• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I dreamt of my grandad, who died when I was 2. . Anyway. We were walking along, I was following along with someone else and he was telling me stuff but he was talking in a Scottish accent I asked "grandad where are you from?". He replied "Edinburgh", I told the other person I was with that I'd thought it was Edinburgh, though in real life he most definetley wasn't scottish in the slightest.

I have a really vivid memory of him but I wonder if it is really the memory of a really vivid dream I had when still really young.

Last night's dream had the overtones of either a TV programe or a book, although I was right in the middle of the action.

First, an 'opening shot' type of scene. A man, a killer. He'd killed lots of girls in his flat and hidden the bodies, either stuffed them up the chimney or hidden beneath the floor, I'm not quite sure what. He took their clothes and trophies.

Then I was in the flat with a bunch of young students, one was a young man with whom I had some kind of connection. Suddenly both he and I start getting images, impressions of what happened before in the flat. It seemed to be centred on me, as though I could 'see' what was happening and he could only feel it. We were sitting around a table in a living room, the others were taking notes and recordings, as though we were some kind of 'ghost hunting' unit. I was very very drawn to this young man (although in real life I would be old enough to be his mother, and have zero interest in very young men, or, indeed, most men at all) and he to me, although we couldn't do anything about it.

Then I was out and about, until (and this is my first EVER lockdown type dream) I got a text, telling me I had to isolate in this flat with these same people. I went to the flat, slightly confused, to find a young blonde girl freaking completely about lockdown and all of us trying to work out what had happened in there. My last image was of us conducting almost a seance, which seemed to consist of me walking around touching the walls and saying whatever came into my head, while this young man watched me.

The whole thing had overtones almost of a Doctor Who episode (not sure why, but that was kept springing to my mind during the dream) and also had shades of the kind of fiction I write (a romance with a slow-burn, and reasons why the couple can't be together). The flat itself was quite dark, oddly shaped and intriguing.

My dreams have calmed down since the early days of the pandemic, but I had a bloody weird one last night. I dreamed I was a soldier at war (non-specific) and involved in an assault on opposing forces. I remember really, genuinely fearing for my life as we exchanged fire from behind a dead tank at what seemed like some kind of end-of-level boss firing at us from a platform.... you know, as in it's one dude verses several yet he seemed impervious to our bullets.

The really weird thing is that the guy we were shooting at and were taking fire from was one of my favourite musicians, Devin Townsend. *shrug*

Last night had a dream where I was walking near my house and met two men who were in uniform.
White shirts, waistcoats, name badges.
They announced themselves as a sort of additional police force focussed on anti-social crimes, and were chasing a man.
I briefly spoke to one of them, and continued walking home.
After this, it occurred to me that neither he nor I had been wearing a face mask, and so I was worried about catching Covid.

Then I woke up.

I cut my head open before Christmas (the wound is only a few cm's long but head wounds don't half bleed! I looked in the mirror at one point and saw Carrie staring back) and currently have skin glue over it, which is just at about the point where it should start peeling off and I have a little anxiety about that.

Well last night I dreamed it slid off and the wound opened up and bled everywhere again. Lovely.

I cut my head open before Christmas (the wound is only a few cm's long but head wounds don't half bleed! .
Yep they certainly do. A couple of years ago I slipped on my drive and split my arm open, bleeding profusely I rushed inside and wrapped it in a huge towel. Had to sit down and suddenly realised blood was dripping heavily on the floor - I'd split my forehead open as well and the scar is still quite prominent. (tell everyone who asks it's a duelling scar) . I've dreamt of the event a few times with blood flowing down the drive into the gutter on the road. Rather unpleasant and when I wake up I find myself touching my forehead (well just to be sure).

Yep they certainly do. A couple of years ago I slipped on my drive and split my arm open, bleeding profusely I rushed inside and wrapped it in a huge towel. Had to sit down and suddenly realised blood was dripping heavily on the floor - I'd split my forehead open as well and the scar is still quite prominent. (tell everyone who asks it's a duelling scar) . I've dreamt of the event a few times with blood flowing down the drive into the gutter on the road. Rather unpleasant and when I wake up I find myself touching my forehead (well just to be sure).

My son was attacked by a rabbit when he was about four. It left him with a small scar on the side of his face, which he tells everyone is a duelling scar (because, being a 26 year old bloke, 'I was attacked by a rabbit' just doesn't get the girls like a duelling scar...)

