• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I prefer his 'Nymph' from 1914. No matter where you're standing, they seem to be looking right at you.

W1siZiIsIjE4MjcxMSJdLFsicCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcXVhbGl0eSA5MCAtcmVzaXplIDIwMDB4MTUwMFx1MDAzZSJdXQ.jpg

@Mythopoeika I'm thinking Shaker-type Christians in the US?

It's aWONDERFUL picture :oldm:

A poem by my friend Paul de Jong. I find the idea fascinating. Could something like this really be written on an Egyptian papyrus somewhere?

FB_IMG_1616955148534.jpg

A poem by my friend Paul de Jong. I find the idea fascinating. Could something like this really be written on an Egyptian papyrus somewhere? ...

I doubt it ... Ancient Egypt seems to have been a pretty rigidly class-stratified society. Anyone who was "vested in the program" and literate / affluent / important enough to leave a coffin (tomb; etc.) would have bought into the elaborate afterlife mythos and not risked screwing up their eternity by shooting off their mouths. Conversely, anyone in the lower class(-es) or a disenfranchised position who might well have that attitude weren't privileged to leave any persistent evidence of their disgruntlement.

Oh, Enola Gaia, too tidy.

This was the society who wanted to get drunk, take it all with them, and have Ushabis do all the hard work afterwards.

Book Of The Dead: Spell 30
(Stop The Heart From Betraying Its Owner)
O my heart which i had from my Mother,
O my heart which i had on Earth,
do not rise up against me as a witness in the presence of the Lord Of Things,
do not speak against me saying what I have done,
do not bring up against me anything I have done in the presence of the Great God,
Lord Of The West.

On Joseph Cornell:
1620497414236.png

Inside the Box, W. S. Di Piero, The Threepenny Review, No. 111 (Autumn, 2007), pp. 27-28 (2 pages)

A Púca sculpture with a Fr Ted opposing it.

The creator of the controversial ‘Púca of Ennistymon’ said today that the artwork “is the best thing I have ever done” and described condemnation by a local priest as 'Fr Ted Stuff'.

In an interview, Dublin-based artist, Aidan Harte said that “if the people of Ennistymon don’t get this I believe it will be a missed opportunity for the town. I hope that they see the light.”

Mr Harte was speaking four days after Clare County Council announced that the €30,000 project has been ‘paused’ after a local backlash against the plan. The opposition against the bronze two-metre high Púca even involved local parish priest, Fr Willie Cummins denouncing the planned Púca from the altar at mass last Sunday, describing it as ‘sinister’.

Mr Harte said today: “Up until now there has been an organised minority that have been protesting against it but now more voices are speaking up and we will see how the chips fall.”

The artist claimed that “there are a helluva lot of people from Clare saying that it is great”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40288217.html

A Púca sculpture with a Fr Ted opposing it.

The creator of the controversial ‘Púca of Ennistymon’ said today that the artwork “is the best thing I have ever done” and described condemnation by a local priest as 'Fr Ted Stuff'.

In an interview, Dublin-based artist, Aidan Harte said that “if the people of Ennistymon don’t get this I believe it will be a missed opportunity for the town. I hope that they see the light.”

Mr Harte was speaking four days after Clare County Council announced that the €30,000 project has been ‘paused’ after a local backlash against the plan. The opposition against the bronze two-metre high Púca even involved local parish priest, Fr Willie Cummins denouncing the planned Púca from the altar at mass last Sunday, describing it as ‘sinister’.

Mr Harte said today: “Up until now there has been an organised minority that have been protesting against it but now more voices are speaking up and we will see how the chips fall.”

The artist claimed that “there are a helluva lot of people from Clare saying that it is great”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40288217.html
Wow thats ugly, looks like something from one of those failed alien/Ripley hybrid tanks in 'Alien Ressurection'

The article says it's only 30% completed & is on hold. The photo can't be the finished bronze.

Back