• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

Or maybe he's just a guy holding his girlfriend's bag for a while?

8b0b844a4f5d35d2519c50b5205bb12d.jpg

My grandad was in one of the regiments that liberated Belsen. He'd never talk about it. Ever. To anyone.

The father of a family I knew in my youth had done similar. When it was shown for the first time on TV (All Our Yesterdays? The World At War?) with the bulldozers moving in, that was the first most youngsters had heard about it. As you found, people who'd been there weren't discussing it.

The father of a family I knew in my youth had done similar. When it was shown for the first time on TV (All Our Yesterdays? The World At War?) with the bulldozers moving in, that was the first most youngsters had heard about it. As you found, people who'd been there weren't discussing it.
The World at War, I believe. I watched this when it came out in 1973 when I was 10. It's on now on one of our Freesat channels but I can't bear to watch it. During one of my German History lectures at university a decade later we watched some other films from the time that make my flesh creep to this day just thinking about them (and they should make one's flesh creep). The fact that a fairly large number people deny the Holocaust happened at all makes my blood boil. And it won't be very long before there is nobody alive who can remember the war...

The World at War, I believe. I watched this when it came out in 1973 when I was 10. It's on now on one of our Freesat channels but I can't bear to watch it. During one of my German History lectures at university a decade later we watched some other films from the time that make my flesh creep to this day just thinking about them (and they should make one's flesh creep). The fact that a fairly large number people deny the Holocaust happened at all makes my blood boil. And it won't be very long before there is nobody alive who can remember the war...

Visiting Auschwitz some years ago it occurred to me that until then I hadn't grasped the enormity of the crime against humanity.
People weren't sent there to be be out of the way and robbed, it was to be killed. What was stolen from was like a by-product of mass murder.

I had to see rooms full of hair, shoes, suitcases, crutches, whatever, to get it. Even then it's too much to comprehend.

Visiting Auschwitz some years ago it occurred to me that until then I hadn't grasped the enormity of the crime against humanity.
People weren't sent there to be be out of the way and robbed, it was to be killed. What was stolen from was like a by-product of mass murder.

I had to see rooms full of hair, shoes, suitcases, crutches, whatever, to get it. Even then it's too much to comprehend.
I went to the pink synogogue in Prague which has the names of all of the Czech people killed in thw holocaust it was a terribe but moving sight

detail-of-pinkas-synagogue-wall-covered-with-the-names-of-the-victims-of-the-holocaust-prague-...jpg

The band Kiss has always been very commercial.
I feel that they reached new lows with the Hello Kitty/Kiss toilet paper.

hk-tp-02.jpg

It's not especially bad taste and was clearly done with his permission, the idea of a Stephen Hawking Action Figure is just blackly humorous in and of itself.
Don't think this from a slew of celebrity death masks popping up on a popular auction site, was done with Prof Hawking's permission.
Hawkins death mask.jpg

Somewhere I have a mug printed with a newspaper headline about Madeleine McCann and a photo of an suspect. A mug shot, in fact.
Personally I think that is in serious bad taste - but Frank Sinatra is fair game (arrested in 1938 for 'carrying on with a married woman'). The dirty devil.

Frank Sinatra_2.jpg

Well, if you're going to get arrested for anything, it might as well be for having fun.

Back