• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bigfoot & Orbs

Old_Shoe

Devoted Cultist
We live in Texas on the edge of the Big Thicket. There are reports of bigfoot sightings here. I've never seen one. Lately, I have seen TV shows that are claiming witnesses are reporting to have seen bigfoot creatures vanish before their eyes. They also report seeing orbs of light flying around these things. I hadn't heard any of this until recently, but I find it interesting.

We've lived in our current house for 25 years. Shortly after moving in I noticed a light flashing across the treetops in our wooded back yard. It caught my attention and made me look up. By the time I could focus my eyes in the spot it was gone. I figured it might've been someone in the street out front shining a flashlight around and shrugged it off. Over a period of time that happen again. And again. My (then) teenaged son mentioned to me that HE had been seeing lights flashing through the trees in the back yard. Over the years this has continued. It doesn't happen very often, but over the course of 25 years I might've seen lights 25 times. Most recently I just happened to look out my bedroom window about 1am. Lights off and dark inside and out when it caught my eye. At first I thought I was looking at a car headlight driving on the cul d sac behind our house, but I quickly realized that's impossible....it's too far away and at the wrong angle. The bright white light I was seeing was outside my bedroom window IN the back yard. It was about 10' above the ground. As it moved it would disappear behind tree trunks and reappear. I had a good look at it.

I've lived with these lights for years and never considered them spooky or scary. I always wonder what they are. I have no idea. But now...now I see reports of bigfoot vanishing, sometimes with light orbs appearing. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

You are not alone, if you haven't read them already, try and get hold of Where the Footprints End: high Strangeness and the Bigfoot Phenomenon, in 2 volumes, by Joshua Cutchin and Timothy Renner, an excellent read that slots bigfoot in there with a whole bunch of other paranormal phenomena.

Thank you SimonBurchell! I'll look for that next time I go to Barnes and Noble! I have seen mention of foot prints that just end for some inexplicable reason.

A few of use are toying with the idea that a lot of phenomena stem from the same source. It’s one thing that doesn’t know WHAT to be until the witness gives it an imprint base on the prevalent local cuture. Ufos, Bigfoot, Fairies, Sprites, elementals are one mysterious thing looking to us to give them form.

@Old_Shoe

Thanks for sharing!

As others have written - orbs and Bigfoot are kind of a thing.

Be cautious of anyone that claims to know why this is - they don't.

The books @SimonBurchell recommended are fantastic. Also I would draw your attention to the author's podcasts. He often discussses the whole "weird" Bigfoot phenomena. Some episodes are direct field recordings of them being at orb sites, observing them -

https://www.strangefamiliars.com/home/category/podcast+episodes

It is also probably the highest quality and fascinating podcast on these matters I think you'll find.

You will hear people talking about disappearing Bigfoot. Some will say stuff I think is silly - Bigfoot walking into a portal, Bigfoot getting beamed up by UFOs. I don't buy that stuff. I think they can disappear, because they are never really there in a way that we can understand. Said it before- Bigfoot is real. It must be- thousands of reports from ancient Native stories up to modern hunter's reports. It's real. But not in a way that a car is, or a shoe.

Last edited:
The Sasquatch Chronicles podcast also - I would recommend that too. There are many people telling their experiences who also see balls of light. I feel quite jealous :) But in the UK we have our balls of light connected to fairies. So I don't mind.

Maybe sasquatch is a big hairy American fairy

I would suggest something absolutely along those lines.

Or the phenomena that makes people see fairies is the same phenomena that makes people see Bigfoot.

Edit - "make" is a terrible word, but you know what I mean I think..."enables" might be better?

Last edited:
Sorry. When I hear Bigfoot and Orbs in the same sentence, my mind automatically conjures up this image.

1624897248602.jpeg

@Old_Shoe Thanks for posting about your forteana. Any chance of setting up a camera and catching these lights on film?

I reckon I could set up a trail cam in my back yard. That is something that occurred to me. I don't know how expensive they are...or even, where to find one. It might be worth looking into it tho.
I think there are all sorts of prices, depending on how fancy you go. But whether any would react to just a light I don't know - they're triggered by motion I think? Maybe it would work if the light's moving - that seems possible?. My parents have a fairly cheap one that they capture hedgehogs and cats etc on when they come into the garden, but that just takes like 1 picture when the movement happens. I guess more expensive ones with bigger memory would take a little burst of video? It uses infra red light. So whether it could 'see' a light like it would 'see' a hedgehog (which has something solid to bounce the infra red light off) I don't know.

(Also, weirdly, a repeated comment on Sasquatch Chronicles seems to be that putting up cameras puts off the phenomena. But what on earth that suggests I do not know at all).

I think there are all sorts of prices, depending on how fancy you go. But whether any would react to just a light I don't know - they're triggered by motion I think? Maybe it would work if the light's moving - that seems possible?. My parents have a fairly cheap one that they capture hedgehogs and cats etc on when they come into the garden, but that just takes like 1 picture when the movement happens. I guess more expensive ones with bigger memory would take a little burst of video? It uses infra red light. So whether it could 'see' a light like it would 'see' a hedgehog (which has something solid to bounce the infra red light off) I don't know.

(Also, weirdly, a repeated comment on Sasquatch Chronicles seems to be that putting up cameras puts off the phenomena. But what on earth that suggests I do not know at all).
Maybe they can smell the camera. Perhaps camouflage and scent camera

Back