• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fraudulent Psychics & Mediums

apparently he can, i remenber george from the extinct forum alien hub, there he showed to us 2 times he apparenly summoned hurricanes at the request of skeptics, he might be the weirdest person i have ever met in the internet and not in a bad way IMO
wait until he shows some of the photos he took over the years!
Thanks humanoidlord,

I may have had some help from 'the powers that be'?

To be honest, I did hope that I would have failed in doing this, as the strain was unbelievable from these requests that I had to take on.

I had to because they wanted me (I think it was The New York Times Paranormal forum) to 'put my money where my mouth was'.
So they picked the most impossible tasks that you could impose on a psychic......thinking that it could not be done.

So I did it all the way from the South Pacific. It had a long way to travel North West, as I had to spin it round and round for a two says to store enough energy for the cool waters up North. Then flicked it forward as up it went. It was the first one to hit Maine in 17 years and emergency sirens were in place. it took about three to four days.

Regards George

I hope no one was hurt

The sad thing is that he caused it himself...as I have heard a few conflicting reports on casualties
D37Tix1U4AEeORF.jpg

Folks say:- "Oh this is coincidence...do you not get rain in Nottingham?" They call themselves healthy open minded, but look above....the last one hit in 1869!! That was over 100 years ago.

220px-Kyle_2008_track.png

This was done in less than one week. as it was heading South West at the time.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...Kyle_2008_track.png/220px-Kyle_2008_track.png

He should have seen it coming.

A former psychic charged with money laundering told bank officials that if he had done anything criminal then he “would be the stupidest money launderer ever”, a trial has heard.

Simon Gold (54) with an address of Augharan, Aughavas, Co. Leitrim, has pleaded not guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to 22 charges including money laundering, theft, deception and control of false instruments on dates between January 1, 2010 and October 22, 2012. The trial has heard that Mr Gold accepted he had used the names Simon Gold, Simon Gould, Simon Magnier and Niall O'Donoghue. The trial has also heard Mr Gold acknowledged he is responsible for an Ulster Bank account in the name of Anglo Irish Global Ltd.

On the fifth day of evidence before the jury, a fraud prevention analyst with Ulster Bank Belfast told Lorcan Staines SC, prosecuting, that her role in 2012 was to comply with court orders relating to bank information.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...oney-launderer-ever-trial-hears-38142266.html

A former psychic charged with money laundering told bank officials that if he had done anything criminal then he “would be the stupidest money launderer ever”, a trial has heard.

Simon Gold (54) with an address of Augharan, Aughavas, Co. Leitrim, has pleaded not guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to 22 charges including money laundering, theft, deception and control of false instruments on dates between January 1, 2010 and October 22, 2012. The trial has heard that Mr Gold accepted he had used the names Simon Gold, Simon Gould, Simon Magnier and Niall O'Donoghue. The trial has also heard Mr Gold acknowledged he is responsible for an Ulster Bank account in the name of Anglo Irish Global Ltd.

On the fifth day of evidence before the jury, a fraud prevention analyst with Ulster Bank Belfast told Lorcan Staines SC, prosecuting, that her role in 2012 was to comply with court orders relating to bank information.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...oney-launderer-ever-trial-hears-38142266.html
The last psychic I saw was convicted of benefit fraud- not that good at foretelling the future then eh?

I think all mediums and psychics should be gathered up in one place and tested and if found to be fake, humilated on live tv.

pretend there's cash prize for legit ones but it's really a lie (if they are truely psychic they would know this)

I think all mediums and psychics should be gathered up in one place and tested and if found to be fake, humilated on live tv.

pretend there's cash prize for legit ones but it's really a lie (if they are truely psychic they would know this)

If found to be fakes then they should be sentenced to picking crops, there's a shortage of labour.

Should have known he would be found guilty.

A former psychic has been convicted by a jury of the theft and money laundering of €1.6 million.

Simon Gold (54) with an address of Augharan, Aughavas, Co. Leitrim, had pleaded not guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to 22 charges including money laundering, theft, deception and control of false instruments on dates between January 1, 2010 and October 22, 2012.

After over two weeks of evidence, the jury returned a verdict of guilty on 20 counts after deliberating for over 12 hours.

The jury returned a verdict of not guilty on a single count of deception relating to €28,000 transferred by Justin Burke, a farmer from Co.Galway, to a bank account linked to Gold.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ft-and-money-laundering-of-1-6m-38198604.html

Here's another "psychic" scammer whose proceeds totaled 7 digits ...

