• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

Well, allow me to explain. Today (yesterday, really) I was reading this article about Goodfellas:
Article

...about how it is a film beloved by bros when it's actually a takedown of toxic masculinity. Which reminded me of the Braveheart discussion here, as it's a film dripping with toxic masculinity. Hence, the cliched macho comment I attributed to Edward. So there you go.

Well, allow me to explain. Today (yesterday, really) I was reading this article about Goodfellas:
Article

...about how it is a film beloved by bros when it's actually a takedown of toxic masculinity. Which reminded me of the Braveheart discussion here, as it's a film dripping with toxic masculinity. Hence, the cliched macho comment I attributed to Edward. So there you go.

You're not even fooling yourself.

I caught the last part of the 1980 version of Flash Gordon last night. Queen soundtrack not withstanding, it was pretty damn awful.

I'm not certain of the name of this movie, but even the Nepalese are apologising everywhere I see it online for its badness:

Hang on, at the end the tiger pretty much runs away on two feet. Perhaps if we knew the story it might be they are supposed to be men dressed up as tigers?

I’m just being kind, I don’t really think they were meant to be men dressed as tigers.

My Google Fu is failing me. No matter the search term I enter, I can't find any more info aside from the clip posted (found originally on Facebook, no luck there either). Perhaps the answer is to be found in the YouTube comments, but I don't speak Nepali.

This new comedy sci-fi thriller BUTT BOY looks original, I'll give it that. A detective is hunting a man who shoves things up his arse to digest them apparently ..

abuttboy.jpg

While we're still piling in about Braveheart's lack of historical accuracy, it's worth noting that Edward I does a couple of years after William Wallace, but in the film, Longshanks dies while Wallace is still alive.
Sodding auto-correct! Too late to edit, I've just spotted that my phone changed "died" to "does". I hope that most of you clever folk worked out what I meant to say.

2001: A Space Odyssey. This film bored me to tears. I'm not being a troll like I was accused of on the old IMDb forums. The lawyer Vincent Bugliosi coined the phrase 'Toscaninni of Tedium' in the Manson trial amd I could almost swear that this film was what he had in mind.

2001: A Space Odyssey. This film bored me to tears. I'm not being a troll like I was accused of on the old IMDb forums. The lawyer Vincent Bugliosi coined the phrase 'Toscaninni of Tedium' in the Manson trial amd I could almost swear that this film was what he had in mind.
There's (thankfully) no law to say we all have to like the same thing, personally I like it and but I can understand why others don’t.

At this point I'm sure virtual everything has been mentioned from "Biggles: Adventures in Time", "The Final Countdown" and "Iron Eagle" but has anyone mentioned the Hal Needum cheese fest "MegaForce"?

There's (thankfully) no law to say we all have to like the same thing, personally I like it and but I can understand why others don’t.

In complete agreement. I saw 2001: A space Odyssey at the cinema aged 8 and I don't pretend I understood it - that took the book 'Starchild' and the release of 2010 some 25 years later. But the sets, the music, the scenes of mild peril - all before Star Trek, before Man had landed on the moon for real - confusing, maybe pretentious but not boring.

At this point I'm sure virtual everything has been mentioned from "Biggles: Adventures in Time", "The Final Countdown" and "Iron Eagle" but has anyone mentioned the Hal Needum cheese fest "MegaForce"?

The film that confirms Noel Edmonds is gay! Sort of.

A couple of months ago, I made the mistake of starting to watch Verotika. It's on Shudder. I didn't finish this 'horror anthology', because it's beyond awful.

Back