• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

In my dream I was looking up the weather for August - I usually do that online but in this it was on an electronic barometer with a screen on it. It had symbols and said come the end of that month the temperature would be a hundred degrees Celsius! One of the symbols was of a dome, maybe a flying saucer.

A typically disjointed dream - started off with Donald Trump in a sort of Would I Lie To You/Unbelievable Truth scenario in which he made a short statement which contained some untruths, the only things from which I remember are peach trees & also cakes.

It then switched to an art shop/gallery in which I & some friends were browsing paintings for sale. Kenny Everett was there & noticed as I started to roll a spliff surreptitiously then spilled the contents. They had an antique art deco looking hoover which I coveted & managed to buy from them for a tenner.

I'm even having more vivid dreams during naps.

Took a nice little nap this afternoon and somehow wound up dreaming of a Bob's Burgers/Simpsons crossover (which never happened) and it was just bizarre.

The little that I remember was something about an elderly couple staying with Bob and trying to keep him out of some kind of scam and Homer being sent to prison and freaking out about not having beer. Then he gets out of prison and misses some lifetime opportunity...like there was a keg and it exploded because he couldn't get to it fast enough.

Geez. I can't wait until everyone's vaccinated. These dreams are getting weirder by the moment.

They had an antique art deco looking hoover which I coveted & managed to buy from them for a tenner.
Jeff Koons (a pop artist for non-artnerds) who, IIRC, started his assent to fame by spending his last dime on Hoover vacuum cleaners which he made into an iconic sculpture. He was nearly broke and living at his parent's house at the time. He thought his career was over and felt like a failure, but these vacuum cleaners called to him. The sculpture was a big hit with the right gallery owner, and the rest is money making history. Sounds like a crazy dream, but it's real life.
Koons.jpg

I had two, horribly vivid dreams last night. The first involved me owning a rat called Charlie, who was dying, curled up in my hands. He had blue, filmy eyes, like a kitten, and i woke up horribly upset, even though I haven't owned any rats for at least ten years on account of having a terrier.

The second dream involved me getting married in a Southern Asian country. There was a huge hotel but my room and family were elsewhere and I spent a lot of time running back and forth between the hotel and where I was staying, trying to sort out arrangements. There were several other weddings going on at the same time and I kept running into groups of women all getting ready either for their own wedding or for mine, and I didn't recognise any of them. I wanted to have a shower before the ceremony, but everyone kept telling me not to bother, until, in the end, I asked some random people if I could use their shower.

I was going to wear the wedding dress I wore for my last wedding. It's a dress I love and had, apparently, brought with me, but then started worrying that it would mean bad luck for the marriage as my previous one ended badly. In the end of another mad dash to the hotel, I met two writer friends standing on the steps waiting to go in and was encouraged and flattered that they'd come so far to be at my wedding. I also realised I hadn't tried the dress on for years and hoped it would still fit (although in real life I'm a size smaller than I was when I last married). No idea WHO I was supposed to me marrying though!

All very 'anxiety' related dreams. I'm feeling a trifle overloaded at the moment, I'd guess that's why.

Jeff Koons (a pop artist for non-artnerds) who, IIRC, started his assent to fame by spending his last dime on Hoover vacuum cleaners which he made into an iconic sculpture. He was nearly broke and living at his parent's house at the time. He thought his career was over and felt like a failure, but these vacuum cleaners called to him. The sculpture was a big hit with the right gallery owner, and the rest is money making history. Sounds like a crazy dream, but it's real life.
View attachment 37047
When was Koons ever poor? He worked as a commodities broker to finance his art career.

Some people think they're poor if they can't afford $20 cocktails.
My friends and I laugh at them.

Last night's dream had a weird ambiance. Not quite anxiety, more a kind of half-amused frustrated annoyance.

