• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Monoliths' Found In Utah & Elsewhere (2020-2021)

It's certainly not otherworldly craftsmanship.

What is the fringe community saying about it? (I can't manage to trawl through the muck to find out.)
We already know what Giorgio Tsoukalos would say, or not...

1606402538986.png

not otherworldly.....(etc)

Aaaaaah...but....how do we know that 'aliens' don't use rivets, and saws, and silicone? Huh?
I mean, just because they're advanced enough to make spaceships to traverse the great cosmic distances, doesn't also mean that their DIY skills are any more advanced than ours does it?
By way of example - I could never design, create, and build a sports car..... but I drive one. And I can use a saw and drill and silicone etc.
So 'aliens' would fly their spaceship that some other alien built for them. And before they left they'd bung their tools in the back in case they wanted to engage in a bit of off-world monolith erection.

I noticed the wording from the Utah Safety Department, whether alien or man made, this monolith is in violation of public safety!

So aliens, you are violating the law.
Yes..of course...someone might run into it with their car.
:hahazebs:

People have found & visited it.

Video from the dozens - perhaps even hundreds of people - who have already visited the location suggest a professional job. Three large sheets of what appears to be stainless steel were riveted together, with the inside left hollow. Whoever put it there used heavy-duty tools to cut into the bedrock and embed the structure.

"One person alone could not have done it so there is a group of people who have some knowledge of it somewhere," said Wendy Wischer of the University of Utah's School of Fine Art. "Most artists want some recognition for what they are doing but this seems to include a level of humour and mystery as part of the intention."

Utah monolith: Has the mysterious metal object disappeared?

A mysterious metal monolith discovered last week in the desert in the US state of Utah has disappeared, officials say.
Utah's Bureau of Land Management said it had seen credible reports the object had been removed "by an unknown party".
Social media images apparently from the site show a pile of rocks and a small piece of metal left behind.
The discovery of the 12ft (3.7m) high object sparked a national guessing game as to how it got there, and saw dozens of people pay a visit in recent days.
The strange metal object was first spotted on 18 November by a helicopter crew counting big horn sheep from the air, in a remote south-eastern area of Utah.
News of its discovery and speculation over its origins quickly went viral on social media, with many observers presuming it was an art installation left by a sculptor.
As yet no-one has claimed responsibility for installing the structure.
(c) BBC.'20

I wonder where it'll turn up next?

Greenland maybe?

Utah. Don't the Mormons have a thing about if you're really good, you get to work your way up the ladder after death, and you eventually get a go at being God (or a God) with the destiny of your own world to form and steer? Therefore our God might have put it there as a signpost to those with eyes to see... "One day, Son, all this will be yours! Obey your elders, do the missionary work, read the Book of Mormon, and one day..."

Seriously... it looks like a brushed-steel panel from a construction site, external cladding or ornamental work. I'd look for a large fairly recently constructed building in Salt Lake City or Provo with this sort of brushed/polished metal work on the outside - I'm just betting there'll be one, with hundreds of metal panels built into its construction, which will be absolutely identical in dimensions. Bored construction workers, perhaps, deciding to fly-tip a surplus bit of site waste - but artistically...

I was wondering how long it would last there once found - it was only a matter of time before some fucker stole it.

Another decent article on it..
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...tahs-compares-monolith-movie-2001/6420968002/
..as mentioned apparently it's gone now....though the govt claim they didn't remove it. ....right....
It would not be the first thing they have made to vanish...

https://www.otherhand.org/home-page...llison-mine-hike-circa-1973-yes-friggin-1973/

That link goes to a story about a very substantial mining operation, or the ruins of one, that mysteriously disappeared in the 70s. It's an interesting story about an interesting place, with video and photos.

The "monolith" (which is really just an odd shaped steel box) could have been carted off by others, but I doubt it. Photos show it was set into a hole formed by three saw cuts in the rock. Those cuts were made by someone with experience and a serious machine, though it was probably a concrete saw with a chainsaw engine, so portable enough. Anyway, I don't think it would have taken much pushing the structure back and forth to loosen it.

What would one do with such a "prize"? Keep it in the secret clubhouse?

You don't think the gummint would do such a thing?

It would not be the first thing they have made to vanish...

https://www.otherhand.org/home-page...llison-mine-hike-circa-1973-yes-friggin-1973/

That link goes to a story about a very substantial mining operation, or the ruins of one, that mysteriously disappeared in the 70s. It's an interesting story about an interesting place, with video and photos.

The "monolith" (which is really just an odd shaped steel box) could have been carted off by others, but I doubt it. Photos show it was set into a hole formed by three saw cuts in the rock. Those cuts were made by someone with experience and a serious machine, though it was probably a concrete saw with a chainsaw engine, so portable enough. Anyway, I don't think it would have taken much pushing the structure back and forth to loosen it.

What would one do with such a "prize"? Keep it in the secret clubhouse?

Interesting article & film. Presumably mining for gold - it doesn't say.

That's a very interesting site with a lot of good stuff on it.

Hmmm... Maybe the owner retrieved it, but took along a leftover part from its construction to fill the hole. Doesn't look like it was deep enough into the rock to stay upright for very long. I suppose the claim it was placed in 2015 or 2016 is likely.

No matter who removed it, having it vanish as mysteriously as it appeared is the best possible outcome for the BLM. It was private property, so its "theft" is none of their concern. There won't be a steady supply of pilgrims getting lost or stranded in a place many of them really have no business being. It will soon be forgotten. Having a BLM crew remove it (and saying so) would be much more complicated.

Back