My son was attacked by a rabbit when he was about four. It left him with a small scar on the side of his face, which he tells everyone is a duelling scar (because, being a 26 year old bloke, 'I was attacked by a rabbit' just doesn't get the girls like a duelling scar...)

At the beach in 2019 with all the family plus a couple of hangers-on, and the youngsters had gone off down to the sea, but then returned with the Teenager dripping blood from a cut above her eye. Somebody had shied a stone that had bounced awkwardly and hit her face. It wasn't a bad cut, but our line was that she had been attacked by a shark...

At some point between 4.30am and 6 am, I was dreaming about trying to catch an Underground train to Paddington Station, and being stuck somewhere like Edgeware Road (except it wasn't). The train didn't come, and when it did it was shunted off to another line, and the person I was with was getting worried about making our Paddington connection. Very random.
That would be a nightmare for me, stuck at Edgware Road in tier 4 so none of the Middle Eastern restaurants would be open. Horrible, horrible dream!

Don’t knock the rabbits...

Don’t knock the rabbits...

We have been known to quote that scene to him - fortunately as a family that is our favourite film!

In other news, last night I dreamed that rabbit-scarred son (to differentiate him from his older, non-rabbit-scarred brother) phoned me up to ask me to go out and help him start his car. I know in real life his car battery has been playing up, and in the dream I was concerned that it had given up all together. But that's a lot of car-related dreams in my world recently.

. . . returned with the Teenager dripping blood from a cut above her eye. Somebody had shied a stone that had bounced awkwardly and hit her face.
I'm glad it didn't hit her eye! You must be even happier it didn't! :nails:

I'm glad it didn't hit her eye! You must be even happier it didn't! :nails:

Indeed I was! It was also amusing in its own way as her dad is a GP and her older brother is a junior doctor, and both of them went off to the lifeguards' post with her, so she was probably the most well-cared for casualty on the beach all day.

I dreamt I was making a fried egg on toast, but the egg wasn't frying very well so I added milk. This didn't go very well either (funny, that) so there was only one thing to do: eat my duvet. It tasted like lemons.

Was it nice and fluffy too? Fluffy eggs, fluffy duvets—they make the best breakfasts!

Very interesting, and odd that you haven't had that dream since lockdown. Does it (if you'll permit me to ask) in any way, relate to what you 'do' in your waking life?

Your other dream with the hydrangeas and orangutans sounds quite charming :)
Sorry, only just picked this up. In real life I was until a few weeks ago an Occupational safety Officer. However, your question made me think, Before coming to the UK my family were originally escaped/ dumped slaves and more latterly domestic staff . May be this is an ancestral dream.

yes the orang dream was lovely, I was buoyed up all day.

At the beginning of last week I was still in self isolation after having tested positive but attempted to work from home. On the Monday I had a number of Skype type calls and during one of them the lethargy just took over and, without realising it, I had slipped into a sort of semi-dream state. One minute I was trying to focus on what was being said in the meeting, the next I was laying back in my chair, eyes closed, looking at what could best be described as a constantly evolving/moving/rotating psychedelic stone face.
I have never experienced a drug induced trip but I would imagine that this experience would be comparable.
It did bring back to mind a time when I was about 10 years old and had developed a large abscess under a tooth, the infection had brought on a fever and though I slept a lot during that time, when I was awake it seemed to be in a sort of separate reality.
I only experienced that one instance during the Covid infection and it was fleeting, but boy was it weird!

I was in a house with my brother, sister, & a friend of hers, we were all several decades younger, & was woken up early in the morning by an electronic alarm going off in one of their rooms. They were downstairs for some reason, I was upstairs. Bloody thing didn't stop so I got up, went down, found the room, went in & switched the mobile off. Brother sound asleep & didn't budge. Meanwhile another went off in another room, went to the room & again switched the phone off, again sister was sound asleep. Another had meanwhile gone off in the friends room & I was on my way there thinking what the feck.

Then I woke up & my cordless landline downstairs was bleeping repetitively with some sort of alert. Had to go down & take it out of it's holder to stop it.

