s, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility. One of my friends is 49 with two young kids, and his wife was in her 40s when she had both of them. This seems much less extreme than some couples in movies with wildly mismatched ages – eg Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones in Entrapment, most films starring Audrey Hepburn etc. The list is pretty much endless...

And I'm with you on Hugh Grant – absolutely fantastic in Paddington 2 (which is a sublime film for people of any age).

Young teenager? So, Nicole's character would have been 40 or under when she had Henry and Grant's character late 40s, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility. One of my friends is 49 with two young kids, and his wife was in her 40s when she had both of them. This seems much less extreme than some couples in movies with wildly mismatched ages – eg Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones in Entrapment, most films starring Audrey Hepburn etc. The list is pretty much endless...

And I'm with you on Hugh Grant – absolutely fantastic in Paddington 2 (which is a sublime film for people of any age).

Not saying it's impossible, just a stretch. Kidman and Grant have landed the parts by being big stars and it shows.

He is also a man though. Men are permitted to age. I'm a bit surprised Kidman is permitted on camera at all, work or no work. It's horrible. Of course she would still be beautiful if she had allowed herself to age naturally. But they aren't allowed to really.

He is also a man though. Men are permitted to age. I'm a bit surprised Kidman is permitted on camera at all, work or no work. It's horrible. Of course she would still be beautiful if she had allowed herself to age naturally. But they aren't allowed to really.

Yup, exactly. English male actors might feel able to have normal faces. Also Canadian males, if Donald Sutherland is typical.

Our dear elderly English leading ladies, such as Sheila Hancock and the Dames Maggie Smith and Judi Dench would agree.
(Why isn't Sheila Hancock a Dame yet?)

It's about dignity. Owning your face and accepting your age.
Coco Chanel said 'Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.' She'd know!

Why isn't Sheila Hancock a Dame yet?
She probably hasn't cosied up to the right people recently.
She does have an OBE and a CBE, though.

Yup, exactly. English male actors might feel able to have normal faces. Also Canadian males, if Donald Sutherland is typical.

Our dear elderly English leading ladies, such as Sheila Hancock and the Dames Maggie Smith and Judi Dench would agree.
(Why isn't Sheila Hancock a Dame yet?)

It's about dignity. Owning your face and accepting your age.
Coco Chanel said 'Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.' She'd know!

It's not helped by fuckwits having a go at the likes of Bridget Bardot.

This seems much less extreme than some couples in movies with wildly mismatched ages – eg Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones in
Catherine Zeta Jones as an example of mismatched ages may not be the best example here.

He is also a man though. Men are permitted to age.
Grant has actually said he couldn't wait to look more grizzled. Whilst thankful for the regular work, he did feel trapped by the rom-com, boyish fop image. And he can really act - enjoyed The Undoing immensely, and he was brilliant as Thorpe in "A Very British Scandal" last year (amusingly playing Ben Wishaw's antagonist again, albeit in rather different circumstances.) I've heard a lot of women say they find him more handsome now than when he was younger.
I'm a bit surprised Kidman is permitted on camera at all, work or no work. It's horrible. Of course she would still be beautiful if she had allowed herself to age naturally. But they aren't allowed to really.
Saying that, she and Kylie Minogue are the same age, and friends, but they look markedly different in that respect.. According to Mrs N (who knows about these things) Kylie's got good genes anyway, but reckons if Kylie has had work done it's incredibly subtle: she looks entirely natural in the manner of someone who takes a lot of care of themselves and knows how to use cosmetics properly. Up close her face moves properly, basically.

Reminds me of Lolo Ferrari, the glamour model who had a lot of cosmetic surgery on her face and breasts, UK TV viewers will remember her from Eurotrash. She eventually committed suicide, and the photos they showed on a tribute programme of her before the surgery were of a perfectly attractive young woman, not the punchline she turned herself into. The surgeons may have had blood on their hands, so to speak.

Would have been interesting to know what prescribed meds she was on.

My first impression is that it's a mask.

Then I'm afraid you need the image of her without makeup etc.

The first image of her prior to surgery is 2018.

She's on Instagram as '_just__queen_', but the content is NSFW.

E0WsTJeVUAMPH9b.jpeg

Back