• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

It's difficult to see what the difference is between this and the other two shows, apart from the age of the protagonists. But if it's on Amazon, I guess I'll give it a go, see what the first episode is like.

First episode of Walking Dead World Beyond on Amazon now. Gave it a go, as I promised, and... well, the cast isn't too bad, but they're stuck with a very talky script that's setting up the plot, fair enough, however they're setting up the scenario of The Walking Dead, seemingly for a younger audience who have never watched the franchise before. So there was a lot of going over old ground, and not much zombie action, as if they were reluctant to get too bloody.

Also, no spoilers, but the logic of what happens at the end with Julia Ormond's mob is lost on me. Maybe it'll be explained. So far, just about watchable, but next week's better be better or we're in ho-hum Fear TWD territory again.

First episode of Walking Dead World Beyond on Amazon now. Gave it a go, as I promised, and... well, the cast isn't too bad, but they're stuck with a very talky script that's setting up the plot, fair enough, however they're setting up the scenario of The Walking Dead, seemingly for a younger audience who have never watched the franchise before. So there was a lot of going over old ground, and not much zombie action, as if they were reluctant to get too bloody.

Also, no spoilers, but the logic of what happens at the end with Julia Ormond's mob is lost on me. Maybe it'll be explained. So far, just about watchable, but next week's better be better or we're in ho-hum Fear TWD territory again.

The cast is poor as they've no idea what they are supposed to be doing. Very little makes sense, not just the JO thing nothing really makes sense. I'm amazed they got such beautiful washing machines and washing powder - everything looked pretty immaculate.

The JO scene makes no sense at all.
Why would you wipe out a campus full of preppy educated kids when I'm guessing you are trying to rebuild a continent-wide dictatorship?

My guess is that...

The production needed an impetus for the heroes to leave and not come back, regardless of how bad scripting it was. Doesn't bode well for the rest of it. Did these guys take Andrew Lincoln away, too?!

Anyway, just watched the season finale (that's not a season finale) of the current TWD, and that was better in comparison (could WB be made to make the parent show look all the better?). Refreshingly no-nonsense, apart from too much crying, and an indication the next big bad is, er, Darth Vader. Lauren Cohan comes back because her other shows failed, er, I mean because she couldn't stay away, and she has a ninja with her. Jeffrey Dean Morgan looks to have aged 5 years because of the Covid. But it's still the best TWD show (FWD is back soon).

Anyway, just watched the season finale (that's not a season finale) of the current TWD, and that was better in comparison (could WB be made to make the parent show look all the better?). Refreshingly no-nonsense, apart from too much crying, and an indication the next big bad is, er, Darth Vader. Lauren Cohan comes back because her other shows failed, er, I mean because she couldn't stay away, and she has a ninja with her. Jeffrey Dean Morgan looks to have aged 5 years because of the Covid. But it's still the best TWD show (FWD is back soon).

That whole Pied Piper scenario seemed a little hard to swallow and WTF gives with those Star Wars Stormtroopers?

Guess we'll have to wait several months to find out :dunno:

Well, that was season 1 of World Beyond, and, er, not much to say except most crowbarred in twists ever! So Hope is a genius (with no previous evidence), Huck is a sleeper agent (only really bad at it) and Julia Ormond gets to appear for 2 minutes an episode before pocketing the readies. They commissioned two seasons, so it'll be back, by which time I'll have forgotten what happened in it.

Hey, the bonus episodes have started of the main show, and thankyou Amazon for not charging me more to see them. Maggie's back, looking as pissed off as ever - maybe it was because one of the first people she met was Negan? So now the big bads are the Reapers, from what I could tell. It's always bloody something.

This week's was better than last week's "fantasy for the Daryl ladyfans" episode, it had a proper nasty twist, this is a show better at bleak than hopefulness. Proper actual guest star too, like a 1960s or 70s show! Unsure whether they're going to do anything more than anecdotes with these bonus eps, though.

I was left with my jaw dropped when he did that to the first guy. I knew what the brother was going to do it was no surprise to me. Kinda cool that Robert Patrick played both parts. lol

Hey, not a bad episode this week, Princess proving her worth with the old unreliable narrator trick (though I did suspect early on). Real cliffhanger to end on too, especially because (presumably) it won't be resolved till next year.

Hey, not a bad episode this week, Princess proving her worth with the old unreliable narrator trick (though I did suspect early on). Real cliffhanger to end on too, especially because (presumably) it won't be resolved till next year.

Princess is definitely an interesting character. lol I was left a bit confused by the ending.

Princess is definitely an interesting character. lol I was left a bit confused by the ending.

Seems the baddies were stringing her along until she admitted what she knew (which can't be much). Once she'd spilled the beans, the big reveal was her comrades were all hostages, not guests!

Not seeing a lot of love for this week's online, but I found it a nice change of pace, weirdly relaxing for a zombie show. Apart from Carol going rat crazy and Daryl getting zombie irritation, I suppose. Maybe because it gave Jerry the most to do for ages, the hug was really nice.

Negan gets an origin tale. Used to be a PE teacher. That checks out. Better episode than I was anticipating, nice work from Morgan, but I'm not sure about Negan's cheesy taste in ballads. Is that it till the Autumn, then?

