• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

'Hovering ship' spotted off Cornwall
Link - BBC News article
20210306_145948.jpg

Images of what appears to be a hovering ship have been captured as the result of a rare optical illusion off the coast of England.

David Morris took a photo of the ship near Falmouth, Cornwall.

BBC meteorologist David Braine said the "superior mirage" occurred because of "special atmospheric conditions that bend light".

He said the illusion is common in the Arctic, but can appear "very rarely" in the UK during winter.

Must admit if I'd seen it I wouldn't have known what to think.

I'm not saying anything about this...

Shoppers claim Kmart’s $9 Slouchy Comfort Pants ‘look like a vagina’
The discount supermarket has released a pair of pink trackies that some shoppers claim look like female genitalia, dubbing them “vagina pants”.

A pair of pink track pants have caught shoppers’ attention for all the wrong reasons after the baggy crotch area was described as resembling female genitalia.

A photo of Kmart’s “Slouchy Comfort Pants” were shared to the Kmart Hacks & Decor Facebook page along with the caption: “Marketing fail.”
The loungewear item features a baggy crotch area for comfort, causing excess fabric to ruffle and fold in the area.
While the original poster didn’t explicitly explain why the design of the pants featured a faux pas, it didn’t take long for comments to pour in, many dubbing the garment as “vagina pants”.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/f...a/news-story/7f0c65598f8995e9ce48a5e8dcd74fe1

“Air Force One base intruder caught after hat with 'mouse ears' gave him away.”

A man spent five hours last month freely roaming the military base where the President Joe Biden's plane is kept, after easily passing through several layers of security.

That was despite signs he did not know where he was, and his unique appearance: "On his head, he had a bright red or pink cap that partially covered his ears and had distinctive balls on top that looked a little like mouse ears," according to the otherwise heavily redacted report.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ase-intruder-caught-hat-mouse-ears-gave-away/

maximus otter

Last edited:
Back