• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Florida Woman Claims 'Baby Dinosaur' Ran Through Her Yard

Dog wearing a jacket and harness.

The wedge shaped tail end made me think of an American badger - but I'm not sure they are present in Florida.

It looks quadrupedal to me, and possibly dragging a snake dinner along with it.

So her CCTV also picks up dinosaur sounds apparently? .. I'm spectacle to say the least. It's a bird IMO. Fun though.

There's now a picture of the parent - apparently, it's shouting "Come back here you little bugger!" in Dinosaur.
lizardman.jpg

JUst watched it elsewhere before coming here and it looks like a small turkey to me, although at just a few seconds in length, it's really hard to say. I'd wager it's not a dinosaur though.

Whatever it is it's dragging its leash, and I imagine the next video clip is a chubby Floridian in shorts trotting along shouting "Spot, come back."

Is anybody more technically able than me able to capture the video and upload it to YouTube.

That way we can play it back at a reduced speed.

Edit: use the settings cog to reduce playback speed:

Edit: I'd say that 'the thing' is definitely dragging something (although it has a shorter tail above the 'apparent tail') and possibly wearing something, too.

Is anybody more technically able than me able to capture the video and upload it to YouTube.

That way we can play it back at a reduced speed.

Edit: use the settings cog to reduce playback speed:

Edit: I'd say that 'the thing' is definitely dragging something (although it has a shorter tail above the 'apparent tail') and possibly wearing something, too.
Playing it back at 0.25 speed shows that it's a dog.

So the 'Florida woman' didn't actually 'see' this, she just watched the recording on her doorbell camera?

Because leaping to 'dinosaur' from this tiny clip of film shows an apparent desire for fame and/or notoriety that would be extreme, even for America.

To me it looks like a quadruped - probably a dog or cat, but just barely possibly an iguana or something similar - dragging a leash or similar cord. I don't think it's dragging a snake, as some have suggested, because of the length of the thing compared to its apparent girth and because of the extreme limpness indicating no skeletal structure. As others have said, it may be wearing some sort of jacket or other animal garment, and in some moments looks like it has something on or over its head, as if it got its head stuck in a can or small bucket.

The dinosaur explanation seems to stem from what some people see as small or nonexistent forelimbs, suggestive of a bipedal dinosaur, but I think that is just an artifact of rapid forelimb movement on the video.

My other guess is that it's a Krakow croissant.

Is anybody more technically able than me
Hmmm.....
I think what we actually need is someone with the know-how to get all of the frames and create a composite image from the best bits of each frame (obviously adjusting for size difference as it moves away), then we might get a better shot at identification.
I reckon it looks more like a dog as the bulk of the body mass appears to be forward of the legs that we can see running clearly, which suggests to me that the front legs are covered in a much darker fur so are not so visible.

"I'm sticking with raptor myself," she joked." - from article.

I don't think anyone involved actually thinks it's a dinosaur.
But it's made the news! If everyone concerned thought it was a dog, why the hell would it have gained even so much as a two minute segment? 'Woman claims dog ran through her yard' isn't going to merit much of a mention, even on the local Facebook Moan page, surely?

Unless 'her yard' is a euphemism...

Unless 'her yard' is a euphemism...

We do know that dinosaurs hold a mysterious allure to a portion of the female population...

Rex appeal: the literary attraction of dinosaur erotica
[...]

“There are a number of pleasures potentially on offer here – the fact that this is really fantasy. Even if there is evidence that dinosaurs existed, we don’t know masses about them, and they have mythological qualities. The idea of having sex with one is outside the realms of possibility. It’s a bit like ‘magic’, where all rules become suspended, and for that reason it may well allow … for kinds of imaginative risk-taking impossible in more standard couplings.”

Smith suggests that an element of fear and the permission to think about non-human sexual pleasures may help explain interest in the genre. “I think this is perhaps the appeal of monsters – that it is the very impossibility of such scenarios that are fascinating and arousing, allowing the possibility of joining in with the game of imagining such outrageous couplings with other people.”

Those inclined to write it all off as a marginal fetish should think again, she says: “It’s not that unusual, actually … Picasso also sketched activities involving women, fish and mythical beasts.”

Full Article:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/b...x-appeal-literary-attraction-dinosaur-erotica

Oh, and the Garudian is writing on that? Havent they better taste?

Completely lost my respect they have.

(If this woman had a turkey in her yard then it was a dinosaur and nothing else; dunno why that is newsworthy; thought they had no slow news days in the us...)

We do know that dinosaurs hold a mysterious allure to a portion of the female population...

Rex appeal: the literary attraction of dinosaur erotica
[...]

“There are a number of pleasures potentially on offer here – the fact that this is really fantasy. Even if there is evidence that dinosaurs existed, we don’t know masses about them, and they have mythological qualities. The idea of having sex with one is outside the realms of possibility. It’s a bit like ‘magic’, where all rules become suspended, and for that reason it may well allow … for kinds of imaginative risk-taking impossible in more standard couplings.”

Smith suggests that an element of fear and the permission to think about non-human sexual pleasures may help explain interest in the genre. “I think this is perhaps the appeal of monsters – that it is the very impossibility of such scenarios that are fascinating and arousing, allowing the possibility of joining in with the game of imagining such outrageous couplings with other people.”

Those inclined to write it all off as a marginal fetish should think again, she says: “It’s not that unusual, actually … Picasso also sketched activities involving women, fish and mythical beasts.”

Full Article:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/b...x-appeal-literary-attraction-dinosaur-erotica
Ew.

Is there an emoji for that?

Working from the question of what US animals eat snakes took me to Wolverines... which in turn led me to this nugget....

Few things can penetrate the skin of the honey badger, and this helps it in the quest to find and eat snakes. Only adding to its reputation is the tendency to dig up human corpses and eat the remains.

Back