• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I don't know what was worse in that particular case, the dog napping itself or inveigling (bullying?) a 14 year old into participating. :(

Apples don’t fall far from the tree.

During my service, 15 was the peak age for criminality in the UK.

maximus otter

Just had a very weird thing happen yesterday!

I live in an apartment building with the laundry in the basement. My 8-year-old and I live together with no one else.

Last night I threw the dirty laundry into an empty Ikea shopping bag as usual and went downstairs. The laundry room was empty except for an elderly man who was on his way out as I entered. I went to the first washing machine and began tossing the laundry in. When I got to the bottom of the bag I was met with a surprise - a pair of men's black Reebok sport socks that does not belong to me (I'm a woman and don't wear black socks anyway) or my son (he wears children's socks and not of this brand). Even more shocking was when I picked them up, they were soaking wet, as if they'd just been rinsed under a faucet.

I was confused but thought maybe somehow my boyfriend's socks had gotten mixed up in my laundry without my noticing, and for some reason they were wet? My boyfriend doesn't live with us but he spends the night occasionally, and it was the most logical explanation I could think of. After the socks came out of the dryer I took a photo and sent it to him asking him if they were his. They were not - he doesn't wear Reebok socks either. Only a different brand.

Yes, using a common laundry room I'm quite acquainted with finding a stranger's odd sock coming out of the dryer mixed with my laundry, but I've never found a full pair of soaking wet ones in the bag of laundry I've just brought down and which hasn't been out of my sight.

I can't figure out where they came from, how they got in the very bottom of my bag UNDER all the dirty laundry, and why they were wet. They're currently in the middle of the floor because no one wants to touch them, lol.

I live in an apartment building with the laundry in the basement. My 8-year-old and I live together with no one else.

Last night I threw the dirty laundry into an empty Ikea shopping bag as usual and went downstairs. The laundry room was empty except for an elderly man who was on his way out as I entered. I went to the first washing machine and began tossing the laundry in. When I got to the bottom of the bag I was met with a surprise - a pair of men's black Reebok sport socks that does not belong to me (I'm a woman and don't wear black socks anyway) or my son (he wears children's socks and not of this brand). Even more shocking was when I picked them up, they were soaking wet, as if they'd just been rinsed under a faucet.

I was confused but thought maybe somehow my boyfriend's socks had gotten mixed up in my laundry without my noticing, and for some reason they were wet? My boyfriend doesn't live with us but he spends the night occasionally, and it was the most logical explanation I could think of. After the socks came out of the dryer I took a photo and sent it to him asking him if they were his. They were not - he doesn't wear Reebok socks either. Only a different brand.

Yes, using a common laundry room I'm quite acquainted with finding a stranger's odd sock coming out of the dryer mixed with my laundry, but I've never found a full pair of soaking wet ones in the bag of laundry I've just brought down and which hasn't been out of my sight.

I can't figure out where they came from, how they got in the very bottom of my bag UNDER all the dirty laundry, and why they were wet. They're currently in the middle of the floor because no one wants to touch them, lol.
Welcome to the board, can i ask, where was the bag before you filled it with your laundry, i would suggest the socks were already in it, but is certainly a weird one

Lost a day of my life there.

Had a nap, woke up and remembered there was a forthcoming appointment I wanted to double-check, as you do.

My mobile's Google calendar says it's Friday.

The wall clock confirms I have slept for 24 hours.

The following, brief video (stopped short of showing appointments!) evidences the source of my dilemma.

www.forteanmedia.com/timewarp.mp4

My Google calendar did indeed believe it was tomorrow.

Meanwhile, before sussing it out, I have zero reason to believe I haven't slept 24 hours straight... and resultantly confused.

I was supposed to pick up wee granddaughter after school on Friday and take her to local skatepark.

Did nobody pick her up from school then? Oh FFS... she would be distraught.

Checked for missed calls - none.

Why hadn't anyone phoned me then?

I am now becoming frantic... 'none of this makes any sense'...

So, for the first time in my life I Googled, 'date and time'.

'You b@st#rd'...

' You absolute f........'.

Obviously a massive relief, although that was incredibly weird!

Google calendar still says it's tomorrow.

Had a nap, woke up and remembered there was a forthcoming appointment I wanted to double-check, as you do.

The following, brief video (stopped short of showing appointments!) evidences the source of my dilemma.

Meanwhile, before sussing it out, I have zero reason to believe I haven't slept 24 hours straight... and resultantly confused.

I was supposed to pick up wee granddaughter after school on Friday and take her to local skatepark.

'You b@st#rd'...

Google .com or Google UK?

Welcome to the board, can i ask, where was the bag before you filled it with your laundry, i would suggest the socks were already in it, but is certainly a weird one
Yes, I considered that, but the bag had been folded in my closet. I used it a few days ago for grocery shopping. It had been completely empty before I filled it with laundry. I can't fathom how a stranger's socks could have gotten in there without my noticing! It's bothering me so much at this point.

Yes, I considered that, but the bag had been folded in my closet. I used it a few days ago for grocery shopping. It had been completely empty before I filled it with laundry. I can't fathom how a stranger's socks could have gotten in there without my noticing! It's bothering me so much at this point.
Weird :oops:
Just put the socks in the laundry room and try not to dwell on it too much, chalk it up to a fortean aporting pair of socks

There is a Chinese tradition of sets of porcelain horses which actually represent the same horse in various postures.
One horse used to be shown rolling on its back but this was discontinued as undignified.

I have seen scrolls. Forgotten all about them until you posted, thank you.

Google .com or Google UK?
Just Google! No idea otherwise and it's never happened before. I have had a look for an explanation and this does seem to be an ongoing issue with others.

The official Microsoft suggested solution is to clear the apps' cache memory.

I just did so and...

... everything has been wiped.

:rofl:

One is now seemingly appointment free...

One is now seemingly appointment free...
They are back, although some appointments have been duplicated an hour later!

So what happened when I set an appointment for Friday, supposedly today, @ 23::00, with an alert 5 minutes before.

How would the app resolve a conflict with my mobile's actual date and time?

No problems - the appointment is scheduled for 06:00 on Saturday. :)

Might we conclude a new calendar app is necessary!

There's a thread here on teaspoons that also touches on socks. You should check in there and also count your teaspoons

'You b@st#rd'...

Very similar to 2 of my experiences, recounted before on here. Falling asleep and thinking I had slept for several hours, and totally confused when I checked and found it had only been a couple of minutes. (Felt very weird for hours). Also receiving emails timed as coming from tomorrow. So, so glad it's not just me!

life's complicated enough already,
It certainly is....and you also have to factor in whether or not your device is awaiting to download an update to its OS (which might cover a fix for a known bug), and/or whether the date/time on your device is totally correct? I have had issues with things like calendar not synching and youtube live feeds not starting on time, both due to those minor things.

Very similar to 2 of my experiences, recounted before on here. Falling asleep and thinking I had slept for several hours, and totally confused when I checked and found it had only been a couple of minutes. (Felt very weird for hours). Also receiving emails timed as coming from tomorrow. So, so glad it's not just me!
Ive had the opposite happen to me, a long time ago after a 24 hour survival exercise (no sleep involved) i got home at around 10am, i went to bed around 11am intending to awaken about 7pm for some food, i woke up at just before 7 and got up, i went downstairs, heated my dinner and ate it, i turned on the tv and was confused that the breakfast news was on, only then did i realise i had slept for 20 hours, rather than 8.

sock-snake-1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Do you, or a neighbour, have a cat? They are shocking sock-stealers and will often hide them too (and sometimes pee on them first, accounting for the 'wet').
Er, that was me.
:twisted:

Back