• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

While not the worst movie ever, Ang Lee’s Hulk inflicted itself on my screen last night. I found the direction and split screens unnecessary and distracting. The plot mostly dealt with a backstory that was largely pointless. The real action kicked in about 45 minutes in as Banner was exposed to a gamma blast in an event that really should have happened 25 minutes earlier. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting..... Hoorah! Hulk appears an hour into the movie. All a bit underwhelming and badly cast too. Rotten Tomatoes Audience rating 29%. I’d have given it 25% and that’s largely for the Lou Ferrigno cameo.

Nobody liked this movie. I thought it was great! Loved it.

Huge Eric Bana fan - like Jennifer Connoly fan...Nick Nolte...

I thought it was a genuinely good piece of work. Moving and exciting :)

The only movie I paid to see in a cinema and then walked out was Denis Hopper's Colors with Robert Duval and Sean Penn.

Great recipe, shit experience.

It was one of those ones where it could have been so good but the awful job that was made of it just made it more frustrating.

Nobody liked this movie. I thought it was great! Loved it.

Huge Eric Bana fan - like Jennifer Connoly fan...Nick Nolte...

I thought it was a genuinely good piece of work. Moving and exciting :)

I certainly liked it more than the Edward Norton yawnfest they tried to reset it with. Ang Lee acted out all The Hulk's action himself for motion capture!

The only movie I paid to see in a cinema and then walked out was Denis Hopper's Colors with Robert Duval and Sean Penn.

It was one of those ones where it could have been so good but the awful job that was made of it just made it more frustrating.

One of those movies accused of promoting gang violence. Presumably after realising how much they'd spent on tickets to see it.

Sean Penn. Well, there's your problem!

I certainly liked it more than the Edward Norton yawnfest they tried to reset it with. Ang Lee acted out all The Hulk's action himself for motion capture!

Never saw the Norton version.

I was in a grump about everyone telling me how much better it was than Ang's.

I tried to watch the movie Godzilla vs Kong on TV.

I don’t know if it was a bad copy, but the movie was just physically dark.

Because of being hard to watch, I stopped watching.

Thought it was great, and stayed in the theatre for the mid/post credit scene. Sadly, no scene...

I've seen a few films where pretty much everything happens in the dark. Impossible to watch and not worth pursuing.

Was it A Young Doctor's Notebook? He played a young Russian doctor in an isolated miserable hospital, whose idealism swiftly goes down the drain.
Lots of dark scenery and lighting.

As in, you could actually see him?

Ang Lee could have made a Hulk smash action movie but tried to do something different. He deserves credit for that even if the movie was rather bad.

As in, you could actually see him?

Ang Lee could have made a Hulk smash action movie but tried to do something different. He deserves credit for that even if the movie was rather bad.

Yes. We reserve our applause and give credit to people who make bad action movies. Fuck them who are making good action movies. They’re just wrong.

There was a whole section of Blade Runner 2049 that was so dark, I actually started looking around the inside of the cinema to see if my eyes were still working properly. Couldn’t really work out where he was or what he found.

Was it A Young Doctor's Notebook? He played a young Russian doctor in an isolated miserable hospital, whose idealism swiftly goes down the drain.
Lots of dark scenery and lighting.

No - I looked it up, it was Beast of Burden. If you've heard of that, congratulations! Checked the IMDB reviews and it appears I'm not the only one who couldn't see what was going on.

Never forget that in Prometheus, The crew appear not have been introduced prior to the mission, the first thing the captain does is put up a christmas tree and the alien ship is operated by a kazoo.

In space, no-one can hear your fucking kazoo.

I'm just watching Luc Besson's film Anna. To think that guy used to do good movies.

I'm just watching Luc Besson's film Anna. To think that guy used to do good movies.
He directed some of my all time faves, The Fifth Element, Leon (the professional), Lucy, La Femme Nikkita, District 13& D13:Ultinatum, Columbiana, but he has also directed some.. um..not my fave films, the Taken films, The Transporter films. Every director has his misses as well as his hits :)

Not that bad imho, it's at 6.6/10 on IMDb from 63,839 votes. Once again he's remaking Nikita just as he did in Lucy. Bit like Clint Eastwood's fascination with the lone drifter.

Back