• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I was studying the Zodiac Killer. It's all quite gruesome as you'd expect. But there's one thing that always flumaxes me. He's had many bloody killings. Heading to the end of his reign his last two confirmed killings, there's blood everywhere. He goes through all the trouble of getting out his felt tip pen and drawing on the victims car the Zodiac Sign. The question i ask is why didn't he just use their blood? It seems strange, well the whole case is strange!

Perhaps he'd planned ahead to leave a message and didn't consider the available 'grisly ink'.
Perhaps he considered that, if there was enough blood available, his fingerprint may've been (to him) unintentionally given.
Perhaps he just had a pen available, in his pocket, at the time. The message wasn't planned at the time but, after, he continued with it.
He might've planned everything out in advance - which is quite suggested - and he'd drafted the message. He wanted to be sure he would be able to write it and didn't want to hope that there was enough blood.

Perhaps he'd planned ahead to leave a message and didn't consider the available 'grisly ink'.
Perhaps he considered that, if there was enough blood available, his fingerprint may've been (to him) unintentionally given.
Perhaps he just had a pen available, in his pocket, at the time. The message wasn't planned at the time but, after, he continued with it.
He might've planned everything out in advance - which is quite suggested - and he'd drafted the message. He wanted to be sure he would be able to write it and didn't want to hope that there was enough blood.
Those are very good points and my head is more rested with it thanks

I hope you're not Unstable Bert. He's supposed to still be locked up.

Lucy Letby arrested again.

A nurse has been rearrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies and the attempted murder of another nine at the Countess of Chester Hospital.

Lucy Letby was previously arrested in 2018 and 2019 as part of a probe into deaths at the hospital's neo-natal unit. Cheshire Police has said it is investigating the deaths of 17 infants between 2015 and 2016. Ms Letby, originally from Hereford, remains in custody. The force said its investigation was "extremely challenging" but "very much active and ongoing". ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-54886213
It's one week today until Lucy Letby enters her plea at Crown Court.

He's had many bloody killings. Heading to the end of his reign his last two confirmed killings, there's blood everywhere. He goes through all the trouble of getting out his felt tip pen and drawing on the victims car the Zodiac Sign. The question i ask is why didn't he just use their blood?

Blood isn't a very good writing medium, as the nutters of the Manson family found out:

iu

iu

If you want your "brand" publicised, use felt tip.

maximus otter

Looks as if this case could turn out to be a miscarriage of justice.

Imagine for a moment what it must feel like if, as a mother, you give birth to four children, one after another, each of whom, as infants, dies from natural causes over a 10-year period.

Then imagine being wrongly accused of smothering them all and being sentenced to 30 years in jail for four terrible crimes you did not commit. That narrative is emerging as potentially the true story of Kathleen Folbigg, an Australian mother from the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales (NSW).

Branded at her trial in 2003 as "Australia's worst female serial killer", Folbigg has already spent nearly 18 years in prison after being found guilty of the manslaughter of her firstborn Caleb, and the murder of her three subsequent children, Patrick, Sarah and Laura.

But now, fresh scientific evidence is turning this case on its head. Last week a petition signed by 90 eminent scientists, science advocates and medical experts was handed to the Governor of NSW, requesting a pardon for Folbigg and her immediate release. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56355695

An interesting feature about the vile Richard Ramirez, AKA the Night Stalker, and how a superb piece of evidence in the case was blown because a politician couldn’t keep her mouth shut:

“...1,356 pairs of the model in question had shipped from Taiwan for distribution in the United States. Of these, there were only six black pairs in a size eleven and a half. Five of those six pairs were shipped to Arizona. Astonishingly, only one single pair was sent to Los Angeles, and that was the pair Ramirez wore.”

The Tale of a Shoe, My Father, and the Night Stalker

maximus otter

I got sidetracked looking at criminals like Butch Cassidy and the Wild Bunch last night and ran across this guy, who used to live in Corvallis, where I used to live. Horrible :(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Brudos
I thought he sounded familiar, The tv series Mindhunter. The man characters bribed him to give them interviews by bringing him shoes.

The Australian press has
Looks as if this case could turn out to be a miscarriage of justice.

Imagine for a moment what it must feel like if, as a mother, you give birth to four children, one after another, each of whom, as infants, dies from natural causes over a 10-year period.

Then imagine being wrongly accused of smothering them all and being sentenced to 30 years in jail for four terrible crimes you did not commit. That narrative is emerging as potentially the true story of Kathleen Folbigg, an Australian mother from the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales (NSW).

Branded at her trial in 2003 as "Australia's worst female serial killer", Folbigg has already spent nearly 18 years in prison after being found guilty of the manslaughter of her firstborn Caleb, and the murder of her three subsequent children, Patrick, Sarah and Laura.

But now, fresh scientific evidence is turning this case on its head. Last week a petition signed by 90 eminent scientists, science advocates and medical experts was handed to the Governor of NSW, requesting a pardon for Folbigg and her immediate release. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56355695

The Australian press has an assumption and inclination to crucify any woman who's child has died in unusual circumstances, R.M., and, there is a percentage of Australian humanity that just can't/won't/don't think for themselves.

