• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Crop Circles

very nice.

interesting use of positive and negative and the shadows.

Now pufferfish.

Japan’s white-spotted pufferfish are renowned for producing complex, ringed patterns in the sand. Now, 5,500 kilometers away in Australia, scientists have discovered what appear to be dozens more of these creations.

While conducting a marine life survey out on Australia’s North West Shelf near subsea gas infrastructure with an autonomous underwater vehicle, marine ecologist Todd Bond spotted a striking pattern on the seafloor, more than 100 meters deep. “Immediately, I knew what it was,” recounts Bond, of the University of Western Australia in Perth. Bond and his colleagues continued the survey, ultimately finding nearly two dozen more.

Until now, these undersea “crop circles” were found only off the coast of Japan. First spotted in the 1990s, it took two decades to solve the mystery of what created them. In 2011, scientists found the sculptors — the diminutive males of what was then a new species of Torquigener pufferfish. The patterns are nests, meticulously plowed over the course of days and decorated with shells to entice females to lay their eggs in the center. ...

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/pufferfish-mysterious-crop-circles-found-near-australia

Has anyone a useful explanation?
Here is a nest

download (1).jpeg

And the little artist making it

Ive lived in Wiltshire most of my life and seen no puffer fish.

Nor aliens.
Any Japanese restaurants there? Order pufferfish.
Hopefully, you'll survive.

In our location, farmers over the years have reported simple circles on their fields, not anything spectacular.

I think when it is simple and mundane, then it really might be an indication of UFOs.

Reactions: RaM
Oddly I have just been talking to someone in our st complaining about the gulls
they were squawking their heads off about 2/3 am this morning, they woke me up,
It seems they woke them up to but they looked out of the window and saw multi
coloured flashing lights hovering over the bay, they stayed in the same place for
about 10 min, I didn't see them but did hear the gulls. It could have been a exercise
or something as we get loads of helicopters both military and civil, must get out of
bed grab the camera if it happens again.

Start of a crop circle?

Noticed this today, it's not been windy and no big animals get on here,
wasent there yesterday, hardly a masterpiece but more striking in real
life.

View attachment 41864
Looks like wind damage to me - you see these sort of flattened patches quite often in crop fields. I don't see why not grass as well. It's going to get a lot of wind from proximity to the sea. It's not laid down neatly like a 'proper' crop circle.

Never seen them were the pics were taken but there's a field about a mile away
were you see quit a few dust devils for some reason, now I could see that doing it.
just for interest if you look on the horizon about 1/4 in on the right the building
you can see is Heysham nuclear power station, it's about 8 miles away, we used to
get men dressed in hazmat suits from there poking about with Giger counters but
not seen them for years, the hills you can just see on the right are in the Lake district
and are over 20 miles away.

Last edited:
Oddly I have just been talking to someone in our st complaining about the gulls
they were squawking their heads off about 2/3 am this morning, they woke me up,
It seems they woke them up to but they looked out of the window and saw multi
coloured flashing lights hovering over the bay, they stayed in the same place for
about 10 min, I didn't see them but did hear the gulls. It could have been a exercise
or something as we get loads of helicopters both military and civil, must get out of
bed grab the camera if it happens again.
That sounds very interesting 'RaM.' Might have been laser lights though - and that might well have disturbed the Gulls?

It could be anything to be honest, the bay is known as a hot spot, Heysham nuclear power
is about 8 miles away and Barrow were they build nuclear subs about 18, the area is used
for fast jet testing and low flying by the military not to speak of a parachute club 2 or 3
microlight clubs BA systems and a few more that don't welcome attention,
so plenty of unusual stuff to look out for.

Start of a crop circle?

Noticed this today, it's not been windy and no big animals get on here,
wasent there yesterday, hardly a masterpiece but more striking in real
life.

View attachment 41864
That is probably caused by getting wet overnight, and getting too heavy to support itself upright . . .
(Just a quick sketch to illustrate)
Rain or overnight moisture in the air flattens it.

Screenshot 2021-08-07 115327.jpg

When I looked a day or two later it had gone so didn't last long.

Wind damage corrects itself. Unless it’s brutal.
Crop artist stuff does not go away until it is mown out.

Crop artist stuff does not go away until it is mown out.
Well, oddly enough (and I don't know the reason why this is) Crop Artist stuff doesn't go away, it somehow replicates itself from darkened patches within the ground/sub-soil and seems to last for a very long time, years after the crops have been harvested. And I believe that no-one has yet come up with an answer to it yet ~ as far as I am aware?

Last edited:
What I said.
Well not literally as you said 'skinny.' As to state again - even if it is mown, crop marks even though the crop is cut and removed do not seem to just disappear.

Although these mysterious formations have appeared worldwide, south-west England is the unlikely world capital of crop circles, baffling locals and farmers alike. They are particularly concentrated in the county of Wiltshire, where a treasure trove of ancient history includes the Neolithic sites of Stonehenge and Avebury – both crop circle hotspots.

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20210822-englands-crop-circle-controversy

Although these mysterious formations have appeared worldwide, south-west England is the unlikely world capital of crop circles, baffling locals and farmers alike. They are particularly concentrated in the county of Wiltshire, where a treasure trove of ancient history includes the Neolithic sites of Stonehenge and Avebury – both crop circle hotspots.

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20210822-englands-crop-circle-controversy
Came across this one yesterday. . . in Yorkshire!
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news...ry/mysterious-star-shaped-alien-crop-21368416

Posted this some time back It then disappeared but now it's back but the grass is dyeing.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/crop-circles.4665/page-20#post-2093864

View attachment 44595
Must have a look tomorrow see if some bugger as dumped something.
Don't think that it seems to be a crop circle 'RaM.'
For one thing the grasses appear to be dead or dying, whereas in crop circle formations the crops usually still grow on for sometime, even though it's bent over, and in the photo above the grasses appear to be laying randomly - unlike in a crop circle.
This looks more like something is either affecting the roots of the grasses at a certain depth underground. Suppose it could be chemical of some kind that's sank so far underground, or it might even be old foundations of some kind which would stop any further growth ~ particularly in that 'L' shape (more likely I would think?).
Or it could be just sitting on top of hidden rock at a certain depth - metal bar pushed into the ground should confirm that.

Last edited:
Didn't think it was a crop circle to be honest but never seen it before,
no foundations near there and the old salt sewer was a few hundred
yards way, but on very high tides things that come down the river
come round the corner and get washed along there, one of the old
ferry boats ended up a bit further down but that's a few years back,
will have a look see if anything's hiding in the grass.

Back