• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing Person Joins Search For Him- / Herself

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Missing woman unwittingly joins search party looking for herself

A group of tourists spent hours Saturday night looking for a missing woman near Iceland's Eldgja canyon, only to find her among the search party.

The group was travelling through Iceland on a tour bus and stopped near the volcanic canyon in the southern highlands Saturday afternoon, reports the Icelandic news organization mbl.is.

One of the women on the bus left to change her clothes and freshen up. When she came back, her busmates didn't recognize her.

Soon, there was word of a missing passenger. The woman didn't recognize the description of herself, and joined in the search.

About 50 people searched the terrain by vehicles and on foot. The coast guard was even readying a helicopter to help.

But the search was called off at about 3 a.m., when it became clear the missing woman was, in fact, accounted for and searching for herself.
torontosun.com/2012/08/28/mi ... or-herself
Link is dead. See later post for link to archived version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent years trying to find myself-I never thought of this.......

The missing woman looks for herself story was posted soon after it happened but I doubt if anyone looks for anything these days. :?

JamesWhitehead said:
The missing woman looks for herself story was posted soon after it happened but I doubt if anyone looks for anything these days. :?
Probably the person who posted it will go on a search for it. It would be fitting.

A search for a missing tourist has a twist
Missing woman mystery solved

A group of tourists spent hours Saturday night looking for a missing woman near Iceland’s Eldgja canyon, only to find her among the search party.

The group was travelling through Iceland on a tour bus and stopped near a volcanic canyon. Soon, there was word of a missing passenger. The woman, who had changed clothes, didn’t recognise the description of herself and joined in the search.

But the search was called off at about 3am when it became clear the missing woman was, in fact, accounted for and searching for herself.

/2019/09/12/the-unexpected-plot-twist-in-this-newspapers-missing-person-story-is-a/
Link disabled: Linked site not secure; spews pop-up advertising spam at visitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
DC083997-7719-4BEA-8C1F-5DF3490DBE96.jpeg.jpg

Woman accidentally joins search party looking for herself

This story apparently dates back to 2012. Here's the earliest published version I can find, from the Toronto Sun ...
Missing woman unwittingly joins search party looking for herself

FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2012 07:17 PM EDT

A group of tourists spent hours Saturday night looking for a missing woman near Iceland's Eldgja canyon, only to find her among the search party.

The group was travelling through Iceland on a tour bus and stopped near the volcanic canyon in the southern highlands Saturday afternoon, reports the Icelandic news organization mbl.is.

One of the women on the bus left to change her clothes and freshen up. When she came back, her busmates didn't recognize her.

Soon, there was word of a missing passenger. The woman didn't recognize the description of herself, and joined in the search.

About 50 people searched the terrain by vehicles and on foot. The coast guard was even readying a helicopter to help.

But the search was called off at about 3 a.m., when it became clear the missing woman was, in fact, accounted for and searching for herself.

SALVAGED FROM THE WAYBACK MACHINE:
https://web.archive.org/web/2014070...an-unwittingly-joins-search-party-for-herself

See Also:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ndic-tourist-goes-search-herself-8096831.html

Back