And yes - I wondered if her name (Uwanawich - "You Wanna Witch") was some sort of fabricated pseudonym ...

Florida woman gets prison for $1.6 million family curse scam

A South Florida woman who claimed to be a psychic fortune teller has been sentenced to three years and four months in prison for taking $1.6 million from a Texas woman to remove a curse from her family.

Court records show that 28-year-old Sherry Tina Uwanawich was sentenced last week in Miami. She previously pleaded guilty to wire fraud. She must also pay restitution.

Investigators say Uwanawich met the victim in Houston, Texas, in 2007. Uwanawich gained the woman’s trust and convinced her that a curse had been placed on her and her family. Uwanawich claimed she needed large sums of money for crystals and candles to perform meditations that would lift the curse.

The scheme ended in 2014 when Uwanawich admitted to the victim there had been no curse.
SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/9fce8c53af7d4743b1c880ffc69bf2ef/gallery/7e829624a6114019800d87c89dce28fd

And yes - I wondered if her name (Uwanawich - "You Wanna Witch") was some sort of fabricated pseudonym

hmm... this sounds exactly like one of the most common last names in Serbia - "Jovanovic" (Uwanawich is exactly how English-speaking person would pronounce it). It basically means "son/daughter of John", sort of Johnson in English.

Here's another apparent scam case ...
Police: Psychic said girl was possessed, scammed mom of $70K

A woman claiming to be a psychic stole more than $70,000 from a client by telling the woman her 10-year-old daughter was possessed by a demon and she needed the money to banish the spirit, police in Massachusetts said.

Tracy Milanovich, 37, of Somerset, is charged with obtaining property by trick, along with larceny and witness intimidation ...

Police started investigating Dec. 17 when the alleged victim reported that she was tricked by Milanovich into handing over large sums of cash along with household items, including towels and bedding, to battle the demon.

The allegations date to Nov. 15, when the woman first went to Milanovich’s business, Tracy’s Psychic Palm Reader, for a tarot card reading, police said in their report.

Milanovich was arrested Dec. 27. She was arraigned in Fall River District Court this week and released on personal recognizance.
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/3a7c9b1ad841d2c15c813f36a42419c4

This sounds more like a duped psychic, though he is kind of complicit:
News story

Basically, the psychic raised thousands of pounds for victims of the virus - except the victims didn't exist. He seems to have been fooled, which isn't a great advert for his "gifts".

"The probe emerged as the group insisted that the appeal to support the family of the couple who they said died "side by side" near Glasgow was not a scam."

Always check for corroborating information, especially obits!

This sounds more like a duped psychic, though he is kind of complicit:
News story

Basically, the psychic raised thousands of pounds for victims of the virus - except the victims didn't exist. He seems to have been fooled, which isn't a great advert for his "gifts".

Sadly, if I'm reading it right, it seems the family do exist and the parents had indeed died, but of a drugs problem rather than the virus. The money also seems to be going to the children.
In that case, if I had personally donated (which I obviously haven't) I'd tell them to keep it.

Should have known he would be found guilty.

A former psychic has been convicted by a jury of the theft and money laundering of €1.6 million.

Simon Gold (54) with an address of Augharan, Aughavas, Co. Leitrim, had pleaded not guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to 22 charges including money laundering, theft, deception and control of false instruments on dates between January 1, 2010 and October 22, 2012.

After over two weeks of evidence, the jury returned a verdict of guilty on 20 counts after deliberating for over 12 hours.

The jury returned a verdict of not guilty on a single count of deception relating to €28,000 transferred by Justin Burke, a farmer from Co.Galway, to a bank account linked to Gold.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ft-and-money-laundering-of-1-6m-38198604.html

He din't see this one coming either.

A former psychic serving a jail term for the money laundering of €1.6 million has admitted having fake driving licences and bank holograms at addresses in Westmeath and Leitrim.

Simon Gold (54) is currently serving a seven and a half year sentence having been convicted by a jury following trial in 2019 of money laundering, theft, deception and control of false instruments.

Today Gold pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Court via video link from prison to having under his custody or control three UK driving licences in various names knowing them to be false instruments on October 22, 2012 at Esker View, Ballinvalley, Delvin, Co Westmeath.

Gold, of Augharan, Aughavas, Co. Leitrim, also admitted having four sheets containing 360 removable hologram purporting to be AIB holograms at that address on February 20, 2014.

