• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

A great one for made up fortean headlines :D

Came across both the rags mentioned when my B&B guests left them behind. Usually binned them but remember my attention being taken by a Fortean type headline so naturally I had a look through as a break from sink cleaning and duvet changing. I was amazed that they got away with such utter rubbish! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry!! I'd forgotten all about it until just now lol

Sollywos x

Came across both the rags mentioned when my B&B guests left them behind. Usually binned them but remember my attention being taken by a Fortean type headline so naturally I had a look through as a break from sink cleaning and duvet changing. I was amazed that they got away with such utter rubbish! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry!! I'd forgotten all about it until just now lol

Sollywos x
Here are some classics from the 'sunday sport'

Attachments

• 100_8321.JPG
    100_8321.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 10
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Sunday_Sport.jpg
    Sunday_Sport.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 8
I remember visiting the UK and being surprised at the kind of comic book newspapers you have there. I hadn't seen such before.
Thankfully, there aren't many of them. I have no idea who reads them.

It wasn't a good one for the geologist!

I've got to sort out my eyes - I thought that said 'Monkey Laundering'.

Hmmm... Early for the sily season, but it's not as if anything else newsworthy happening in the world.

Not sure if this should be here or in cryptozoology.

Link: Mystery tree beast turns out to be croissant
Start of article:
When animal welfare officers received a report of an unusual animal lurking in a tree in the Polish city of Krakow, they were not sure what to expect.
"People aren't opening their windows because they're afraid it will go into their house," the woman reportedly said.
But a visit to the area showed the creature in question was not a bird, or even an reptile - but a croissant.
The Krakow Animal Welfare Society said the incident was genuine.
Writing on Facebook, the organisation said its officers had asked the desperate caller whether the unidentified animal, which had been in the tree for two days, could be a bird of prey.
The woman responded that it looked more like a "lagoon", before remembering the word "iguana".

Article continues if you follow the link.

"People aren't opening their windows because they're afraid it will go into their house," the woman reportedly said.
But a visit to the area showed the creature in question was not a bird, or even an reptile - but a croissant.
I would beg a croissant to go into my house!

Back