Lindy Chamberlain was crucified, along with her family, on circumstantial evidence - and now Kathleen Folbigg's guilt (established circumstantially) is now very much in question. I wish her well.

Perhaps the horror of the perceived crime overrules the critical thinking of the case by the general public.

The Australian press has

The Australian press has an assumption and inclination to crucify any woman who's child has died in unusual circumstances, R.M., and, there is a percentage of Australian humanity that just can't/won't/don't think for themselves.

Lindy Chamberlain was crucified, along with her family, on circumstantial evidence - and now Kathleen Folbigg's guilt (established circumstantially) is now very much in question. I wish her well.
Truly awful if she has been wrongly imprisoned.

Perhaps the horror of the perceived crime overrules the critical thinking of the case by the general public.

Yeah Nah SK...These are vindictive, vicious, shitty little people who will constantly think the worst of people and can't wait to sink the boot in...self gratification at another's misfortune.

I understand the Germans recognised this in people and have a word for it.

Rose: Making of a Monster

On Ch 5 player.

Interesting but disturbing. It focuses on Rose but of course features Fred as well. They both had abusive childhoods, both had sex with their parents, Rose probably started at a very young age. That's gotta fuck you up to start off. She continued with her dad into her adulthood. Fred's dad & Fred himself had sex with animals. She killed 10 girls & started with her stepdaughter at the age of 17. Much more.

Interviews with people who knew her & professionals involved in the case. There's some repetition where they recap after ad breaks.

Rose: Making of a Monster

On Ch 5 player.

Interesting but disturbing. It focuses on Rose but of course features Fred as well. They both had abusive childhoods, both had sex with their parents, Rose probably started at a very young age. That's gotta fuck you up to start off. She continued with her dad into her adulthood. Fred's dad & Fred himself had sex with animals. She killed 10 girls & started with her stepdaughter at the age of 17. Much more.

Interviews with people who knew her & professionals involved in the case. There's some repetition where they recap after ad breaks.
I watched that and thought it was really informative.

Learned a few new things mainly about her childhood that I hadn't known.

An interesting feature about the vile Richard Ramirez, AKA the Night Stalker, and how a superb piece of evidence in the case was blown because a politician couldn’t keep her mouth shut:

“...1,356 pairs of the model in question had shipped from Taiwan for distribution in the United States. Of these, there were only six black pairs in a size eleven and a half. Five of those six pairs were shipped to Arizona. Astonishingly, only one single pair was sent to Los Angeles, and that was the pair Ramirez wore.”

The Tale of a Shoe, My Father, and the Night Stalker

maximus otter
Careless talk costs lives.

Yeah, the story was pretty feckin grim & sordid. Talk about disastrous & tragic upbringings..
Yeah both they're upbringings certainly can provide some explanations as to why and how they turned out in the way that they did.

It can never excuse what they did though.

I noticed they described how her father groomed rose but they didn't say that for Fred's mother introducing and having sex with him.

I wonder why they didn't describe Fred's mother as grooming him too or if it's coz they are not absolutely sure she did but they know Rose's father definitely did.

I guess I just found it a bit odd that they would call Rose's father a groomer but not Fred's mother coz if she did have sex with him, surely she would be a female groomer?

Yeah both they're upbringings certainly can provide some explanations as to why and how they turned out in the way that they did.

It can never excuse what they did though.

I noticed they described how her father groomed rose but they didn't say that for Fred's mother introducing and having sex with him.

I wonder why they didn't describe Fred's mother as grooming him too or if it's coz they are not absolutely sure she did but they know Rose's father definitely did.

I guess I just found it a bit odd that they would call Rose's father a groomer but not Fred's mother coz if she did have sex with him, surely she would be a female groomer?

Probably just a reflection on the fact that men do 99.9% recurring of all grooming, whether of girls or boys. However you look at it, they both had horribly dysfunctional childhoods, about as bad as you can imagine, the effects of which drastically affected their adult life.

Their parents also seemed to have terrible parents who fucked them up as well. A long stream of generational fuck ups. I wonder how far it goes back..

They fuck you up, your mum & dad..

Probably just a reflection on the fact that men do 99.9% recurring of all grooming, whether of girls or boys. However you look at it, they both had horribly dysfunctional childhoods, about as bad as you can imagine, the effects of which drastically affected their adult life.

Their parents also seemed to have terrible parents who fucked them up as well. A long stream of generational fuck ups. I wonder how far it goes back..

They fuck you up, your mum & dad..
I read a book a few years ago on them both but I can't remember the author.

I kept on needing to have a break from it coz I found it so distressing and disturbing.

I do hope their children manage to somehow break the cycle rather than pass on their generational trauma.

Trevor Hardy, once known as The Beast of Manchester!

A serial killer of the 1970s, eclipsed in notoriety by the Yorkshire Ripper, but now largely forgotten.

His offending merited a whole-life sentence and he died inside. This short video raises a lot of questions . . .

Just how many of these offenders are there? :oops:

In the UK, women are killed by men on average every three days. So murder is still happening, just more on a one on one basis. Many have channelled their misogyny into online intimidation instead. Saves them leaving the house.

Back