Judge Martin Nolan had severed these charges from the original indictment for the trial in 2019 and they were due for trial next May 2022. Gold is due for release in 2024.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ing-licences-and-bank-holograms-40321612.html

This Florida psychic / spiritual consultant lady gathered about $100,000 from customers so that it could be cleansed of its "darkness". The cleanest outcome was the woman's getaway.
WANTED: Woman promising ‘witchcraft services’ steals $100K from victims in Naples

A mysterious woman named Rosalia advertised around Golden Gate and East Naples, promising to solve relationship problems using “witchcraft services,” according to police.

Instead, she reportedly swindled more than $100,000 combined from at least 10 victims using —not magic— but an elaborate and disturbing scheme, the Naples Police Department reported.

The first victim called police on March 14. He told detectives he encountered a flyer for Rosalia’s services at a 24-hour laundry mat ...

Police said Rosalia advertised her “spiritual services” in many forms, including in free Hispanic newspapers, on the radio, and by posting flyers in laundromats and stores in the area. ...

Tarot cards in tow, Rosalia told the victim she saw something “dark” in his life during their first consultation.To fix the darkness, she told the man to sleep with three eggs under his bed and then bring them to her the next day ...

The man brought the phony prophetess her eggs, and she proceeded to wave them over his head and face, the report states. Then, she opened each egg: the first was filled with blood, the second with needles and third with worms.

But that wasn’t enough to remove the “darkness” from his life, according to Rosalia.

She told the man to bring her all the money he had and to borrow money from friends and family so she could bless it and multiply it ...

On his third visit, the man brought her $29,500 for her to bless ... But when she saw “a darkness in the money,” she told him she had to take it to her temple in Fort Myers to clean and return to him the next day at 8 a.m.

However, the next day, Rosalia canceled their appointment over text — and then stopped responding to his messages altogether. ...

So far, 10 victims have come forward with a total combined loss of $100,000. The media ads were published in December 2020, leading to the in-person scam beginning mid-January 2021 and ending mid-March 2021 ...

FULL STORY: https://nbc-2.com/news/crime/2021/0...-services-steals-100k-from-victims-in-naples/

He din't see this one coming either.

A former psychic serving a jail term for the money laundering of €1.6 million has admitted having fake driving licences and bank holograms at addresses in Westmeath and Leitrim.

Simon Gold (54) is currently serving a seven and a half year sentence having been convicted by a jury following trial in 2019 of money laundering, theft, deception and control of false instruments.

Today Gold pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Court via video link from prison to having under his custody or control three UK driving licences in various names knowing them to be false instruments on October 22, 2012 at Esker View, Ballinvalley, Delvin, Co Westmeath.

Gold, of Augharan, Aughavas, Co. Leitrim, also admitted having four sheets containing 360 removable hologram purporting to be AIB holograms at that address on February 20, 2014.

Judge Martin Nolan had severed these charges from the original indictment for the trial in 2019 and they were due for trial next May 2022. Gold is due for release in 2024.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ing-licences-and-bank-holograms-40321612.html

I foresee a bleak future for Simon.

A former psychic turned financier who is serving a seven and a half year jail term has lost his appeal against his conviction for a range of offences including money laundering of €1.6m.

The Court of Appeal dismissed all 12 grounds of appeal by Simon Gold which claimed the trial judge had erred in law in his handling of the jury trial which convicted the appellant two years ago.
Gold (56) of Augharan, Aughavas, Co Leitrim, was found guilty of 20 charges including money laundering, deception and control of and using false instruments following a 28-day trial which concluded at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court in June 2019.

The offences took place on dates between January 1, 2010 and October 22, 2012.

The president of the Court of Appeal, Mr Justice George Birmingham, said it was a feature of Gold’s appeal that he sought to stay as far away as possible from any issue as to his guilt, although he noted that the appellant had made “extensive” and “unrestrained admissions” when interviewed by gardaí. ...

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/leitrim-psychic-fails-in-appeal-against-fraud-conviction-183274

He does ordinary frauds as well.

‘Psychic swindler’ and wife have debts deals terminated over secret ownership of Spanish villa​

The High Court has terminated personal insolvency arrangements (PIAs) writing off millions of euro in debt following revelations a couple secretly owned a luxury Spanish property.

The decision came after an investigation by the Irish Independent revealed convicted thief Tom Colton (46) – better known as “the psychic swindler” – and his wife Linda (46) failed to disclose their ownership of a villa in Lanzarote when their arrangements were approved.

The husband and wife secured debt write-offs of €2.7m and €2m respectively in February.

However, following the ruling, those write-offs no longer apply, the couple have lost protection from creditors and could potentially face bankruptcy.

