• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Thanks, I think. This timeslip link is a nice timesuck. i'm stuck on it.
Also, a major factor in Liverpool is that about 1 km below Bold Street is a highly complex system of geological fault lines. Maybe the building of the railway did intensify or focus their effect. The London Underground is known for ghosts and likely time slips, although nowhere near as many as at Liverpool.

Also, a major factor in Liverpool is that about 1 km below Bold Street is a highly complex system of geological fault lines. Maybe the building of the railway did intensify or focus their effect. The London Underground is known for ghosts and likely time slips, although nowhere near as many as at Liverpool.
Yes maybe Bold street has the exact right mixture between the geology and the way the underground is set up.

Yes maybe Bold street has the exact right mixture between the geology and the way the underground is set up.
I think that the ancients knew about these things and built stone circles to fine tune the energy -- many still generate time slips today.

I wonder if anyone who has a interest in Time Slips have went to Bold Street had a any luck ?
Tom Slemen claimed to have found evidence of time variations using digital chronometers. He placed four around the site where a long departed chippy had been seen and after a few minutes two showed small variations of 1/100 and 1/50 secs. A man called Steve posting on Time Travel Institute had the following experience:

steve6969.jpg

Tom Slemen claimed to have found evidence of time variations using digital chronometers. He placed four around the site where a long departed chippy had been seen and after a few minutes two showed small variations of 1/100 and 1/50 secs. A man called Steve posting on Time Travel Institute had the following experience:

View attachment 43333
Pity he didn't take note of which monarch's insignia was on the post box

A (magnetised) compass needle that “goes crazy” when next to a large mass of cast iron? Whatever next?

maximus otter

Indeed.
I own a couple of good-quality magnetic compasses and I do enjoy their reassuring presence when I'm out on a hike.
I've lost count of the number of times they have twitched and temporarily pointed to a direction I know not to be north.
Usually, a good look around me will detect the presence of some sort of ferrous structure - bridge, railings, train tracks, mobile phone mast etc.
On the occasions where I couldn't spot any obvious culprit, I put it down to a deposit of iron ore beneath my feet.
The digital compass built into my Casio Pathfinder doesn't have this problem (but isn't as much fun to use).

Indeed.
I own a couple of good-quality magnetic compasses and I do enjoy their reassuring presence when I'm out on a hike.
I've lost count of the number of times they have twitched and temporarily pointed to a direction I know not to be north.
Usually, a good look around me will detect the presence of some sort of ferrous structure - bridge, railings, train tracks, mobile phone mast etc.
On the occasions where I couldn't spot any obvious culprit, I put it down to a deposit of iron ore beneath my feet.
The digital compass built into my Casio Pathfinder doesn't have this problem (but isn't as much fun to use).
We used to walk our dogs on fields that were being prepared for building on. I owned a lovely Swiss watch with a compass. The compass was way off in that area so I took others and they'd fail too.

It's all warehouses now so probably not convenient to wander around testing compasses.

I'm hugely annoyed with myself because I just read a 'ghost' story (supposedly true) that I thought sounded far more like a time-slip event. Can I now find the story I was reading so that I can post a reference to it here? Can I buggery.

Isn't Tom Slemen known for... ahem... massaging his ghost stories?
He's not averse to including bits of obviously imaginative writing when he needs to pad out one of his books, but it's not hard to distinuish these from the more mundane reports. If he gives the real names of the witnesses, and even ages, it is quite easy to confirm (or not) whether those people actually exist. I suspect he enjoys mystifying his readers.

We used to walk our dogs on fields that were being prepared for building on. I owned a lovely Swiss watch with a compass. The compass was way off in that area so I took others and they'd fail too.

It's all warehouses now so probably not convenient to wander around testing compasses.
If you've been following the second series of Skinwalker Ranch, wild variations in compass behaviour seem very common there, especially when interesting stuff is happening. There have been some posts of jumbled up episodes on You Tube, but it's starting tomorrow on Sky in the UK. Local geology can affect their performance, but only in a consistent way, not showing frequent change.

