• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Selina Scott’s Phantom Resident

Amergin

Foundation and Umpire
Did anybody spot in the Guardian today, an interview with Selina Scott:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...n-trump-prince-andrew-frank-bough-and-the-bbc

...wherein she mentions living with a ghost? Here is the relevant passage:

I ask if she has always lived by herself. Her guard goes up. “Errr … I’ve got a ghost I live with at the moment.” And now she’s telling me about how one morning, 10 years ago, she came downstairs and one of her dogs was hiding in the old Tudor chimney while the other had ripped every door apart. “Ever since then the dogs have refused to sleep in the house. I’ve had a priest from Ripon around here to look at it. He said that it’s a benign ghost, a serene ghost, and I said: ‘Well, tell my dogs.’” Does she talk to the ghost? “No I’m not that crackers. Yet. I know it’s around, and it’s in a particular part of the house.”

I try to go back to the previous question. “I’m not going to tell you,” she replies before I’m finished. “Why should I be pigeonholed? Everyone is individual. I’ve told you that at the moment I’m living with a ghost, which is true.”i

Did anybody spot in the Guardian today, an interview with Selina Scott:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...n-trump-prince-andrew-frank-bough-and-the-bbc

...wherein she mentions living with a ghost? Here is the relevant passage:

I ask if she has always lived by herself. Her guard goes up. “Errr … I’ve got a ghost I live with at the moment.” And now she’s telling me about how one morning, 10 years ago, she came downstairs and one of her dogs was hiding in the old Tudor chimney while the other had ripped every door apart. “Ever since then the dogs have refused to sleep in the house. I’ve had a priest from Ripon around here to look at it. He said that it’s a benign ghost, a serene ghost, and I said: ‘Well, tell my dogs.’” Does she talk to the ghost? “No I’m not that crackers. Yet. I know it’s around, and it’s in a particular part of the house.”

I try to go back to the previous question. “I’m not going to tell you,” she replies before I’m finished. “Why should I be pigeonholed? Everyone is individual. I’ve told you that at the moment I’m living with a ghost, which is true.”i

LOL she's at Byland Abbey where I walk my dog sometimes. I know where's she's standing. Love that photo.

Byland is the site of the medieval ghosts or rather, where the monk lived who wrote down the only extant medieval ghost stories.

That's an interesting article btw. It lays bare all some of us suspected about the culture in the BBC in the 1980s...

IMG_0888.JPG

Last edited:
Byland isn't so far from us, we've had some lovely walks around there, up to the Observatory and around the hills. Beautiful place.

Back