• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Are There Any SFX Magazine Readers Here?

moldovangerbil

Fresh Blood
Hi, anybody on here read and collect SFX Magazine? I'm trying to track down the giveaway copy of 2000AD that came with the August 2005 issue (#133).

Any help much appreciated!

Hi, anybody on here read and collect SFX Magazine? I'm trying to track down the giveaway copy of 2000AD that came with the August 2005 issue (#133).

I found this on ebay, not sure if it included the frre 2000AD giveaway

Screenshot_20210518-200821.png

And this one says it was previously owned by a collector

Screenshot_20210518-201532.png

Thanks for looking. Sadly, I've already trawled all the copies on ebay, but none of them have the giveaway copy.

It feels like I'm looking for the Holy Grail at times!
Was it a special edition of 2000AD made specifically for SFX?

I was working on SFX at that time – during a four-and-a-half-year stint as sub-editor. I'll have a look through my old copies and let you know if I have it (if I do, you can have it – I'm not precious about holding on to stuff). I'm also in touch with a lot of the SFX team from that time and it's possible one of them has a spare; if they only have one they'll probably want to hang on to it.

I was working on SFX at that time – during a four-and-a-half-year stint as sub-editor. I'll have a look through my old copies and let you know if I have it (if I do, you can have it – I'm not precious about holding on to stuff). I'm also in touch with a lot of the SFX team from that time and it's possible one of them has a spare; if they only have one they'll probably want to hang on to it.
That's fantastic! Many thanks for your kind offer. If you do have it or find a spare, I'll be very grateful.

I knew this was the right place to ask! :)

That's fantastic! Many thanks for your kind offer. If you do have it or find a spare, I'll be very grateful.

I knew this was the right place to ask! :)
Let's hope they're not like gold dust! Or hen's teeth, or whatever...

Back