I'd gone with two men (who I don't know in real life) to a city for a day out. Fortunately I'd had the foresight to bring my dog, because we got lost in the city and couldn't get home. Shops were closing - I clearly remember seeing the back view of an Indian girl putting the bins outside, and the streets were deserted. We walked and walked trying to find a bus station or transport, and ended up being accommodated by a family who told us we could stay at their flat. We were in one room, the two men had taken the bed and I was sorting, frustratedly, through piles of stuff trying to find my dog's lead so we could leave. The bed was a sofa conversion job and the two men were happily snuggled down under the covers, while I muttered to myself about 'they could have let ME have the bed' - I gather that the trip into the city hadn't been my idea and I hadn't wanted to go in the first place. The dog was 'somewhere' with me, although not visible in the dream, and I was just glad that she was, as I didn't have to worry about her being stuck at home alone, which is the normal cause of the 'anxiety, got to get back, dog is shut in' dreams.

I found some long hairy string, and fashioned a kind of lead, and then left the flat. I walked until I found a kind of entranceway, which had a stopped escalator and I realised it led up to the train station. Up on the platform the boards were showing that there was a train to York, but it didn't leave until 6.15 in the morning, so I was looking for other trains that may pass through York so that I could get home that night.

As I said, normally this would have been an anxiety dream, with me desperate to get home. But having the dog (invisibly) with me took away that line of anxiety and just left me with a 'for God's SAKE! This is just so typical!' kind of feeling.

The second dream involved me getting married in a Southern Asian country. There was a huge hotel but my room and family were elsewhere and I spent a lot of time running back and forth between the hotel and where I was staying, trying to sort out arrangements. There were several other weddings going on at the same time and I kept running into groups of women all getting ready either for their own wedding or for mine, and I didn't recognise any of them
Sounds like a 'moonie' wedding :p

Some people think they're poor if they can't afford $20 cocktails.
My friends and I laugh at them.
Doesn't that mean they're poor? Or certainly, they're 'canny'.

Doesn't that mean they're poor? Or certainly, they're 'canny'.
Oh, poverty truly is relative. I had a friend who was down to his last million and declared that he was 'poor'. He'd been led to expect that he'd have much much more but lost a lot in the pension investment scandal. If you've thought that you are going to have nine million pounds, and then find that you've only got one million, then I guess you can feel yourself 'poor' in relation to expectation. Compared to, say, me, you are very wealthy indeed, but it depends on whom one compares oneself to, doesn't it?

Oh, poverty truly is relative. I had a friend who was down to his last million and declared that he was 'poor'. He'd been led to expect that he'd have much much more but lost a lot in the pension investment scandal. If you've thought that you are going to have nine million pounds, and then find that you've only got one million, then I guess you can feel yourself 'poor' in relation to expectation. Compared to, say, me, you are very wealthy indeed, but it depends on whom one compares oneself to, doesn't it?
I see what you're saying, yes. It's often made me angry when somebody has said they built a company from nothing or established an art or writing career from nothing, when it's perfectly clear that they had to start with a lot of money. A few people really do climb from grinding poverty to become billionaires, but they are not typical.

Last night I dreamt that I was in this place where there were mountains either side. To go up the mountain youu had to do it in stages. Go up 1 staircase. Walk across the platform and then up the next staircase at the other end of the platform. It was really busy and I had to cling on to the banister to get up. There was loads of people walking down the stairs case but I refused to give up my spec cos I felt really dizzy and people had to go around me. My ex was with me and I was laughing at him. His current wife was there asking him to go home.

Last night I was walking along a corridor. At the end I turned left and fell in step with an older man I recognised and I asked him how he was. He said he was okay, at which point I realised it was Murray Walker and I woke with a start!

I was dreaming that I had a job somewhere which involved being on a cruise ship or in a hotel. I had a bedroom although the place was half-derelict and I worried I wouldn't have hot water.

So I got up and decided to wash at the basin in the corner of the room. As I ran the tap Margaret Thatcher walked in and stared at me.

I recognised her and told her to do one, but remembered that she'd had dementia before she died and so probably wouldn't take any notice.

Next door there was a shower so I went in there, this time being careful to lock the door.

As I stood naked in the shower Thatcher walked in again, accompanied this time by the late veteran English character actor David Ellison.

I said 'DO you mind! The door is locked!' to which Ellison pointed out that there were two doors and I'd only locked one.

I thought Fair play! and woke up.

Naked and harassed by a dead politician and a former Tory Prime Minister - now THAT'S what I call a Covid dream.