Negan gets an origin tale. Used to be a PE teacher. That checks out. Better episode than I was anticipating, nice work from Morgan, but I'm not sure about Negan's cheesy taste in ballads. Is that it till the Autumn, then?
Saw Talking Dead and they trailered the 11th season but not sure when it is, either.

I loved that episode but didn't feel like a series finale, somehow. In Talking Dead, Jeff said he did two takes of that final scene where he smiles at Maggie and in the other take he wasn't smiling - don't think he knew which they were going with, til he saw it.

He's my favourite character in this season - for me, Daryl has been running out of steam since Rick went. Some of the covid episodes have worked better than others. I enjoyed the one with Princess, as well (she's a great character).

Already knew his origin story but was still interesting to see it.

Not seeing a lot of love for this week's online, but I found it a nice change of pace, weirdly relaxing for a zombie show. Apart from Carol going rat crazy and Daryl getting zombie irritation, I suppose. Maybe because it gave Jerry the most to do for ages, the hug was really nice.
I think after the year we've had, we all crave a Jerry hug (I know I do!). Nice touch during our current apocalypse.

I think after the year we've had, we all crave a Jerry hug (I know I do!). Nice touch during our current apocalypse.

Jerry's my friend's favourite character! I think he'd secretly like a Jerryhug. That simple gesture was like proper science fiction these days, must have taken a lot to work out, health and safety-wise.

Jerry's my friend's favourite character! I think he'd secretly like a Jerryhug. That simple gesture was like proper science fiction these days, must have taken a lot to work out, health and safety-wise.
He's one of my favourites too. He's the one character I don't think they'd dare kill... (Hope that wasn't tempting fate). Such a fan favourite and deservedly so.

I wonder if we'll get a glimpse of Rick in the final season?

He's one of my favourites too. He's the one character I don't think they'd dare kill... (Hope that wasn't tempting fate). Such a fan favourite and deservedly so.

I wonder if we'll get a glimpse of Rick in the final season?

And what happened to those Rick TV specials we were promised?

And what happened to those Rick TV specials we were promised?

Walking Dead’s Rick Grimes Movie Should Start Filming Soon, Says Andrew Lincoln
In a recent interview with SFX Magazine (via GamesRadar), Lincoln talked about production on the upcoming The Walking Dead films. While the actor is still in lockdown, it sounds like filming should be starting soon: “We’re very excited about how, at the first available opportunity, we’re going to go into production – there’s talk of it being spring. I can’t wait to get those cowboy boots.”

Lincoln went on to clarify that he’s signed on for more than one film and the proposed trilogy is still being planned but that they just need to get the first one “absolutely right,” which is one of the reasons it’s taken longer than anticipated (on top of the pandemic). The film(s) look to broaden the scale and scope of both Rick’s story and the overall The Walking Dead universe, something that already has several spin-offs under its belt with more to come.

AMC has already ordered a spin-off series focusing on Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier as well as an anthology called Tales of the Walking Dead following the flagship series’ conclusion in 2022.
https://buoisang.net/walking-deads-rick-grimes-movie-should-start-filming-soon-says-andrew-lincoln/

Thanks for that, though the amount of time they've taken for this absolute rightness is a little ominous.

did anyone watch Black Summer? It's what Fear the Walking Dead should have been - brilliant

Have you seen Season 2? Really savage. Cutting back and forth along timelines, most of the action takes place in the snow and mountains, it's Black Winter now. I hope there's a third season.

Have you seen Season 2? Really savage. Cutting back and forth along timelines, most of the action takes place in the snow and mountains, it's Black Winter now. I hope there's a third season.

So do I. It wasn't quite as good as the first, (no disrespect to the 2nd season as it is brilliant), but friggin hell it had its many moments of me yelling at the screen. The final episode was just sublime.

How they do the " human turning into a zombie vs human" is just brilliant - nothing else has captured it apart from 28 days.

Just fantastic the only show that breathes dead life into this shambling genre of dull walking dead, fear the walking dead, etc.

What a great series and it was based on the lovely but jokey Z Nation.

I loved Z Nation - but obviously not the same as it had its roots in Return of the Living Dead.

When I started watching season 2 of BS - I made a phone call and said I was taking annual leave - It was worth taking time off.

Last edited:
Frank Darabont, one of the people who helped create The Walking Dead show, sued AMC a while back for missed earnings. He had left the show after a few seasons. They settled with him now, where he will be paid not 2 million dollars, not 20 million dollars but 200 million dollars!

he will be paid not 2 million dollars, not 20 million dollars but 200 million dollars!
Crumbs! It's like my Lottery win, only in reverse. Not £20m, not £2m, but two quid. :dunno:

Frank Darabont, one of the people who helped create The Walking Dead show, sued AMC a while back for missed earnings. He had left the show after a few seasons. They settled with him now, where he will be paid not 2 million dollars, not 20 million dollars but 200 million dollars!

He left the show after ONE season. And has done practically nothing since. He was accused of bullying behaviour on the show too. So obvs he gets hundreds of millions of dollars for a show that only improved once he'd left.

Ooh, just checkin' out the trailers on a Sunday night... TWD S11:

Finally, the end! Apart from the spin-offs, natch. The Commonwealth sounds nice, are they Canadian?

Anyway, August 22nd, the beginning of the end...

Back