• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Things As Food & Drink

Whats wrong with this peanut butter? ...

This isn't for consumption. It's a certified reference material (CRM) for use in testing, analyses, etc. As an NIST standard reference material (SRM) it has to meet requirements exceeding those for a basic CRM. In any case, spreading this special reference version of peanut butter on bread would be akin to using a prototype platinum-iridium meter bar as a prying tool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_reference_materials

Rings a bell. Is this quite an old story? Or has more than one person done it?

Have to say, my dear late dogs would've polished off that foot a treat.
I'd've boiled it up and lobbed it in their bowls and there'd've been much gladsome crunching and slurping.
First I've heard of it tbh .. I can't see if that much different to those yuppie women inviting couples round for 'eat my placenta!' dinner parties or the men inviting people to 'eat my semen based recipes!' evenings which are also both sort of technically cannibalism. Good luck to 'em all either way. Is there any tomato ketchup though or would that be rude to ask for?. It would be fun to see what impact a vegan guest would have.

First I've heard of it tbh .. I can't see if that much different to those yuppie women inviting couples round for 'eat my placenta!' dinner parties or the men inviting people to 'eat my semen based recipes!' evenings which are also both sort of technically cannibalism. Good luck to 'em all either way. Is there any tomato ketchup though or would that be rude to ask for?. It would be fun to see what impact a vegan guest would have.

Ah yup, it's from a Reddit AMA. Photos an' all originally but the Imgur link is now dead.
Americans. :chuckle:

I am a man who ate a portion of his own amputated foot. Ask me anything.

Fun and games with amputated foot meat tacos given to a man's wiling cannibalistic friends legally :dinner:

This Man Made Tacos From His Amputated Foot And Then Fed Them To His Friends | IFLScience
Awesome, if true. I've always wondered about human flesh as meat--is it more porkish or beefly? Do you cook it wet? How does it taste? And similar considerations. But since nearly everyone I know of who's eaten human flesh did so either to ward off starvation or out of a lethal perversion, I'll never know about its mundane culinary aspects and nor will anyone, except the friends of the footloose redditor.

Human flesh is supposedly similar to pork. I should imagine due to pigs having a varied diet as well.

Human flesh is supposedly similar to pork. I should imagine due to pigs having a varied diet as well.
The PNG cannibal tribes of old used to call white men 'long pigs' not sure if this was to do with the colour of their skin or the taste of their flesh

I doubt this is a genuine product but I hope it is ..

afishassholes.jpg

Snopes says nope: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/turbot-charged/

This is available in our local Woolworths. Even more disturbing is the fact that it sits in the potato chip aisle, it's not even refrigerated. What the hell is in this stuff?

crackling.jpg

This is available in our local Woolworths. Even more disturbing is the fact that it sits in the potato chip aisle, it's not even refrigerated. What the hell is in this stuff?

View attachment 41426
Pork scratchings by the look of it, a staple of any good drinking establishment in the UK, although ive never seen microwaveable versions.

View attachment 41426
I have heard of microwave pork rind before, but this is the first time I've seen a report of it being spotted in the wild. As Souleater said, it looks like an easy way to have hot chicharrones at home. It makes as much sense to put this in the snack aisle as it does to put microwave popcorn there.

It has "No preservatives, No artificial colours or flavours, No added MSG" according to one informational web site. Being a relatively dry product, uncooked pork rind "pellets" can be stored at room temperature. The manufacturer says it's good for a year after the "Best Before" date, which is longer than what bulk suppliers suggest, but perhaps sanitary packaging and the difference between "tasty" and "edible" is responsible for the discrepancy.

Is it as good as the ones you get in the butchers?

I went out with my friends a couple of nights ago; they told me some time back they loved pork scratchings so I bought a couple of bags the last time I went in the butchers.

They were so delighted.

I have heard of microwave pork rind before, but this is the first time I've seen a report of it being spotted in the wild. As Souleater said, it looks like an easy way to have hot chicharrones at home. It makes as much sense to put this in the snack aisle as it does to put microwave popcorn there.

It has "No preservatives, No artificial colours or flavours, No added MSG" according to one informational web site. Being a relatively dry product, uncooked pork rind "pellets" can be stored at room temperature. The manufacturer says it's good for a year after the "Best Before" date, which is longer than what bulk suppliers suggest, but perhaps sanitary packaging and the difference between "tasty" and "edible" is responsible for the discrepancy.
That's exactly where I found it, alongside the potato chips/crisps in between microwave popcorn and beef jerky

That's exactly where I found it, alongside the potato chips/crisps in between microwave popcorn and beef jerky
Sounds like perfect placement on the "vegetable to meat" and "cooked to needs-to-be-cooked" axes.

So you're saying it may turn you into Godzilla in the sack? ;)
Ahem...in the sack...or in the sack? (I'm quite sure that Godzilla's scrotum does not appeal to me. I have visions of pushing a wheel chair in front of me, encumbered by a mass of wrinkly elbow skin). (One shudders to one's self...)

Ahem...in the sack...or in the sack? (I'm quite sure that Godzilla's scrotum does not appeal to me. I have visions of pushing a wheel chair in front of me, encumbered by a mass of wrinkly elbow skin). (One shudders to one's self...)
Buster Gonad

Buster_gonad_viz_comic.jpg

Reactions: Jim
Back