At the beginning of last week I was still in self isolation after having tested positive but attempted to work from home.
Wow! Sounds like you had the irresistible sleepiness. I hope you are completely well now! :gluck:

Last night's dream was about being involved in some kind of group meeting. We were moving from pub to pub, sitting and chatting in each (and, I noticed, even in my dream state I was aware that I couldn't drink alcohol). I ended up sitting with a young man, teasing him about being a 'hipster', with his beard and glasses, sitting around a table on a high balcony on the upper floor of something more like a theatre or cinema, with crowds of people down below drinking and talking. I was holding a small child, wondering if its nappy needed changing and whether I'd have time to do that when I got home, when a parrot flew through the air just below the balcony. It was small and multi coloured, I wondered for a moment if it was a lovebird. It had red flashes and an almost lacy white tail. I held the child up to see the bird, and whistled to it (the bird, not the child, that would have been odd), which flew over and perched on my finger for a while to let the child stroke it. Then it fluttered off down into the crowd below us again. I ruffled the hair of the man I was sitting with and said something along the lines of 'stick with me kid, it gets weirder'. Then I woke up.

My dreams are just getting odder and odder: last night's concerned carbon fibre robots, time travel and a dream within a dream within a dream. I deliberately scratched my arm in one dream to see whether the scratches would be there when I woke up, and they were. And then of course I woke up... again! There was a James Bond-baddie-like character and I was trying to convince him about the existence of time travel, when he turned evil. so I stabbed him in the neck with an electric razor/hair trimmer, only to find he was a robot underneath his skin!!

There was also a theatrical performance of Dracula, the first part on Monday evening and I was due to see the second part on Thursday. It involved a hand puppet at one point.

I can't recall most of my dream from early this morning, but in one part I was testing the best way to throw a javelin, but without the javelin. It was very vivid. I wanted to figure out how to maximize momentum in my throwing arm. I ran and tried "throwing" when my right foot hit the floor and then when my left foot hit the floor. It was a very physical sensation.

My dream from the second half of last night was particularly vivid.

I was in a sort of static caravan or mobile home and someone opened a white envelope and started counting out money onto a sort of trestle table.
I got the impression that it was the proceeds of some minor crime or vaguely dodgy deal.
The weird thing though was that the money was in old pound notes and fivers.
The detail that my dream memory recalled was incredible. I remember staring at the swirly lines and other intricate motifs on the green and blue bank notes and thinking "wow! I haven't seen those old things in decades and they must have been really difficult to counterfeit".
I then had a rummage around in my wallet and produced a pound coin dated 2001 - it was one of the old round ones, rather than the octagonal newbies.
The man with the bank notes examined the coin with a baffled look and said how is that possible?
I said "I'm from your future".
Unfortunately I woke after this.
A shame, as I would have loved to see how the time slip dream played out!

I don't normally remember my dreams after I wake up - I'm left with just a vague feeling that I've been been dreaming, but no recall of what they entailed.

The early hours of Monday morning was different.

I dreamt that I hadn't fed the chickens since Thursday. I'd put them into their coop then. In the dream I was aware that it'd been three days since I'd done that and that it had been freezing weather since then and I'd left them without food and water all that time. I was beside myself.

I woke up and was out of bed with one leg in my trousers (with visions of dead and dying chickens in their coop still dancing in my imagination) when it dawned on me that:

1. I live in a flat and have no garden
  2. I don't keep, and nor have I ever kept chickens
I was still so upset and guilty feeling that I couldn't go back to bed and just got up and watched TV for the remainder of the night. :(

I dreamed I was a student in a city I've never been to. I was a second year, and there was a vague confused whirl of a bunch of us going out partying, looking for an address in a street by knocking on all the doors, and sitting by a shopping centre near a river. My ex was there too and I was appalled to find that we were now a couple again. At some point I was with a man with a car, who somehow knocked me out and threw me into the car (which was white and old- fashioned). I lay on the back seat, knowing I wasn't really unconscious and trying to work out how to get out as he drove.

I woke up in floods of tears at the impossibility of my situation. I think that's probably more a reflection on life today than the dream! Oh, and for all the realism of the 'student' thing - I was never a student. Well, I was, but I didn't go to Uni until I was in my forties, and did my degree part time. so the dream in no way reflects my reality!

I was dreaming that my son had got back together with his somewhat crazy ex-girlfriend, and they now had a kitten together. The way that the kitten was carried about and fussed over makes me think that it was an analogy for a baby.

Happily this is very unlikely to happen.

Back