Mr Justice Alexander Owens said there were “significant omissions” from their financial statements which misled their mortgage lender into agreeing to the PIAs.

He said the omissions “involved serious non-compliance by the debtors with duties of good faith and full and honest disclosure in the personal insolvency arrangement process”. ...

Mr and Mrs Colton, who run a business which provides celebrants for “spiritual” wedding ceremonies, denied they were the beneficial owners of the property, claiming they were acting as trustees for a company, Grá Agus Solas.

But the court heard this was the company through which they run their weddings business, that it was 100pc owned by Linda Colton, that her husband was a director between August 2016 and May 2018 and remained hands on in the day to day running of the business.

Mr Colton, who claims to be a medium who can communicate with the dead, was previously jailed for stealing €320,000 from an elderly couple while working as their accountant. ...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...cret-ownership-of-spanish-villa-41848108.html

I foresee a bleak future for Simon.

A former psychic turned financier who is serving a seven and a half year jail term has lost his appeal against his conviction for a range of offences including money laundering of €1.6m.

Gold (56) of Augharan, Aughavas, Co Leitrim, was found guilty of 20 charges including money laundering, deception and control of and using false instruments following a 28-day trial which concluded at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court in June 2019.

The offences took place on dates between January 1, 2010 and October 22, 2012.

The president of the Court of Appeal, Mr Justice George Birmingham, said it was a feature of Gold’s appeal that he sought to stay as far away as possible from any issue as to his guilt, although he noted that the appellant had made “extensive” and “unrestrained admissions” when interviewed by gardaí. ...

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/leitrim-psychic-fails-in-appeal-against-fraud-conviction-183274

He's back.

A FORMER PSYCHIC, previously jailed for seven and a half years for money laundering €1.6 million, has been given a three-year suspended sentence for dishonestly opening two bank accounts.

Defence counsel told Judge Martin Nolan he may be surprised to learn that Simon Gold (58) has already been released from prison some three years after the seven-and-a-half year sentence was handed down in 2019.

Judge Nolan responded: “It doesn’t surprise me at all that Mr Gold has persuaded prison authorities to his benefit.”

Oisín Clarke BL, defending, told the court Gold had done “extremely well” in custody, completing a number of courses before he was moved to an open prison and then released on restrictive conditions. He had served four years of the prison sentence, which was backdated to 2018.

Gold, with an address at Windy Ridge House, Cartontroy, Athlone, Co Westmeath pleaded guilty to two counts of opening a bank account at locations in Dublin and Offaly on dates in July 2017 and March 2018.

Fake documents that had been used to open the accounts were found during a search of Gold’s house in 2018, Detective Garda Sean Sheehan told the court. He has 46 previous convictions, including money laundering offences. ...

Defence counsel submitted that had the court been dealing with these offences at the same time as Gold’s money laundering offending, a longer sentence may not have been imposed. Mr Clarke submitted there was little benefit in returning Gold to prison, given the level of rehabilitation he has undertaken.

Sentencing Gold today, Judge Nolan agreed that he would not have imposed a longer prison term at the time of the money-laundering hearing, had these offences been dealt with simultaneously.

The judge sentenced Gold to three years but suspended it in full on the basis that he be of good behaviour for three years.

https://www.thejournal.ie/simon-gold-pyschic-avoids-jail-5928279-Nov2022/

I like the way the title of this thread is 'fraudulent psychics and mediums', as though there are any that aren't total charlatans.

I like the way the title of this thread is 'fraudulent psychics and mediums', as though there are any that aren't total charlatans.

Note the context ... This thread is located in the Fortean Crime section, and therefore it focuses on "bad" psychics.

There are multiple threads on psychic phenomena generally (and apparent psychic successes) in the Parapsychology section.

We have a medium advertising locally who charges £70 per reading.
She only works between the hours of 10.00 and 14.00 during school term time. Unless you consider yourself a V.I.P, in which case she will come to your house anywhere in the world. No costs given for travelling around the world or intercontinental house calls.
She may be a genuine psychic but my distrusting self has decided this is most likely a money making scam. Sorry!

We have a medium advertising locally who charges £70 per reading.
She only works between the hours of 10.00 and 14.00 during school term time. Unless you consider yourself a V.I.P, in which case she will come to your house anywhere in the world. No costs given for travelling around the world or intercontinental house calls.
She may be a genuine psychic but my distrusting self has decided this is most likely a money making scam. Sorry!

£70? You could get a halfway-decent prossie for that, and l’m sure that the encounter would cheer you up more.

maximus otter

Back