I was in the 80s action movie The Terminator, there were opening credits and everything. Unfortunately there was one thing missing: The Terminator itself. Everyone was wandering around the police station, the streets, driving by in the big truck, feeling lost because we didn't know what to do instead.

last night I thought I had woken up and walked about a couple of times because of the pain in my leg specifically the left knee and a stiff achy arm and hand. This was a grinding sort of pain that kept me awake most of the night. Except it didn't, I woke up at 11:10 to find a cold cuppa by the bed- apparently my partner had bought it up around 09:30 when I was apparently semi awake and chatting. They had been up for ages as I kept thrashing about and countering in my sleep . there are no signs of me being up in the night and they reckoned I had slept through from 22:30., which is practically a record for me .

Did I dream the whole thing from falling on stairs to roaming the house in small hours? I certainly feel drained and washed out today

I had my first vaccination a couple of days ago, not sure if thats a factor

I was in the 80s action movie The Terminator, there were opening credits and everything. Unfortunately there was one thing missing: The Terminator itself. Everyone was wandering around the police station, the streets, driving by in the big truck, feeling lost because we didn't know what to do instead.
They were waiting for YOU to say 'I'll be back'.

... Did I dream the whole thing from falling on stairs to roaming the house in small hours? I certainly feel drained and washed out today ...

??? ... Where does this "falling on stairs" bit fit in? You don't mention anything about falling here in the dream post. :dunno:

Sorry, I am a bit confused as I thought I had fallen on the stairs and hence hurt leg and arm. As there is not a mark on me or dent in the wall Its seems it was a all a very vivid dream.

That sounds like a better version of the movie to me.

walked about a couple of times because of the pain in my leg specifically the left knee and a stiff achy arm and hand. This was a grinding sort of pain that kept me awake most of the night.
Left knee and stiff achy arm and hand. That's me you've been dreaming about. Eyespy? - mmm there's more to your persona than you're letting on :hahazebs:

Sorry, I am a bit confused as I thought I had fallen on the stairs and hence hurt leg and arm. As there is not a mark on me or dent in the wall Its seems it was a all a very vivid dream.
There's an actual disorder where sufferers believe that they have been awake all night, whilst onlookers know they have been asleep (and often snoring). My ex partner suffered from it. He'd wake every morning to tell me how he had tossed and turned all night and not got a wink of sleep, whilst I (kept awake by the FEROCIOUS level of snoring, truly hadn't slept a wink. I'd therefore been able to tell him that he'd woken maybe a couple of times very briefly.

It's something to do with perceiving a brief awakening as lasting for hours. Or something. All I know is that it was immensely annoying to be told by a man who has snored and/or taken up the whole bed for nine hours that they 'were awake all night' as they begin their day refreshed and you have eye bags down to your knees and are non-functional.

hmm, maybe thats why he's so cranky.
seriously for the last two nights I have been dreaming that I am peddling away on an exercise bike which is connected to all sorts of appliance. If I stop all hell will break loose. No wonder my knee hurts and I am knackerd.

I'm sure there is something symbolic about the frantic activity but no actual progress motif.

He'd wake every morning to tell me how he had tossed and turned all night and not got a wink of sleep, whilst I (kept awake by the FEROCIOUS level of snoring, truly hadn't slept a wink. I'd therefore been able to tell him that he'd woken maybe a couple of times very briefly.

I get this with Techy. He swears he hasn't slept when I've heard him snoring all night from the next room.

(Yes, we have separate rooms. All that snoring and farting. Poor Techy couldn't stand it any more.)

He'd wake every morning to tell me how he had tossed and turned all night and not got a wink of sleep, whilst I (kept awake by the FEROCIOUS level of snoring, truly hadn't slept a wink. I'd therefore been able to tell him that he'd woken maybe a couple of times very briefly.
Or maybe you were dreaming that he was snoring and you hadnt slept all night and he had been tossing all night. :hahazebs: :hahazebs:

I had a very vivid flash of a headline in a newspaper in a dream last night, it read

Actor Jason Statham seriously injured in car accident in L.A.

be really weird if that happens in the near future

Back