If you've been following the second series of Skinwalker Ranch, wild variations in compass behaviour seem very common there, especially when interesting stuff is happening. There have been some posts of jumbled up episodes on You Tube, but it's starting tomorrow on Sky in the UK. Local geology can affect their performance, but only in a consistent way, not showing frequent change.
Yup, the compasses I took on the dogwalks all showed the same error. They didn't spin or stay still.

He's not averse to including bits of obviously imaginative writing when he needs to pad out one of his books, but it's not hard to distinuish these from the more mundane reports. If he gives the real names of the witnesses, and even ages, it is quite easy to confirm (or not) whether those people actually exist. I suspect he enjoys mystifying his readers.
That's really not good enough though. If it's factual writing it should be the articulatedly-recounted facts, with any speculation clearly marked as such.
Otherwise we're into Creepy Pasta territory, or yarns. ;)

This can be done intelligently and is how certain true crime writers work.

Edited to add that I personally wouldn't waste any time on Tom Slemen or any other author I've found to be elaborating or downright fabricating his research.
Lying is lying, with writers and readers as in any other relationship. We need to know what's true and what's not.

We accept actual storytelling because we can tell which part is the truth, where human interactions are interestingly described both working and going wrong. The yarn is just padding.

Last edited:
That's really not good enough though. If it's factual writing it should be the articulatedly-recounted facts, with any speculation clearly marked as such.
Otherwise we're into Creepy Pasta territory, or yarns. ;)

This can be done intelligently and is how certain true crime writers work.

Edited to add that I personally wouldn't waste any time on Tom Slemen or any other author I've found to be elaborating or downright fabricating his research.
Lying is lying, with writers and readers as in any other relationship. We need to know what's true and what's not.

We accept actual storytelling because we can tell which part is the truth, where human interactions are interestingly described both working and going wrong. The yarn is just padding.
I'm afraid that until a really serious research effort is mounted in Liverpool, and neither Slemen nor the local paranormal group seem to have taken up the challenge, we are going to remain frustrated. Even if we throw out all of Slemen's cases -- and many of them are from radio talk shows where listeners have phoned in with their own stories -- there are still more time slip cases from Liverpool than any other single location.

I'm afraid that until a really serious research effort is mounted in Liverpool, and neither Slemen nor the local paranormal group seem to have taken up the challenge, we are going to remain frustrated. Even if we throw out all of Slemen's cases -- and many of them are from radio talk shows where listeners have phoned in with their own stories -- there are still more time slip cases from Liverpool than any other single location.
We need that research. :wink2:

People ringing in with anecdotes doesn't cut it either. There are all sorts of reasons for not believing them.

I do wonder if there are lots of unaccounted for time slips. Where people have thought that was a bit crazy and just carried on. Perhaps thinking that people will think they are bonkers if they mention it. Maybe loads more in Liverpool.

I do wonder if there are lots of unaccounted for time slips. Where people have thought that was a bit crazy and just carried on. Perhaps thinking that people will think they are bonkers if they mention it. Maybe loads more in Liverpool.
I think you are correct. In fact, with regard to almost any type of "unusual" event, it's quite common to come across friends and colleagues with interesting stories, but who have never reported them to anybody. (Often, of course, they would have no idea where to report them.) There is actually a social pressure against reporting such matters and if a lot of cases do seem to be coming from location A then the chances are that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I think you are correct. In fact, with regard to almost any type of "unusual" event, it's quite common to come across friends and colleagues with interesting stories, but who have never reported them to anybody. (Often, of course, they would have no idea where to report them.) There is actually a social pressure against reporting such matters and if a lot of cases do seem to be coming from location A then the chances are that's just the tip of the iceberg.
There needs to be an advert in Liverpool asking if anyone has experienced anything and that they can be anonymous if they want to.

I think time slips could account for lots of odd sightings maybe UFO's are from
the future and ghosts the passed, if you can see them can they see you in their
time? is this were the out of time photos come from that you see on the net?
:omr:

There may, of course, be time slips that nobody realises was a time slip. If you are walking across a field and feel a bit 'funny' for a moment, who's to say you haven't just slipped several years into the past or future? If there are no corroborating landmarks to appear or vanish, if the landscape is just verdant hills, which don't change much over the years?

Ditto ghosts. Any person you pass at a distance on any day, may not be there at all.

Back